Blackberrycool is reporting the release of 3.0 for U.S.
    02-23-10 10:04 AM
    Nice. Checking it out now.
    02-23-10 10:23 AM
    Got it, looks great. I am a Premium subscriber, so I cannot speak for the rest of you who will lose the caching feature with this upgrade.

I can confirm, though, that AUTOSTANDBY once again sees Slacker to add as a disabled app.... that was driving me crazy before...
    02-23-10 10:54 AM
    well, I spoke too soon.... tried caching my stations via USB and get an error saying that some files are corrupted and I must run the application on the device to repair, but upon doing so, nothing happens... trying an uninstall/reinstall now
    02-23-10 11:05 AM
    Looks like you need an 85xx or higher device.
    02-23-10 12:27 PM
    Looks like you need an 85xx or higher device.
    Yeah.... that is a real bummer, you just have to stick with 2.X

I just hope I get this caching problem straightened out or else I will be downgrading to 2.X as well.
    02-23-10 12:39 PM
    Do the uninstall/reinstall, then completely wipe out any reference to Slacker on the media card. I ran across this a few times while upgrading the various versions.

I'm gonna hang on a few weeks to see what bugs, if any, show up... like that one. Let them figure it out, then I'll poach the info from here to make a smooth transition.
    02-23-10 01:29 PM
    OK, this is my first go at Slacker, but after reading the release RE: 3.0, I thought I'd like to try it, including the 7 trial of premium account.

As far as the app goes, there aren't a lot of options to configure, but I was wondering how the wireless caching works...

I was hoping I could set a particular time of day, but that doesn't seem to be an option. Does it just automatically do it at a particular time? Does it do the caching in the background, or will the screen light up and let me know it's about to do it?

I did a manual refresh of my cached stations (only 1 right now, just to test it out), and it took quite a while to finish (15-20 minutes). Is this normal, or does it only take the long the first time it caches a station?

Thanks to anyone to answer...I was just curious.
    02-23-10 02:33 PM
    first time caching will take a while, it downloads a full 100 songs or something like that, after that, every time it syncs it will only refresh the amount of music that you have listened to since it synced last.
    02-23-10 02:45 PM
    OK, this is my first go at Slacker, but after reading the release RE: 3.0, I thought I'd like to try it, including the 7 trial of premium account.

As far as the app goes, there aren't a lot of options to configure, but I was wondering how the wireless caching works...

I was hoping I could set a particular time of day, but that doesn't seem to be an option. Does it just automatically do it at a particular time? Does it do the caching in the background, or will the screen light up and let me know it's about to do it?

I did a manual refresh of my cached stations (only 1 right now, just to test it out), and it took quite a while to finish (15-20 minutes). Is this normal, or does it only take the long the first time it caches a station?

Thanks to anyone to answer...I was just curious.
    It took about an hour the to cache one station the last time I tried it (I didn't have the best signal though). It's been 39 days since I've refreshed my cached stations (OTA). I'm refreshing now and I'll report back with the total time it takes to complete.

Result: Took me 29 minutes to refresh one station (much better signal this time)
    Last edited by gregschraw; 02-23-10 at 03:30 PM. Reason: Update
    02-23-10 03:05 PM
    Cool...good to know, thanks everyone.

Will this version (3.0) cache automatically, or will I have to initiate it manually each time? I thought I read it does it automatically?
    02-23-10 03:57 PM
    Unfortunately, it just sits at Testing Connections or something like that. Been there for an hour.
    02-23-10 07:47 PM
    Unfortunately, it just sits at Testing Connections or something like that. Been there for an hour.

Although if I pull out my SD card it will start.
    02-24-10 08:30 AM
    I uninstalled, deleted all the references on the SD cad, then re-installed. Still stuck on the Testing Connections message for a bit. Then got a white screen, prompted for login, now getting Signing In / Registering Player alternating with tons of Network Activity showing on the data errors. I'll let it go for a while. I didn't really cach anything but it has to be related to that.
    02-24-10 09:19 AM
    I've let it sit for a really long time. Still no progress.
    02-24-10 10:42 AM
    Cool...good to know, thanks everyone.

Will this version (3.0) cache automatically, or will I have to initiate it manually each time? I thought I read it does it automatically?
    By default, I think it is set to automatically refresh. You can turn off the auto refresh so it will only update manually. If auto refresh is turned on, it will only update if your device is connected to a power source. I'm not sure what time it starts refreshing (I refresh manually) but one of my complaints is that you can't set it for a specific time.

Also, to those having issues�there was an update released yesterday after the initial release, so I would make sure you have version 3.0.452.
    02-24-10 11:01 AM
    From the Slacker forum:
    "The application uses a formula to determine the exact time your phone will wake up and auto refresh. It'll be different for each phone potentially. The window that this will happen is between 2am-5am. We do this so that both the carriers networks wouldn't get overloaded, as well as our caching servers. To help spread out the times, so that we don't have 100% of all caching phones auto sync at the same time."

And for the USB caching problem:
    "This has been resolved.

Please uninstall 3.0.452 of the application and reinstall the latest application from our website, which has been updated with 3.0.453. This version will resolve the USB Refreshing issue many of you have been running into."
    02-24-10 02:34 PM
    Okay, so after a few days of testing this new release, I am IMPRESSED..... App is working great on my Tour, and I have selected to automatically refresh my stations, and it works excellent. The app does NOT need to be left open in the background either. Every night it has updated my cached stations without a problem, can it get any better than that?? I don't even need to plug into the PC anymore. I did, however, do the initial cache operation via USB just because I knew it would take forever OTA.....
    03-01-10 12:14 AM
    Can't get the OTA refresh to work at all- manual OR Automatic. It fails to start. WiFi is ON and connected fine. But it does tell me it's been 14669 days since I last refreshed... I think that might be an error. The wired refresh using USB works fine. Still waiting on any replies from the Slacker Support Forum.
    03-01-10 11:15 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD