I just got the phone, and did a full security wipe to reset it.

However, it's been painfully slow. Like all the actions register about 5 seconds after I click the button.

If in my email I try and respond to the message, it takes about 5 seconds for the popup menu to appear after pressing the 'blackberry', then about 5 seconds for a new email when I click compose.

I feel like it's picking up all my actions late. I have have my memory available (124 out of 256 available) so I don't know what's going on. Any tips?

I am not running any themes. I tried a few battery pulls also.
    Last edited by ali.fazal; 02-23-10 at 09:03 PM.
    02-23-10 08:41 PM
    Have you done a battery pull? That is pretty much the first thing you should do. Even if the memory is high
    02-23-10 08:44 PM
    Thats strange. I have tips on speeding up the phone from data collecting over time, but if you did a full reset it should run like brand new.
    02-23-10 08:45 PM
    You have anything running in the background? Probably not, but I thought I would bring up that possibility.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-23-10 08:49 PM
    If your phone is running like crap right after a wipe, I'd just have them swap it out...
    02-23-10 08:51 PM
    yea if you havent done anything to the phone after the wipe and its that slow, something might be wrong.
    02-23-10 08:53 PM
    I agree with them. You may just have a dud on your hands.

02-23-10 08:58 PM
    does the keyboard work the same way? I mean: press H, waiting 5 sec... press E, wait another 5 sec... etc...

if you your phone is very slow. If no it's not slow, it's probably an OS issue. In both case I would try to reinstall/upgrade the OS. May be try OS5 if you dont already have it. It speed up the phone a lot.

If after reintall a new OS, the phone is still slot, it's a hardware issue. You need to change the phone...
    02-23-10 09:00 PM
    I have a Curve 8520 and have like 5 themes, 3 games other than the default ones, opera mini, cb launcher, google maps, google app, and almost all the default stuff and weather bug and still have like 120,4 mb after a fresh battery pull. I do notice the hour glass every once in a while, mainly when I'm typing fast. It'll freeze for like 2 seconds and then like the las 3-4 letters will appear. I would suggest returning it. A new phone shouldn't run like that.

02-23-10 09:05 PM
    Exactly, a new phone should be running on its A game.
    02-23-10 09:08 PM
    The way I am reading your OP, it sounds like you bought this phone second hand, not from a cell provider? Hence the need for a security wipe? If so, You just might have the reason why the phone was sold. You might try doing a complete wipe with bbsak or jl commander and reloading the newest OS for your phone. If you did get this new, I would take it back in to the store you bought it from.
    02-24-10 09:19 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD