Is this phone still going to look like the Tour 1? Will it look like the Bold 9700?

Are we guaranteed a faster processor now and this "Bold/Essex" isn't just a Tour 1 with wifi+trackpad?

Bigger flash memory than the 256mb from the Tour 1?

Just wondering if anything is really changing that drastically compared to what has been leaked causing a delay.
    02-24-10 09:22 AM
    At this point just sit back and watch. NOBODY KNOWS!!!!
    02-24-10 09:24 AM
    'Guaranteed' is not a word I would use for this phone in anyway, shape or form.
    02-24-10 09:26 AM
    No one knows anything about it. You ain't gunna get any facts on whats going on with the phone for a little while.
    02-24-10 09:26 AM
    Sal says it will be a brand new phone... from his twitter

salomondrin:
    The new CDMA BOLD will not be the 9650 that we've already seen. Its gonna be a brand new phone we haven't seen! (Via Sinternet Jr) GREAT!
    9 minutes ago via web

I know his credibility has taken a bit of a hit because of the feb date, but i still think he is one of our most reliable contacts
    02-24-10 10:19 AM
    Sal says it will be a brand new phone... from his twitter

salomondrin:
    The new CDMA BOLD will not be the 9650 that we've already seen. Its gonna be a brand new phone we haven't seen! (Via Sinternet Jr) GREAT!
    9 minutes ago via web

I know his credibility has taken a bit of a hit because of the feb date, but i still think he is one of our most reliable contacts
    Sooooo the 9650 has been scrapped and is going to be something entirely different? I've been waiting for months for that particular device and it has been for naught? *sigh*

Well. I don't know what I'm going to do now. Lol, all I really wanted was a TOUR w/o the potential trackball issues. Gosh.
    02-24-10 10:53 AM
    Sinternet Jr was the first to report this. Sal got his info from him I do believe since he quotes him in his twitter post.
    02-24-10 11:03 AM
    Sinternet Jr was the first to report this. Sal got his info from him I do believe since he quotes him in his twitter post.
    Plus, Sal did have the actual Essex phone and posted a of it.
    02-24-10 11:11 AM
    9650 may never see the light of day but we may see a 9730 soon
    02-24-10 11:16 AM
    We may see a 9730, but the definition of "soon" may be questionable.
    02-24-10 11:17 AM
    This is correct, sal is a good guy
    02-24-10 11:18 AM
    Plus, Sal did have the actual Essex phone and posted a of it.
    Don't really understand what you mean by this. We know he has the Essex, there is no doubt about that.
    02-24-10 11:18 AM
    Is this phone still going to look like the Tour 1? Will it look like the Bold 9700?

Are we guaranteed a faster processor now and this "Bold/Essex" isn't just a Tour 1 with wifi+trackpad?

Bigger flash memory than the 256mb from the Tour 1?

Just wondering if anything is really changing that drastically compared to what has been leaked causing a delay.
    Whatever it is (BB9650/T2/Bold9730/Essex), it better be better than T1/Bold9700 or it will be a big letdown. Not there is anything wrong with those BBs, it is just that to release a new version there needs to be some real advantages/upgrades/improvements.

Wi-Fi is a must, trackpad probably for sure, bigger memory should be there as well as a faster processor to seal the deal for most.
    02-24-10 11:22 AM
    it will probably be a 9700 with CDMA radio
    02-24-10 11:28 AM
    I wouldn't imagine it would have a higher device #, having a slower processor and all. I bet it stays as the 9650.
    02-24-10 11:30 AM
    Well, one way or the other, it needs to be right. The time for disappointment needs to be over, and move on to a better tomorrow.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-24-10 11:42 AM
    I bet this will finally be RIM's answer to the Motorola Q.
    02-24-10 11:43 AM
    it is not going to be better then a 9700...
    02-24-10 11:47 AM
    I just hope what ever this phone turns out to be that it actually meets people expectations and isn't flawed like many of RIM's phones. Tired of disappointments coming from RIM. This phone is either going to keep me buying RIM products or push me towards looking into some other competitors phones.

So come on RIM and give us a quality phone in a timely manner!
    02-24-10 11:54 AM
    it is not going to be better then a 9700...
    If it is not at least equal to the 9700, and does not have a faster processor than the 9630, it will be a huge letdown and not be a big seller. The longer the wait for the release date, the bigger the letdown if this is not a much better version of the 9630 and not just WiFi added and trackball replaced with trackpad. It will have to have more flash memory and a faster processor to consider upgrading.
    02-24-10 11:56 AM
    thats great to hear what Sal has to say on his Twitter page.. just wish he had Facebook since I dont use that twitter crap. lol

all the new Bold really needs is a better processor and it will be better then the 9700
    02-24-10 12:15 PM
    thats great to hear what Sal has to say on his Twitter page.. just wish he had Facebook since I dont use that twitter crap. lol

all the new Bold really needs is a better processor and it will be better then the 9700
    haha I signed up on twitter just so I could follow a few insiders who tend to know more then we do.
    02-24-10 12:26 PM
    haha I signed up on twitter just so I could follow a few insiders who tend to know more then we do.
    Hahaha so did I !! this phone and RIM has total control over us lol

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-24-10 12:30 PM
    I just hope what ever this phone turns out to be that it actually meets people expectations and isn't flawed like many of RIM's phones. Tired of disappointments coming from RIM. This phone is either going to keep me buying RIM products or push me towards looking into some other competitors phones.

So come on RIM and give us a quality phone in a timely manner!
    I agree. With Windows 7 coming out at the end of the year.. I am going to be giving it a look over. I love my BB but they release so many different phones all the time and they all see to have little flaws in them. Hate Apple but I must say that I like thier overal structure with the I phone. Make one device and make it as good as possible. I dont think that rim should ever just a make one device.... Because I myself like a real keyboard and somebody love the all touch screen. So thats alteast 2. But to have 20 something different devices that have different features and things is annoying.

It will take alot for me to swich but RIM hasnt come out with anything that blows me away at all in the last few years.

I am glad I bought the 8530 right when it came out because now I am only 9 months away from another upgrade and still no word on whats going on with this tour/bold phone.
    02-24-10 12:43 PM
    if this doesnt put the Bold 9700 to shame, RIM has failed VZW/Sprint and its customers.
    02-24-10 01:12 PM
94 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD