Sorry is this has been touched on. Has anyone replaced just the keypad? Mine is cracked on the menu/return key above and below the trackpad. Up to now the device has been flawless. It has been more than 90 days so the ATT reps just said send it back to blackberry. Any other fixes? Thank you
    02-24-10 01:14 PM
    Truesupplier.com

You can buy a new keyboard, they ship you the tools as well.
    02-24-10 01:58 PM
    AT&T should be able to hook you up with the warranty exchange!
    02-24-10 03:57 PM
    I was thinking of the cnn or true supplier- Thanks
    Wbold- Called the corp store and they said no insurance no excange. The warranty applies to software. They gave me the warranty exchange 1800-810-810-1101. It was a male gay dating line. I called back and she apologized and gave me the correct one and said to send it to blackberry. Poor!
    02-24-10 10:17 PM
    AT&T will see a cracked key as physical damage, true or not. Replacing the keyboard is cake, knock it out in 5 minutes. Get one with red numbers while your at it!

I have a related question though. I've taken my 9700 apart several times, the bottom trim piece has been loose since the first disassembly. Normal? Its REALLY annoying!!
    02-24-10 10:20 PM
    Thanks I will do that. Red numbers would look cool!
    02-24-10 10:50 PM
    I wouldn't let them get away without giving a warranty exchange. Taking it apart, while easy, will for sure void your one year warranty.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-24-10 10:59 PM
    AT&T will see a cracked key as physical damage, true or not. Replacing the keyboard is cake, knock it out in 5 minutes. Get one with red numbers while your at it!

I have a related question though. I've taken my 9700 apart several times, the bottom trim piece has been loose since the first disassembly. Normal? Its REALLY annoying!!
    Pop it back off and bend the little hooks at each end forward. You will see that they are bent back, making it fit loosely.

When you reinstall it, hook the center in first, then hook your finger nail under the outer edge of the curve on the corner and pull up. This will bend the bottom cover a bit moving the hook down (towards the bottom of the phone). Then with your other hand, press down on the very end of the bottom cover (the end you bent up) and pull out your other fingernail. The tab will drop into the slot without bending and it should be tight. Repeat for the other end. It's hard to explain.
    02-24-10 11:12 PM
    Poor keypad

02-24-10 11:22 PM
    I think I will try GibMcFraggers idea. I guess no one's else has cracked by the track pad? That phone has been absolutely flawless. I baby it too! This is the last thing I imagined. I'll order that keypad and the black housing for my 8310.

Thanks for all the help and suggestions guys!
    02-25-10 02:29 AM
    Got the same problem for the "bottom cover part" Ordered the CNN.cn blank one. Can't wait to see it there is some adhesive stuff or if it will be more tight in that way. Seems the carrier branded logo aren't a little bit glued on like the previous Bold 9000. That sucks.
    02-25-10 02:56 AM
    Got the same problem for the "bottom cover part" Ordered the CNN.cn blank one. Can't wait to see it there is some adhesive stuff or if it will be more tight in that way. Seems the carrier branded logo aren't a little bit glued on like the previous Bold 9000. That sucks.
    Everything is fine

02-25-10 06:04 AM

where do you get the one with red numbers?
    02-25-10 08:36 AM
    i need the keypad with red numbers too.
    02-26-10 11:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD