hi everybody. I am thinking about upgrading to the Tour, and just want to get some feedback from other csouthers. Do you have one and do you like it? are there any issues with it? Thanks!
    02-21-10 11:17 PM
    i like it. its the same for me as the pearl and I am wanting to trade it out for something else, however no one wants to do that. other than i clean the track ball every other day it is a solid phone. It does everything i ask it to and the media player is louder than other devices that I have. you might want to wait for the tour 2 to come out.

I think I am going to try the droid if i get my hands on one.

ask me a specific question and i will give you a specific answer
    02-21-10 11:22 PM
    I've had mine for about 3 months and have had no problems. I had a pearl and loved it but had it running out of memory and rebooting 3 or 4 times a day. Tour has been great for me and have had no trackball problems. Just waiting for CS to release an official 5.0
    02-22-10 07:32 AM
    Love my Tour, wished I had a Tour 2 or Bold or whatever RIM is calling the next but, oh well, still can't complain.
    02-22-10 07:43 PM
    very nice phone, go for it!
    02-22-10 07:47 PM
    u wont be disappointed!
    02-22-10 07:58 PM
    Have any of you CellSouth Tour users experienced worse signal quality from the phone? Looking at the CellSouth website, there's only 11% of people upset with the phone, but darn near all of them say they're having a lot of dropped calls, and the signal strength is horrid.
    04-16-10 04:35 PM
    Great device, but battery life is terrible. And, when you do change out a battery for a new one, or simply do a battery pull, it takes forever to reboot.
    According to CS store in Ridgeland, you should only have 2 or 3 apps downloaded. Seems like a pretty flimsy explanation.

But, on the whole, a great device, just incredibly inconvenient at times.
    04-26-10 11:49 AM
    Great device, but battery life is terrible. And, when you do change out a battery for a new one, or simply do a battery pull, it takes forever to reboot.
    According to CS store in Ridgeland, you should only have 2 or 3 apps downloaded. Seems like a pretty flimsy explanation.

But, on the whole, a great device, just incredibly inconvenient at times.
    1. canned responses like that gives Blackberry a bad name. i know you're not lying because at one point, they had that crap on the csouth website

2. that's the dumbest thing i've ever heard. "you have 256mb on board memory, but you should only use 5 of that for 2-3 apps. " lol shame on those that care not to expand their knowledge of Blackberry devices eventhough they work for a carrier who sells them

now to be serious (lol), the battery life and quality is a result of the 4.7OS in my opinion. granted there isn't a 5.0 release from cellular south but the 5.0.0.591 release/leak from Verizon hasn't been bad at all. so far all upper 5.0 releases have the annoying bug that causes you to have to click a browser link 2-3 times before it takes but hey it beats sucky battery and pour coverage.

the forever rebooting is exactly what it is...the forever reboot. the more apps, the longer period between reboots, both contribute to that. but honestly, if it works out or prevents any gremlins during my day, i don't mind the wait. i typically wake up, roll over, 3 finger reboot, get out of bed and start my day. by the time im done brushing my teeth, it's done rebooting. TMI i know, but i was giving an example here,
    Last edited by mscooley; 04-29-10 at 09:03 AM.
    04-29-10 08:59 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD