How do I swap batteries in a Tour without rebooting the phone?

I've tried the obvious - turning the power "off" using the software off button.

I'm sure that I'm overlooking something quite obvious but I can't figure it out for the life of me.

Go ahead - make me feel stupid.
    02-22-10 08:50 AM
    as far as i know your not asking something stupid, because i dont think there is a way for the phone not to reset if your doing a battery pull. But if the phone resets, nothign bad is going to happen. Especially if your running one of dripthers hybrids your phone is going to start up in a flash
    02-22-10 09:07 AM
    Thanks - now I don't feel like a total *****.
    02-22-10 09:15 AM
    Why would you think you could pull the battery out without requiring a reboot? Battery = power.
    02-22-10 09:18 AM
    Why would you think you could pull the battery out without requiring a reboot? Battery = power.
    Simple - for example to replace a low battery with a freshly recharged one. Most computers and phones have a hardwired on off button. With the computer (or phone) "off" I can swap batteries to my hearts delight without rebooting the system.
    02-22-10 09:27 AM
    Simple - for example to replace a low battery with a freshly recharged one. Most computers and phones have a hardwired on off button. With the computer (or phone) "off" I can swap batteries to my hearts delight without rebooting the system.
    I assume you mean your laptop...and that's because you have an AC plug connected to it. Try doing it without the AC power and you're in for a treat.
    02-22-10 09:47 AM
    I assume you mean your laptop...and that's because you have an AC plug connected to it. Try doing it without the AC power and you're in for a treat.
    Absolutely, totally incorrect.

I can power down my laptop by putting it into standby/hibernate and swap batteries without the computer fully rebooting.

You inadvertently brought up an interesting point though - will the Tour reboot if the battery is pulled/replaced while the phone is connected to a charger?
    02-22-10 10:06 AM
    Yeah, it will. Tried it.
    02-22-10 10:07 AM
    think of it has a human brain, if u take out a brain to put in another ur gonna kill the human.
    02-22-10 10:16 AM
    On some older phones u could plug in a charger, providing the phone with power and swap the batts. You can not do this on the blackberry..
    02-22-10 10:30 AM
    Absolutely, totally incorrect.

I can power down my laptop by putting it into standby/hibernate and swap batteries without the computer fully rebooting.

You inadvertently brought up an interesting point though - will the Tour reboot if the battery is pulled/replaced while the phone is connected to a charger?
    On my dell I can plug in the ac power and yank the batt with no problems at all..
    02-22-10 10:48 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD