Sprint will launch 4G service in the following markets this year, in addition to others expected to be announced at a later time:
    Houston, TX
    New York, NY
    Boston, MA
    Washington, DC
    San Francisco, CA
    Denver, CO
    Minneapolis, MN
    Kansas City, MO-KS
    02-24-10 06:04 PM
    Sprint will launch 4G service in the following markets this year, in addition to others expected to be announced at a later time:
    Houston, TX
    New York, NY
    Boston, MA
    Washington, DC
    San Francisco, CA
    Denver, CO
    Minneapolis, MN
    Kansas City, MO-KS
    Woohoo...oh wait I'm not on the list
    02-24-10 09:00 PM
    i wonder how far 4g spreads. i am an hour away from boston, lol
    02-24-10 09:10 PM
    I'm a half hour away from Boston myself hope it reaches here

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-24-10 09:15 PM
    your in foxboro?
    im in fall river.
    02-24-10 09:18 PM
    Hells Yeah, Minnesota!
    02-24-10 10:24 PM
    i wonder how far 4g spreads. i am an hour away from boston, lol
    There have been several ZBA meetings about Clearwire installing new equipment on existing towers in the Fitchburg, MA area. It will vary by town whether they have to file with the zoning board but if they're coming all the way out here then there's a good chance it will be a fairly large area.

02-25-10 09:23 AM
    There have been several ZBA meetings about Clearwire installing new equipment on existing towers in the Fitchburg, MA area. It will vary by town whether they have to file with the zoning board but if they're coming all the way out here then there's a good chance it will be a fairly large area.

they should fix there s&$$ first clear isnt even covered in my area.... and im in chicago wtF? ridiculous
    02-25-10 10:55 AM
    so this means that we will be able to use the web and bbm even when we are the phone? like att has?

Thanks!
    02-25-10 01:40 PM
    Not like I'd really want to use early rollouts of a new network anyhow, even though my area is on the list...

Early rollouts always suck, not to mention any early phones that support them are going to do a lot more transitioning since service is usually very spotty...
    02-25-10 01:51 PM
    I wonder how far the Kansas City coverage will spread, not in the city but it would be nice to know if I could get it out here. Then I might think about getting a 4G phone...
    03-03-10 01:17 PM
    your in foxboro?
    im in fall river.
    that would be correct sir!
    03-07-10 08:16 AM
    Too bad it's Sprint!
    03-07-10 08:27 AM
    can the blackberry even use 4G? Form what I was looking at the only things that can use it is the air card and that mobile hot spot thing.
    03-07-10 08:44 AM
    can the blackberry even use 4G? Form what I was looking at the only things that can use it is the air card and that mobile hot spot thing.
    The first 4G Sprint phone is going to be the HTC Supersonic I believe.
    03-07-10 10:02 AM
    Thats what I thought. It's funny though how they hype up this 4g stuff and nothing they have can use it. But they pimp it like every smart phone they have out can use it.
    03-07-10 10:10 AM
    Too bad it's Sprint!
    for you maybe but not for me. verizon turns into paperweight mode when you drive down my street.
    plus sprint is cheaper and they have better phones for my fiance and when she is happy i am happy, lol

Thats what I thought. It's funny though how they hype up this 4g stuff and nothing they have can use it. But they pimp it like every smart phone they have out can use it.
    you have to understand though that was how 3g was launched to and sprint was the first in that as well.
    they use aircards because those are the people that need it most and then when a device comes out that can handle 4g they will put it in the phone.

they are not going to put 4g in an 8330 because the processor doesnt have the capability of going that fast. like trying to get a blueray to play in a dvd player, lol
    03-07-10 12:09 PM
    for you maybe but not for me. verizon turns into paperweight mode when you drive down my street.
    plus sprint is cheaper and they have better phones for my fiance and when she is happy i am happy, lol
    l
    soo true.. my gf loves the lg lotus i lucked out though her t mobile phone started working again lol.. but when she decides to change she likes sprint because of the unique phones for her.... again if shes happy i am lol
    03-07-10 12:24 PM
    Sprint seems to have improved overall in the past several years.
    03-07-10 04:15 PM
    ive been with Sprint my whole cell phone life. From '00~to now. My family and the wifes family were on Sprint so the wife and I stayed with Sprint.

I <3 my HTC Diamond. videos in 640x480 look superb on it. Just don't like the lag WinMo causes.

I'm waiting for the Essex or Supersonic...my rebate is due April 1st. Hope something is out by than or shortly after.
    03-09-10 10:47 PM
    I've known that NY happens in 2010, but is there any info out there with anything else?
    03-10-10 09:42 AM
    no they dont.. all the ads are showing the true great use for 4g.. laptops and wifi hubs... i can ditch comcast in a second once this arrives.

the lack of phones wont be an issue as there isnt gonna be any smartphone that can handle these connection speeds.. do you see a bold 9700 doing wifi at even 2mbps today?..umm nope.

and when the phones can..the battteries wont last..they will fry with the workload.....lol

03-10-10 10:27 AM
    Well only time will tell. But I wil tell you that the 4G for sprint is fast
    03-10-10 01:59 PM
    I guess I should throw in my 2 cents, I just got a sprint overdrive and I must say the 4g is great. I live in the suburbs of phila and service is great.
    03-11-10 09:08 PM
    Its kind of backward that there are giving away 4G service at unlimited use and 3G is still capped at a ridiculous 5GB!! 3G should be unlimited also or alteast be capped at 20GB!!! I am a hater right now because 4G is never going to reach my area Delaware ever, lol
    03-11-10 10:34 PM
47 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD