iv had a tour since launch and ill be honest im on my second one but i have no reason to hate verizon and rim and all these other people since 5.0 hasnt came out for it or wifi or the track pad. i mean heres the thing i love my phone but i still may get the bold or whatever the new one is called not because of hating my phone but because i love blackberries so much that i want the latest and greatest. (with keyboard) i know this post wont make some people too happy by seeing their posts but not all of us hate the tour i sure dont.
    02-23-10 08:13 AM
    I love my tour also. I think we should start a support group. Ta tours annonymous. Hi my name is chris and i love my original tour.

Im not all hyped on wifi, it would be cool to have the track pad. But im good with what i have. Now dont get me wrong if i could i would deffinatley get the new "tour" whatever they decide to call it, it will always be the tour 2 to me. Espescially now that 5.0 was released by sprint. It feels like a brand new phone again. Yeah the os has its issues but which one dosent.

That being said. Congrats on loving your tour.

Cause i do too.
    02-23-10 08:26 AM
    I don't love my tour, I like it a lot but then again I wouldn't love any phone lol. Anyway I don't care what they call the new tour or bold as I won't be getting one unless my current tour craps out. Even when I'm up for an upgrade I won't get a new phone unless this one isn't working right.

What I am afraid of is that the tour will be left behind in OS etc. I've been starting to think if they discontinue the tour line then maybe I have a unique phone that will be sought after in the future lol.
    02-23-10 08:42 AM
    Hey I also share mad love for the Tour!!! I just got it last week. It's quite a gem, I found it on Ebay. It is my 5th BB to be exact. It all started with a Pearl about a year and a half ago. Then I went through 3 Curves, which I still have the last one as a spare. My Tour is soooo much better than Curve!!!! So much more memory, way nicer camera, and I love the way things on the homescreen can be organized into folders. It's also waaay sexier than any of my previous BB's IMO. I had looked at the Curve 8530, but I wanted something that was a bit more luxurious than the 8330, and the 8530 just isn't it IMO. Yes it has the trackpad and WiFi, but seems somewhat cheap. And I have seen how p*ssed people are over the Tour2/Bold coming out so soon and the name change scandal. But I really don't get it. A phone is just like a TV, or gaming system, or stereo. There will always be an updated version right around the corner. Maybe it will have a similar name, and maybe not. People just need to deal with it and move on. And I already know, whatever this thing is going to be named, it will be my next Blackberry.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-23-10 08:46 AM
    i mean heres the things theres been 3 iphones so far and a 4th on its way. and most of every update to their software the user must pay (atleast its this way for ipod touch's) and iphone users keep buying the new phone every time a new one comes out and they never ***** they get amped up and stand outside for 2 days waiting. why arent rim people the same. its not like apple is giving the new verison of the iphone away to people who just bought the older one. they have came out with a new iphone every year since the iphone came out and people just get excited and can not wait to get one. people really got to realize its just a phone. i rely on mine every day since i am a bussiness owner and email is extreamly important just like im sure alot of you. but at the end of the day its a phone
    02-23-10 09:26 AM
    Hi my name is Kim and I LOVE my Tour!! I have not had a single problem with it since I purchased it in September ...
    02-23-10 09:28 AM
    The tour is a pretty nice phone and thats why I switched back from my droid. The tour just feels better in my hands and the keyboard is perfect. If RIM does change the name to Bold then I think it might **** more people off when they realize its just a tour with wifi and trackpad. Overall its a good phone and I havent had one problem.
    02-23-10 09:49 AM
    I found this thread and saw that I too am a tour lover - Hi my name is Sharon & I love my Tour. I upgraded from the Pearl back in August and got my 2nd around late Sept. Since then I have been in love w/BB.

And since the Kindle App has come to BB, I am in absoulet Heaven.

iPhone who??????
    02-23-10 10:47 AM
    I love my tour, I agree its like any thing else there's all ways gunna be a upgrade around the conorer. I perisonly would like the wifi but not to sure about the trackpad I havint had any problims with my ball I love it. But then again I havint played with a bb with the trackpad eather. I loved my curv 8330 untell I got my tour witch there is just no compairson haha!

02-23-10 11:22 AM
    My tour has been great since day 1. I love it, no problems. I don't know what people are complaining about.
    02-23-10 11:28 AM
    I love my tour. Best Blackberry I ever had! I'm on my second one(I tried to change the bezel on my first one and I broke it, so I ask a remplacement). I'm always running the latest OS availlable and since 5.0 came out, it's magic!

Can't wait for the T2 to have something better. But with the 9700 availlable from telus too, I dont think Telus will handle it. I will go for the Bold in this case

02-23-10 11:38 AM
    I just got my Tour a couple weeks ago. This is a great device.
    02-23-10 12:01 PM
    Same feelings here.... no problems with my Tour since Oct. and really enjoying it after playing around with hybrids. If/when the new version comes out, I will probably get one, not that I really do not like this phone, but because I am always one to try something new and I like the way the touch pads perform.
    02-23-10 12:32 PM
    I just migrated from my Storm (1) to my Tour and the Tour ROCKS bigtime. I thought I would not get used to it as fast as I did and I sure am glad that it is the Tour that I had selected to replace my trusty Storm with.
    02-23-10 12:34 PM
    Hi My name is Judi and I am a Tour addict. I have no complaints about my BB. It is awesome. I still am running the 4.7 and it is working ok. Waiting patiently for Verizon to release the 5.0 but it is working just fine. Only issue I had was the trackball and the replacement is just perfect. I am used to the trackball. I don't care what they name the next BB . I am fine with my Tour and won't be replacing it till my upgrade next yr. I am sure it will be fine till then and even after. I am not brutal with my devices.
    02-23-10 12:35 PM
    I just upgraded my nextel i8350 to the tour. i can't wait to get it. I hope the tour doesn't have the text issues that the nextel curve did. i love the phone and the idea, just wish they'd have it on a better network. i can't tell you how many times i sent texts and they've never gotten them or they sent them to me and I've never gotten them.
    02-23-10 12:44 PM
    i confess... i'm lub my BBTOUR! we got a lub affair going on...
    02-23-10 01:05 PM
    i love this phone too.. by far the best blackberry i've used. maybe when the new one comes out it'll be replaced but def not forgotten.
    02-23-10 01:34 PM
    I love it as well. Solid phone compared to my BB8830. I also have the Bold 9700 and to be honest, its too 'small' for my hands PLUS the edge of the P and Q is left unprotected and can be lifted and damaged.

The pad is nice but who cares. Its not that big a deal unless your thumb is always coated with crap.

Wifi is a plus BUT I dont care. Data plan is unlimited so who gives a care.

Only get the BOLD if you dont have a good data plan.
    02-23-10 03:11 PM
    and thats another think i mean unless im really missing something why are people stressing over wifi when you can get wifi in a ton of places and we pay such a high monthly payment for unlimited data usage that works everywhere why not just use that. i do
    02-23-10 03:21 PM
    I also love my Tour very much. Switched out my Storm2 for it, and it just feels so much better. Haven't had one problem with it in almost two months of use. Would wifi be nice? Of course, but on Big Red's network, its not really a big deal. Would be nice to have for when I fly, but that's what a laptop is for. I am soooo glad the I got my Tour, and I wouldn't give it up.

02-23-10 05:33 PM
    (1) RIM needs a browser.
    (2) The OS limitations are going to take a while to address.

As far as hardware, the Tour is very good.

Until RIM breaks thru with a faster processor, memory, browser, or OS... The biggest diff between devices right now is form factor.

02-23-10 08:03 PM
    I like my Tour a lot. I've had it for about 2 months now and it has done everything I've wanted it to. Battery had some kind of burn in time but it lasts all day for me now even with surfing and music use. The only issue I have ever had was the camera zoom stopped working, which was corrected by a battery pull. I have not had any of the issues listed on other threads, so I can proudly say that I will be a BB user from now on.
    02-24-10 07:41 AM
    I absolutely love this phone! I agree with the OP.
    02-24-10 08:48 AM
    I love my tour also. I think we should start a support group. Ta tours annonymous. Hi my name is chris and i love my original tour.

Im not all hyped on wifi, it would be cool to have the track pad. But im good with what i have. Now dont get me wrong if i could i would deffinatley get the new "tour" whatever they decide to call it, it will always be the tour 2 to me. Espescially now that 5.0 was released by sprint. It feels like a brand new phone again. Yeah the os has its issues but which one dosent.

That being said. Congrats on loving your tour.

Cause i do too.
    Sign me up for TA. I love my Tour as well and I haven't had any problems that were caused by the phone. No trackball issues at all!
    02-24-10 09:01 AM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD