whats everyone getting for average battery life? 10 hours? 2 days? etc..
    02-21-10 10:28 AM
    With wifi and GPS on all the time, and moderate use, I am at about 50% when I go to bed and put it on the charger. It comes off the charger at about 7:30AM and goes back on at about 10:30PM. Battery life, for me, is a complete non-issue.

That all said, I have been able to squeak out 2 days, but that's a stretch.
    02-21-10 10:55 AM
    Hmm... I charge mine overnight and sync Viigo almost exactly @ 6:45 AM. After that it's light web surfing and news reading. I get ready for school and hurry to catch my train... once there I play some games like Word Mole or BrickBreaker. The trip takes about 10 minutes. I'm off to school. While walking I sometimes listen to music with my headphones, probably 10~15 minutes long. I'm at the school and my first class is about to start. I use my BlackBerry to check my calendar and tasks and see where my class is about to begin. In class as always I'm bored to death so I pull out my BlackBerry whenever the teacher is not watching. This goes on for 3~4 hours. It's recess now. I hang out with my friends and surf the Web at the same time. Sometimes I download apps to try out and show off . A few more classes to survive and I'm good to go home. I stay at school to do some homework and use my BlackBerry for accessing Wikipedia and doing distracting stuff at the same time. I'm getting ready to go home and it's about 4:00 PM. So when I hurry to my train and get home it's about 4:30 PM. My battery went down from a full 100% charge to around 35%. Sometimes it's 25%, as I leave WiFi all the time on and depending on where I am in school the WiFi signal can get weak and so consume more battery when the BlackBerry is looking for hotspots.

Quite often I can manage the rest of the day after school with the ~30% charge that is left. However almost always right before I want to sleep my battery is down to the level where it is just about to say "Low Battery" and turn off the radio. Actually, happens almost daily.

Occasionally I am not in the mood to touch my phone and play around with it so I can manage to have even up to 60% battery life when getting back home from school. In short I can manage 10 hours very well even with heavy usage.
    02-21-10 11:00 AM
    When I get home I have about 30% left on my battery

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-21-10 11:13 AM
    Mine hasn't been very good... mine has been 10 hours from full to dead.
    02-21-10 11:24 AM
    Usually my S2's pattern has been, off charger at 630am, needs a charge about 230-3pm and then sometimes again at 8pm. Then I plug it in for a charge overnight to top it off. There are days that I dont have to plug in till 5pm, but it also depends on what I'm doing that day and how much I use it or not.
    02-21-10 11:29 AM
    GPS: on
    WiFi: off
    Bluetooth: off

Heavy browser use.
    I handle about 50+ emails (Gmail IMAP) a day.
    About 30 minutes of phone use.

14 hours and about 30% remaining.

Eddie WX6Y
    02-21-10 11:37 AM
    I still just can't believe that RIM would release a product that seems to require a charge by mid-afternoon for a lot of users (me included). Why is the battery drain on this device so awful?
    02-21-10 11:54 AM
    Battery life is good for me. I get about a full day worth out of mine, with heavy usage. (texting,web,phone calls, etc.) Goes on the charger at roughly midnight, and off the charger at 6am. I have lasted 3 days on some occasions with minimal use.
    02-21-10 12:15 PM
    I still just can't believe that RIM would release a product that seems to require a charge by mid-afternoon for a lot of users (me included). Why is the battery drain on this device so awful?
    The screen is big and the battery is small. Add in GPS, BT, etc...
    At least it has better battery life than other similar devices AND the batt is user replaceable so you can carry a spare.

02-21-10 01:39 PM
    Mine seems to last the better part of the day without charging unless I'm streaming radio from flycast or pandora. That seems to eat a lot batter charge.
    02-21-10 01:46 PM
    The screen is big and the battery is small. Add in GPS, BT, etc...
    At least it has better battery life than other similar devices AND the batt is user replaceable so you can carry a spare.

correct! also RIM couldnt test extensively all the different apps that people would have, most were not written at the time of development. Some people can easily get a 1.5-2 days on a charge. I can get 24 hours if on wifi at home. Work data reception sucks and no wifi so the battery drains much faster there.
    02-21-10 02:00 PM
    I get 36 - 48 hours.

02-21-10 03:20 PM
    if you get around 12 hours of battery life erase bbm and re install it. I found a huge battery drain when i upgraded bbm over my old version. Always erase before installing programs!
    02-21-10 03:36 PM
    I'm off the charger at 7:45am during the week and I'm usually back on around 11pm. Pretty decent but that's with mild to medium usage. My campus is in a kinda dead spot for cell users though being its at the top of a hill. During the weekends though, I have to carry a spare battery or I have to plug in by early evening.
    02-21-10 03:36 PM
    I get 36 - 48 hours.

What kind of God Mode is your BlackBerry in?
    02-21-10 03:39 PM
    if you get around 12 hours of battery life erase bbm and re install it. I found a huge battery drain when i upgraded bbm over my old version. Always erase before installing programs!
    Just did this so we will see if it works. Thanks for the input since mine is off the charger about 730am and back on at 10-11pm with about 20-40% on what I do that day. Turning off wifi should help when I am not using it too. . .
    02-21-10 06:55 PM
    36-48 hours yeah if you never use it

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    02-21-10 08:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD