Anyone have an idea if its possibly to get os5.0 for the 8330 for Bell Mobility?

Cheers
    Whit
    02-19-10 06:49 PM
    Bell has not released 5.0 for the 8330 yet. However, you can download and install the official 5.0 for Boost Mobile. There's a sticky on it you can read just above this thread. Some functions, like GPS, are disabled in this release though.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-19-10 06:57 PM
    Thanks Rob.... Do you think that there will be an official Bell release of this OS??
    Is use the GPS on my phone alot so I don't want to lose that just to upgrade my OS.

Whit
    02-19-10 07:05 PM
    You can install the boost 5.0 but I strongly suggest reading up on shrink a os. As far as I know the only people that had a problem with gps is Verizon. There GPS is locked by verizon anyway. I am using a hybrid that is based off the boost 5.0 and gps works great. You can get a preshrunk hybrid here Nathanix Blackberry Resource - Home. Read the tutorial there on how to install it. Either way you go. In my opinion 5.0 is the best thing to happen to my 8330. You can always revert back if you do not like it. But you must shrink it or install a preshrunk hybrid or you will have very little memory! Hope this helps.
    02-19-10 07:48 PM
    Thanks Rob.... Do you think that there will be an official Bell release of this OS??
    Is use the GPS on my phone alot so I don't want to lose that just to upgrade my OS.

Whit
    I'm with you on that. I actually did the upgrade at one point, but reverted back to the Bell 4.5 version because it worked best for me.

I'm not sure when 5.0 is coming through Bell for the 8330 though, if ever. I like to only use official releases so I'm waiting for it as well. Bell has released 5.0 for a lot of other devices, so I'm guessing its only a matter of time. I'm hoping for the next month or so, but you never know.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-19-10 08:07 PM
    Don't use the Boost Mobile one. There's a lot of flaws in it. NOt to mention a huge memory leak. I'd use the Nathanix Hybrids -- they are very stable and very good. Nathanix Blackberry Resource - Home
    02-20-10 12:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD