Ok, so I love Ford's synch. I have a 2005 Ford Five Hundred that is my mileage car (130k and going strong). I'm not buying a new ride anytime soon and wanted to invest in a good aftermarket double din radio setup that would allow bluetooth connectivity with my Tour.

I bought the brand new Pioneer AVH-P3200BT that I saw at CES this year. The device is slick in every way, awesome unit for the price.

I did the install, everything working, except the Tour only pairs as a phone. The radio is supposed to be AD2P compatible but the Tour (or my wife's 8350) will not connect for audio support.

Now, I'm contemplating taking it all apart and sending back to Crutchfield (not a lot of help btw) and starting over.

So my question to the forum - if you have a tour and stream music to a receiver in-car, what manufacturer/model do you have?

I think its insane that $29 bluetooth headphones, or the BB Bluetooth gateway, or the Jabra speakerphone all connect as audio devices, yet a brand new 'state of the art' av receiver can't.
    02-22-10 02:20 PM
    I've got the Pioneer Premier 710BT and it streams my music via bluetooth from my phone AND.... found out the other day by trial and error that it will also stream Pandora radio over bluetooth too. But you have to go into the settings on Pandora and change the bluetooth to enabled bc it come disabled by default.
    02-22-10 07:54 PM
    just for grins and giggles i would contact Pioneer before you take anything apart...i would think they would know about this
    02-22-10 09:24 PM
    Yes - I've used it to stream slacker on Sync, but for whatever reason this head unit will only connect as phone. It'd be nice to have my slacker, telenav and IHeartRadio all playing over the receiver.

Pioneer told me "it's the BlackBerry, some work, some don't" of course they could not tell me which ones and then told me their bluetooth compatibility chart is 2.5 years old with no plans on updating.

My whole thing is, you say it supports A2DP, well, the Tour supports A2DP, it should work. For now, I'm digging around some more, no sense in tearing it out until I find a replacement that will do what its supposed to do.

The AVH-3200BT is a nice rig though - you can upgrade it to Navigation (xm/sirius/hd radio as well).
    02-22-10 09:45 PM
    Hate to break it to you, but I as well bought the receiver believing it would work for my droid to stream pandora over bluetooth. I called pioneer tech support, they told me they don't have a model to test and find out why it isn't working and that this model should support a2dp. What type of tech support is that. Now I also emailed them and they responded by saying that the bluetooth module inside in avh-3200bt only supports hands-free and phone book support which is ********. Why two different answers? They also said the only way to stream audio would be to buy their bluetooth adapter cd-btb200 which runs $130 on some websites.. I love the radio and all of the advancements it took, but pioneer is in it for the money, of course they ain't going to give us full bluetooth without buying the additional adapter.
    So from what I see is that this model probably won't support a2dp unless they roll out some firmware, which I really doubt Because I don't see any updates for their older Avh models, and were limited to either returning it or buying the adapter. Oh and crutchfield did say it allowed a2dp streaming, but I just checked their website, and they omitted that segment already. It your decision ultimately. Im gonna keep mine, even though the lack of a2dp, it delivers some awesome audio, and has a great interface. I'll most likely just end up buying the adapter.
    02-24-10 07:50 PM
    I have the JVC KW-AVX820 and it works great. Here is a video showing it's features. I bought mine off Amazon.

02-24-10 08:45 PM
    I know this thread is about bluetooth connectivity, but has anyone tried to connect the phone to the AVH3200BT via USB? I'm curious if it would allow some functionality. I am thinking about buying this particular radio and if I can use the media files and better yet some apps via USB I wouldn't be to bothered by the lack of A2DP. Especially if the phone could charge off of the radio as well.
    04-09-10 09:33 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD