EDIT: CLARION THEME FOR GENUS IS NOW ONLINE, FREE BlackBerry Themes - Elecite

So for the last few weeks, we�ve managed to keep it real quiet while working on a new concept we believe is a start and a new approach to building and delivering a theme that is simply what YOU want it to be.

We call this project GENUS Theme Machine.

The way it works is, we take any of our themes from Elecite (future to come or those that have already been made) and run it through GENUS. Then, when you choose that theme, you�ll have the option to customize it online in many different aspects before purchasing it. In other words, you�ll be able to strip it down, add features, and remove features, change colors, fonts and much more. After you finish, a link is instantly delivered to you � no wait time

GENUS platform will be launched very soon with an option to customize 1 theme absolutely free. You won�t have to pay for the theme or to customize it. Because this is a very early beta program, we will not offer technical support. We are, however, looking for as much input and feedback as we can get to make this a one-of-a-kind user experience.

PS: Our first release will be very limited and won�t have as many features and options as we�d like to have but before we go further in, we�d love to know that we�re heading in the right direction

What do you guys think? Let�s talk about it!
    Last edited by elecite.com; 03-04-10 at 01:43 PM.
    02-24-10 07:00 PM
    This is very cool .. Cant wait to give it a shot.
    02-24-10 07:11 PM
    Sound revolutionary. Nothing like your way right away.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-24-10 07:14 PM
    As long as we the people could change it at any time after the initial purchase. Sounds like a sweet deal all around. That is some serious thinking outside the box.

02-24-10 07:15 PM
    This would be a GREAT thing. The color option is amazing. It was/is the only thing stopping me from buying pulse, because if it were in red, I would snap it up.
    02-24-10 07:15 PM
    Great Idea- I really liked the look of the liquid theme but hated that you couldnt change programs on the docks. If I could have done that I would have purchased
    02-24-10 07:26 PM
    The hardcore themers out there are going to go crazy over this idea.

There have been so many times that I love a theme, but the colors used just don't work for me. Or perhaps the hotspots just don't work for me (like the QL obsession).

Sounds really interesting. Looking forward to the prospect of this idea.
    02-24-10 07:35 PM
    Very cool. can't wait to try this out!

02-24-10 07:42 PM
    Very interesting idea.... id love to know how you do the "inner workings" of this project.
    02-24-10 07:43 PM
    seems like a great idea. themes work for different ppl in different ways. personalization is an awesome idea, especially for those who dont want to/dont have time to mess with theme builder themselves.
    02-24-10 07:48 PM
    great idea. some of the static icons wouldn't be the ones I'd choose so being able to switch will make it more likely I'd buy.
    02-24-10 08:41 PM
    Would this be true for icons too? Not individual icons but the ability to customize the sets?

02-24-10 11:29 PM
    Sounds Awesome
    02-24-10 11:35 PM
    Yes, like I said, we'll be releasing a very basic demo soon and even then you'll be able to select from a couple of different icon sets.
    02-25-10 12:40 AM
    Sounds very fun! Can't wait to try it out
    02-25-10 01:00 AM
    Sounds great elecite can't wait to see how it looks.
    02-25-10 05:54 AM
    I'll be there.. playing on the monkey-bars waiting overnight for it, just like I am for all other theme innovations. It'll take some time but this is a cash cow. Bravo Elecite.
    02-25-10 07:56 AM
    I'm interested lol can't wait to see how this works out!
    02-25-10 08:07 AM
    Wow, sounds like an amazing idea.
    02-25-10 09:17 AM
    I like the idea of being able to set my own hot spots and color themes. After its up and running think about having a contest for the most creative and best looking theme. This would be very popular to get the word out. Wish there were a sign up to be a tester or to be notified when it came out.

02-25-10 10:51 AM
    This sounds fantastic

02-25-10 12:01 PM
    This seems very interesting. I have 4-5 of your themes now and would love to play around with them and change some things. Very nice concept!
    02-25-10 12:43 PM
    The way it'll work in the beginning is that we'll have to assign themes to GENUS and we'll have to assign certain actions. In other words, whatever we pick and choose and add, those are the features you'll be able to mass with and select from.

For example, if we add 2 sets of icons, you'll be able to choose from those but won't be able to create/upload your own.

Eventually it would be nice to just make it so anyone could change and mass with anything they want hu lol
    02-25-10 12:55 PM
    I can't wait man

02-25-10 01:04 PM
    I'm lovin this idea look forward to release
    02-25-10 01:31 PM
70 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD