Brand new BB user here, and so far I love the thing (granted, I've only had it a day, but it really is an awesome little gadget). However, one thing that I can't figure out is how to view an incoming text message as soon as it comes in, without having to go into the folder to see it. I'm used to a cheapo prepaid phone, but it was nice in that as soon as a new text came in, it would ring to let me know, the screen would automatically light up, and it would display who the text was from. All I had to do was hit "View" and it would open the message. With the 8530, the phone will ring to let me know there's an incoming text, but the screen doesn't light up until I hit a key, and it doesn't show me any information until I go into the folder. I've monkeyed with the settings, and can't seem to figure this out. Is it something I'm doing wrong, or isn't there any way to change it? Any words of wisdom would be greatly appreciated!
    02-23-10 09:56 PM
    As far as I know you have to cllick on the folder and then view messages. I have had mine almost a month and have not found any other way to do it. I had a razr before I got this 8530 and I am happy with this but it takes some getting used to.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-23-10 10:04 PM
    you could look into aerize it pops up with your sms and shows you from who it is and displays the message. There are other ones but look in the crackberry app store
    02-23-10 10:26 PM
    Theres an app that automaticaly pops up emails and texts with out opening them.
    Its actually on Crackberrys homepage. Its called SmrtAlert...I think theres one called berry pop also.
    Last edited by Cyber Warrior; 02-23-10 at 10:28 PM.
    02-23-10 10:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD