Hello everyone,

First let me say I am new to this forum and to being a BB owner. I have been looking like crazy but just can't seem to find a face outward swivel holster for my Storm2 9550. Would really like to go as slim as possible, if there even is such a thing. Great site and looking forward to learning much more about my new phone from this forum.
    02-22-10 12:06 PM
    why facing outword? they have several that face inward
    02-22-10 12:26 PM
    why facing outword? they have several that face inward
    I am coming from an LG Dare that was face outward in the holster. I liked the convenience of just looking down to see the info and not having to take the phone from the holster when I want to use it.
    02-22-10 12:30 PM
    Upon looking further I do see that there are cases available that slide into a holster and these are face inward. Along with my original question does anyone know if one particular combo like this is thinner than any other?
    02-22-10 12:34 PM
    I have the Body Glove Case with clip, and it faces outward.
    02-22-10 01:51 PM
    They usually face inwards to protect the large glass screen and with at least mine, it has a sleeper magnet to put the display to sleep.
    02-22-10 01:59 PM
    I've only seen two outward facing holsters but it was really hard to read the screen because they were both cracked. hehe.
    02-22-10 05:47 PM
    I have the Body Glove Case with clip, and it faces outward.
    I have this on my device as well, i like that it can swivel and also go into a case! Fits the device great too.
    02-22-10 06:10 PM
    the speck smoked case comes with a holster and a hard case which can face either in or out
    02-22-10 06:50 PM
    the speck smoked case comes with a holster and a hard case which can face either in or out
    Thanks, I will check into that.
    02-23-10 08:22 AM
    If you google "Blackberry Storm 2 face out holster" you will find them...I just ordered one today
    02-23-10 11:56 AM
    i've only seen two outward facing holsters but it was really hard to read the screen because they were both cracked. Hehe.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-23-10 12:02 PM
    Verizon offers this case. You can have it face outward or inward. I have it. And it's pretty good.

http://cache.vzw.com/images_b2c/acce...r_rear_cov.png
    02-23-10 12:03 PM
    I am coming from an LG Dare that was face outward in the holster. I liked the convenience of just looking down to see the info and not having to take the phone from the holster when I want to use it.
    I would recommend setting your notifications to vibrate at different intervals/lengths instead of having the screen facing outward. To much bad stuff can happen to an exposed screen.

If you take the time to set this up, you will know exactly what is happening without having to look at your device.
    02-23-10 01:35 PM
    the pic shows the wrong storm
    Trust me, it works. I have a Storm 2 and have this holster.
    02-23-10 02:08 PM
    Trust me, it works. I have a Storm 2 and have this holster.
    2nd this. I use this case/holster on my Storm2.

I love how everyone is concerned about why he wants it and feels the need to talk him out of it. He wasn't looking for advice, he just wanted to know if anyone knew where to get one. I'm sure he's well aware that his phone has a very large screen.

I'm highly interested in outward facing holsters as well. I stopped looking after picking up the one at the VZW store. It works great, it's just not as smooth in/out facing outward. Other options would be great.
    02-23-10 02:40 PM
    2nd this. I use this case/holster on my Storm2.

I love how everyone is concerned about why he wants it and feels the need to talk him out of it. He wasn't looking for advice, he just wanted to know if anyone knew where to get one. I'm sure he's well aware that his phone has a very large screen.

I'm highly interested in outward facing holsters as well. I stopped looking after picking up the one at the VZW store. It works great, it's just not as smooth in/out facing outward. Other options would be great.
    The reason he gave for wanting a outward facing holster was becuase he was coming from the LG Dare. So it would totally normal for people to suggest other options if he's new to Blackberry and unaware of the highly customizable notifcation system.
    02-23-10 02:49 PM
    The reason he gave for wanting a outward facing holster was becuase he was coming from the LG Dare. So it would totally normal for people to suggest other options if he's new to Blackberry and unaware of the highly customizable notifcation system.
    A highly customizable notification system has nothing to do with not having to remove the phone from a holster to access it.
    02-23-10 04:18 PM
    Thanks guys for all your help. I took the suggestion and googled exactly what I was looking for and found it. Also wanted to say thanks for the suggestions about customizing this phone per incoming info. Didn't think of that, still learning this device.
    02-24-10 06:59 AM
    Verizon offers this case. You can have it face outward or inward. I have it. And it's pretty good.

http://cache.vzw.com/images_b2c/acce...r_rear_cov.png
    I have this case for the storm 2. And it cannot face outward! Sure, you can force it, but it does not line up correctly or securely facing outward
    02-24-10 07:34 AM
    I agree with the above post, I use this case and while I can be faced outward...it doesn't seem like a great idea. It must be forced and then when you use it correctly again it felt too loose until it contracted properly again.
    02-24-10 09:51 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD