Hey,

Got the new Bold 9700.

The little yellow envelope will not disappear at all!!!! I've checked the missed calls, inbox messages and emails etc.

I've done battery pulls and that does the trick but it keeps coming back,

anyone got any ideas??? thanks in advance!
    02-24-10 10:53 AM
    Go into EVERY folder and hit the U(for unread) button. Check all folders including Hidden folders, Saved Message folder, PIN messages, Missed Calls logged in Message folder. Open any Missed Calls logged.

If you have your general " Messages" folder hidden (Menu-Show All), check there. PIN messages and App World update messages are only logged in this folder.

Try a battery pull.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-24-10 11:01 AM
    may u specified which icon that u mean?

02-24-10 11:04 AM

good information, needs to be updated with the twitter icon....

02-24-10 11:16 AM
    Great image, yes! If someone can do something like this, adding all message icon indicators, i think it would be great in the how to section.

02-24-10 11:21 AM
    Great image, yes! If someone can do something like this, adding all message icon indicators, i think it would be great in the how to section.

And make it a sticky at the top of the forum.
    02-24-10 12:11 PM

Its the envelope with the '2 new messages' next to it. However it doesnt show a number, just a red star
    02-24-10 12:33 PM
    I have had the issue occur twice in the past week. The first time it happened, i did a battery pull and that cleared it up. The second time it came up, i called t-mob and the call center associate walked me through a full backup, then a specific back up of stuff that i really needed, i.e. contacts, and password keeper. After i made that specific back up, then i wiped the phone and loaded only the stuff from my specific back up and so far, all has been good. A bit of drastic measures, but time will tell. Regardless, i would call into your carrier when you have the issue so that way they have record of the issue.
    02-24-10 02:22 PM
    Check for a missed call. Missed calls will show a star next to the envelope.

02-24-10 02:25 PM
    The message icon stays on my device as well...a battery pull fixes it!

02-24-10 02:46 PM
    You prolly have a message hidden somewhere if you get a lot of emails.
    02-24-10 03:00 PM
    that list is gold!!! needs to be stickied for sure!!
    02-24-10 03:03 PM
    go into messages hit the menu button, click on "view saved messages" you should find an unread message in there! you probably saved an unread message by mistake or something! i have done that a couple of times now.
    02-25-10 11:07 AM
    I have the same issue with no avail. I even heard my message tone go off this morning when i opened my msg box and sms box nothing was there!

i've tried it all from battery pulls to checking different folders. Not sure if this has to do with the OS i installed (.9xx)

Anyone have any other suggestions?
    04-06-10 03:10 PM
    Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!

I was having the same problem. Went into the folders and there were two missed calls. I deleated and the icon went away.

txintern is right, this list is gold!

Last edited by JoJo31; 04-06-10 at 06:54 PM.
    04-06-10 06:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD