works fine but after a few seconds of usage makes a creaking (as if it had been clicked) noise, almost as if a little pressure has been applied to it.

is this normal? has anyone else come across it?
    02-20-10 10:45 AM
    Mine will make some noise if I put pressure on it as I scroll. I find if iI put less pressure on it the sound goes away. The trackpad does have some wiggle to it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-20-10 11:16 AM
    wonder what others experiences are?
    02-20-10 01:35 PM
    In options under screen/keyboard there is an option to turn off the audible roll from click to mute.
    02-20-10 01:44 PM
    It is not that noise. The trackpad itself is noisy. It is difficult to describe the noise.
    02-20-10 01:46 PM
    Sorry just a thought. When I see Newbie . . . . well good luck!
    02-20-10 01:51 PM
    Mine creaks as well...this is a known "issue" ..its not a big deal for me....

I recommend making your trackpad sensitivity just a bit more, so you won't have to apply more pressure to it when scrolling .
    02-20-10 02:44 PM
    where is yours made?
    02-20-10 02:47 PM
    I just returned my 3 week old 9700 for a trackpad that stopped clicking towards the top half of the trackpad. This new berry, the T key is spongey and doesn't have the same click as the rest of the keys....WTF. I didn't think of testing every friggin key in the store. What a waste of time. Now I've gotta go back again and exchange this one too. Lesson learned here. These 9700's have to really be checked out. This last one is Mexican made

02-20-10 02:58 PM
    lots of issues with 9700 made in mexico.
    02-20-10 05:20 PM
    Imagine that. More 9700 complaints.

This device is a fail folks.

A scam to suck $ from unsuspecting 8900 peeps into the 3G fake speed scam of the century.

02-20-10 05:56 PM
    ^^Salty much?
    02-20-10 06:07 PM
    Nah, most don't complain about that. I'm pretty fresh, thanks.

02-20-10 06:15 PM
    where is yours made?
    Don't even think about starting this dreadful discussion again.
    Proven fact is, BlackBerries from all manufacturing countries have problems, so don't blame it on the individual country. It's luck of the draw, and nothing else.

You basically have two options:

1. Return it.
    2. Fix it. Plenty of instructions on the forums, just search for them.
    02-21-10 12:35 AM
    Imagine that. More 9700 complaints.

This device is a fail folks.

A scam to suck $ from unsuspecting 8900 peeps into the 3G fake speed scam of the century.

Hate to spoil the party but the VAST MAJORITY of the 9700 users are very happy. Before you go trashing you must understand the complainers are always the loudest. I have had almost every Blackbery they have made and the 9700 features are the best. The quality control could be better but then again you go some that are looking so closely and if their keyboard feels a little "spongy" (lol) they FREAK OUT!

These are only phones and were not manufatored to last a lifetime. If they were everyone would be ******** about how much they cost. In as few a 6-8 months most will fall out of this intense love for their 9700 and be looking forward to the new pretty face.
    02-21-10 06:24 AM
    oh, lordy....here we go with the 9700-is-a-fail-and-3G-is-a-scam-and-all-9700-users-are-robotic-fanboys-who-eat-puppies-for-breakfast litany....
    02-21-10 07:41 AM
    oh, lordy....here we go with the 9700-is-a-fail-and-3G-is-a-scam-and-all-9700-users-are-robotic-fanboys-who-eat-puppies-for-breakfast litany....
    Yeah I totally agree. I always think that the reason the 8900 users don't like the 9700 is because they don't or cant get one. But alas, we know we're top of the tree.
    02-21-10 07:55 AM
    Actually, the vast majority of 8900 users love their devices and are very happy, as much as we are with the 9700. It's a select few who find the need to go on some self-appointed mission and who now seem to be saying that RIM is engaging in a vast conspiracy, trying to force 8900s to get 9700s needlessly.
    It puts 8900 owners in a very bad light, making them look as if they can't think for themselves and would be swayed by some huge company telling them what to do. That kind of thinking shows very little respect for 8900 owners' intelligence.

The great thing about RIM is that we have many different devices, with many different options to choose as we will. And if people want to go to other platforms, it is their absolute prerogative. I keep sounding like a broken record, but to each his own.

I love my device, I'm thrilled with it. My husband prefers the 9000, he's thrilled with it. My Mum won't give up her 8310, she's thrilled with it. Who is anyone to tell any of us that we're wrong in what we find works for us?!?!

Oh, I forgot! My sister in law just got a Curve from Verizon and my nephew got a Tour. I just got my mother in law her own 9000 because she likes my husband's keyboard. At family dinners we all start acting like a bunch of geeks comparing apps, etc, and enjoying each others' features. I think my immediate family illustrates how RIM suits each person differently.
    Last edited by Qbnkelt; 02-21-10 at 08:19 AM.
    02-21-10 08:10 AM
    I just upgraded in December from an 8900 to a 9700. I loved my 8900 and had no complaints about it. I just "wanted" a 9700 because my wife upgraded from an 8800, which she loved, to a 8520 with the trackpad and after using her 8520 I wanted a Blackberry with a trackpad.

In order for any company to stay in business they have to constantly provide newer and better products and services. RIM is no different. They must continue to produce new models of the Blackberry. There is no conspiracy going on. If you don't want a 9700 don't get one.

Also......every device will have some small issue or fault. These devices are manufactured and there will always be some little glitch in the manufacturing process so all the whiners need to get over it.

And I would love it if people started using these forums for the reason they were created in the first place. This is not a spot to post your complaints. If you want to do that then go start a blog. These forums were meant to exchange ideas, apps, wallpapers, themes, discuss the Blackberry device........ect. It is meant to see if someone else has had the same issue that you are having with your device and possibly find a fix.
    02-21-10 10:01 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD