So....was at my local Best Buy looking for a pda/iphone holder for my car and I see this guy arranging all the dummy blackberry phones...in between he would type on his tour and I thought nothing of it.....a few min later I ran into him again and noticed he had a blackberry laptop style bag on him .... So of course I asked if he worked for BB and he said yes.... Was a national sales rep.

Of course I wanted to pick his brain a bit and asked about T2....he said it should be out within a month....the only setback is VZ approving 5.0 for T1 .... Confirmed it will be called T2 and the Bold is strictly a GSM phone and name. I then asked about future phones for VZ and he said we prob won't see anything til end of year or next year......then he said att will have a nice new BB later in fall but declined to comment on name or style.

So there you have it. T2 is T2 and should be out soon.....fricken picky VZ!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-24-10 09:11 PM
    i really hope your just not making up a story
    02-24-10 09:14 PM
    So....was at my local Best Buy looking for a pda/iphone holder for my car and I see this guy arranging all the dummy blackberry phones...in between he would type on his tour and I thought nothing of it.....a few min later I ran into him again and noticed he had a blackberry laptop style bag on him .... So of course I asked if he worked for BB and he said yes.... Was a national sales rep.

Of course I wanted to pick his brain a bit and asked about T2....he said it should be out within a month....the only setback is VZ approving 5.0 for T1 .... Confirmed it will be called T2 and the Bold is strictly a GSM phone and name. I then asked about future phones for VZ and he said we prob won't see anything til end of year or next year......then he said att will have a nice new BB later in fall but declined to comment on name or style.

So there you have it. T2 is T2 and should be out soon.....fricken picky VZ!

Hmmmm interesting. This pretty much goes against everything every blackberry blog/website has been reporting this week. You should have asked about the rumors of it being scraped and them looking to bring a CDMA Bold to the market
    02-24-10 09:15 PM
    i really hope your just not making up a story
    i second that
    02-24-10 09:17 PM
    Your gonna get eaten alive....
    02-24-10 09:18 PM
    Fingers crossed!!!! ALMOST went and picked up a Tour today. I'm getting restless with my Storm!!!
    02-24-10 09:19 PM
    Was his name Sauce X ?
    02-24-10 09:19 PM

02-24-10 09:20 PM
    Sorry guys...its not a story. I wouldn't have typed all that on my BB if it was....would have waited til I got home...lol

that is very strange
    I'd give more confirming info but don't need him to lose his job over it. He was a nice guy.

02-24-10 09:23 PM

I agree with what that pic says!
    02-24-10 09:24 PM
    dont know who to believe anymore.
    02-24-10 09:28 PM
    that guy might have just been messing with you. if its going to be called the bold he could have made up whatever he wanted about a tour 2 to get you to quit asking questions.
    02-24-10 09:33 PM
    Was his name Sauce X ?
    hah!! good one!
    02-24-10 09:34 PM
    I'd give more confirming info but don't need him to lose his job over it. He was a nice guy.

With all due respect, I don't see how you giving us information that he gave you would put his job in jeopardy. It's not like you'd have to give us his name and address. No one here even knows who YOU are in "real life" so there's no way we or anyone else could trace anything back to this guy.

If you really are being honest, this is very interesting. All I can say is I don't even care if we don't get this "Bold" if it means the Tour 2 would be out within a month. But even Sal is confirming the whole Bold thing and said it will become a totally different phone than what we saw in the Tour 2.

02-24-10 09:35 PM
    I was going to give u the actual location I was at and u could have called and confirm he was there or is still there. But by me giving a loca(ion, gives out the region....and I'm sure the reps are broken down into region.

02-24-10 09:39 PM
    I'm tired of this 2 wks ago.

02-24-10 09:39 PM
    I was going to give u the actual location I was at and u could have called and confirm he was there or is still there. But by me giving a loca(ion, gives out the region....and I'm sure the reps are broken down into region.

The info you received is old info and inaccurate. No need to give a store location or the guys name.
    02-24-10 09:41 PM

Well... yeah, doing something that extreme probably wouldn't be a great idea as far as helping this guy keep his job. lol I just thought you meant you would provide more details of what he told you. I just don't understand where all the guys "in the know" here would be getting all the Bold info and all that if it wasn't true?

I'm tired of this 2 wks ago.

Honestly I think it's slightly amusing at this point. I don't think there's ever been a release that's been so uncertain and secretive and back and forth than this one. I think we've all heard pretty much every release story and release date possible.
    02-24-10 09:43 PM
    Probably an uninformed tech guy - I would have been more interested in his Blackberry laptop bag - sounds cool.

I believe Sal and his informants when they say the VZW Bold is coming. No one else.

Interesting encounter you had nonetheless.
    02-24-10 09:49 PM

LMAO...love the pic. i agree
    02-24-10 09:50 PM
    I actually believe you because why would you lie, but with all the blog sites posting otherwise it does sound a bit iffy, these guys live to talk blackberry and get inside news....so thats why its a little iffy in my case
    02-24-10 09:52 PM
    John, he may not have received new/updated information. However, this very well could be true. What happens if these stories are both true. There will be a Tour 2.....and yet a BOLD being developed-- which is now in place of the supposed magnum that was being developed.

I am on T-mobile and was looking to switch to sprint. What I am going to do is similar to what Mojo and others have done. i am going to buy a bold 9700 outright and whenever this Tour2/bold comes out switch over to sprint and sell the 9700-

Or I might just get that android HTC Supersonic, it sounds like a great phone.

The reason I get blackberry is honestly because it exudes business (I work for a financial advisory firm.)

Thanks for sharing the information John, I am sure they appreciate it even if they seemingly don't act like it.
    02-24-10 10:03 PM
    Trust me....I knew it would be like this when I posted it...nothing out of the ordinary....but like I said, he didn't give me an actual date...just "should be within a month". Its all on vz and 5.0 for T1.

02-24-10 10:03 PM
89 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD