This is the 2nd time it happened. Device re-starts by itself and about 3/4 of the boot process, a JVM error pops up (white screen with error messages) and again re-boots itself.

First time it happened I was able to wipe and reload the OS after several tries. Today, it happened again. I reloaded the OS and when loader says loading operation was successful and when the device is about 3/4 in the boot process the JVM error pops up again then re-boots by itself.

I have used BBSAK and the "loader.exe /nojvm" switch but still the same problem. It rebooted fine twice but after each batt pull, the jvm error appears.

Have tried OS .428 and 451 and 2 PCs. Still the same problem. Can somebody please assist! Thanks!!!
    02-20-10 06:58 AM
    I was able to load the OS via BB DM (not via loader.exe). I chose OS .320 (the other choice is .451 but DM says it cannot find the files).

The OS upload via DM goes smoothly and the device rebooted fine. I then installed OS .451 in my PC and loaded it using loader.exe (not via DM) and the problem crops up. Really weird. Any ideas please???
    Last edited by amf14; 02-21-10 at 11:29 PM.
    02-21-10 10:54 PM
    Are you using Shrink-A-OS at all? What OS are you running on your PC?
    02-21-10 11:36 PM
    Yea, I shrink the OS. Tried both WinXP and Win7.

No problem in using Shrink-A-OS before and I'm using the same PC as before.
    02-21-10 11:43 PM
    I've had this issue awhile back using Shrink-A-OS so I reinstalled w/o shrinking and the problem went away. I'm using Shrink-A-OS again currently without issue. There might've been something not moved correctly with Shrink-A-OS when you had done it that could be causing the issue. I'd test a install w/o shrink and see if the problem persists.
    02-22-10 12:31 AM
    Thanks!

I tried installing without using shrink-a-os and the OS loaded fine. The device booted okay but when I made a batt pull, jvm error once again (without installing anything yet).
    02-22-10 12:38 AM
    I loaded OS (unshrunk 451) again using loader.exe. It loaded fine and the device booted okay. I then pulled the battery and waited about 30 minutes to re-insert it. It re-booted fine again. Battery pull again and waiting for a few minutes to re-insert it... FINGERS CROSSED....... Booted fine.... I hope this works out okay....

BTW, I loaded the OS without the battery inserted and then re-inserted the battery when the battery icon with a diagonal line across it appeared. Could it helped in reloading the OS without any problem?
    Last edited by amf14; 02-22-10 at 02:46 AM.
    02-22-10 02:19 AM
    JVM error 534 appears when the device re-starts all by itself and it started doing this again. The same error is encountered when the boot process is about 3/4 of the way then it re-boots perpetually.

Again I reloaded the OS (451) with everything included except language files other than English. I also used the "platform.alx" file from OS 328. It reloaded fine. I then formatted the Microsd card using the device. Installed 3rd party apps, battery pulled and the re-boot is ok.

So far no problems.
    Last edited by amf14; 02-22-10 at 04:48 AM.
    02-22-10 04:44 AM
    Did you ever solve this problem? My device has experienced similar problems since I can remember, but it just started happening again. It seems like once it starts rebooting perpetually, if I plug it into my computer and open loader.exe, maybe extract the log file, and then unplug it from the computer, it reboots fine. Also, a JVM 102 error usually causes the initial reboot, and sometimes pops up again during some of the perpetual reboots, but I haven't been able to pinpoint which file causes it by checking the event log. Each 102 error occurs right after something called +BORK in the even log, which always follows any random BlackBerry OS file. Never the same file, but the 102 error is always preceded by +BORK.

This sucks -_-
    04-12-11 08:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD