Well I can't upgrade my oh so boring LG Voyager to the Storm 2 until April. I would have to pay the full price if I bought it now and that is just not an option considering I am only 16....

I know its only about 1 month and a half for me to wait, but its killing me . Now I know why this site is called CrackBerry . Well, I just recently saw an offer on Amazon where you can get the Storm 2 for 40$ ! However, i noticed it said you need a service plan. What I am wondering is if I would have to start a whole other new plan instead of just activating my phone on my Verizon account and then deactivating my Voyager. Are there any other disadvantages to buying from Amazon?

Thanks for the help in advance!
    02-24-10 07:41 PM
    All blackberry's and any other smartphone's requires a data plan if you are paying a contract price.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-24-10 07:53 PM
    Well if you're one contract is ending then I suppose the only loss would be that you'd have to pay any remaining months on your first contract.. Aka for you ~1 month. But do Verizon have a 'retentions' department per se? If so then as a user for 1+ years I'm sure they'll be able to give you a better plan and I'm sure they'll include a new phone for a minimal cost. This is how Rogers is, so other Verizon users correct me if I'm wrong
    02-24-10 07:53 PM
    I understand what you're asking, as I am having the same issues. I'll be upgrading to a 9550 in April as well, and the sites I have been looking at make you select a plan too, even though I clearly said I am upgrading, not purchasing new. Since I currently have a family plan, I just chose the same one I already have, but I too am wondering if there would be any issues with it. Also, take a look at the crackberry store, as they currently have the storm 2 for $1.99!!

Basically, what we are asking, is should we just select the same plan we already have, understanding that he would have the new $30 charge on his account for the data plan?
    Last edited by rayman21186; 02-24-10 at 09:03 PM.
    02-24-10 08:59 PM
    You can't upgrade early unless you pay a fee through verizon as far as I know, I did an early upgrade for the storm 2, its a $25 charge and definitely worth it, just go to a verizon store and ask them how you can get the s2 earlier than april..
    02-24-10 09:29 PM
    Storm2...............great phone. You will love it way better than your voyager.
    02-24-10 09:32 PM
    I came from the Voyager to the Storm 1 and even that was a drastic improvement.
    02-24-10 09:49 PM
    Yea I know it will be a big jump from voyager to storm, I am giddy lol. I think I will just play it safe and first go ask verizon if there is any way I can upgrade early cause this is killing me.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-24-10 11:46 PM
    It certainly worth a try, the s2 is amazing.
    02-25-10 08:11 AM
    A lot of the times, Verizon will let you early upgrade for a small early upgrade fee ($20-25). They are more prone to do it, especially if you are going from a dumbphone to a smartphone as they will receive more revenue ($30 more a month) from you.
    02-25-10 09:20 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD