I just Purchased a blackberry curve 8320 the current carrier is Tmobile. I Know how to unlock it. Im trying to use it on at&t but i dont have a WEP code. Can anyone help?
    02-19-10 03:28 PM
    You need to get ahold of a 3rd party unlocker right now I'm in the same boat. I was on at&t then moved to Verizon where I had an 8830 WE which I sold and am using a disgusting Motorola Q and decided to unlock my 8320 to use on at&t I think I'm going to use CarrierUnlock they are a part of this forum and answered my questions quickly, they charge $9.99 to unlock and you get your code automatically.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/members/carrierunlock/
    02-19-10 05:12 PM
    You need to get ahold of a 3rd party unlocker right now I'm in the same boat. I was on at&t then moved to Verizon where I had an 8830 WE which I sold and am using a disgusting Motorola Q and decided to unlock my 8320 to use on at&t I think I'm going to use CarrierUnlock they are a part of this forum and answered my questions quickly, they charge $9.99 to unlock and you get your code automatically.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/members/carrierunlock/
    Negative, Don't pay a dime for the code. It's free from the locking service.

See link below.
    02-19-10 10:03 PM
    but i dont have a WEP code. Can anyone help?
    MEPD code, not WEP. thats a wifi acronym.
    02-21-10 03:23 AM
    I just Purchased a blackberry curve 8320 the current carrier is Tmobile. I Know how to unlock it. Im trying to use it on at&t but i dont have a WEP code. Can anyone help?
    You can try calling the provider first to see if they will give you the code for free. If they don't (because they don't always do as some claim), then you will need to purchase the unlock code from any 3rd party unlocker and you have plenty to choose from here in the forums.
    02-21-10 05:31 PM
    Lighten up ant! Not all of the unlockers are bad, cellunlocknet is actually a CB regular and besides unlocking he can often be found helping others with regular questions too AND even with unlocking stuff I have seen him suggest folks contact their carrier first.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-21-10 06:21 PM
    Again...not always free. That's the whole point! But you seem more interested in hitting on unlockers instead of telling them that they might not get it for free.

We say it over and over!! but here it is again, in case you missed it in this whole mess.

If you have a Blackberry phone you need unlocked...call the provider the phone came from first and see if they can give you the code for free. If they don't, call again just in case. Note that some requirements must be met, but it's always worth a try to call them first instead of paying a 3rd party unlocker. If they do give you the code..GREAT!

If you've tried numerous and they still won't give you the code, then your only option will be to pay to unlock it. You can do it remotely online or at any local shop in your area that does unlocking.

Easiest way is online and you can buy the unlock code from any reliable unlocker here in the forums.

If you don't want to pay, you can try and win an unlock code from the numerous contests in the forums.
    02-21-10 06:29 PM
    Lighten up ant! Not all of the unlockers are bad, cellunlocknet is actually a CB regular and besides unlocking he can often be found helping others with regular questions too AND even with unlocking stuff I have seen him suggest folks contact their carrier first.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Thanks! Yes we do...we don't people paying us for something if they can get it for free.
    02-21-10 06:31 PM
    Multiple posts have been removed. Please resume the discussion and keep to the original topic with advice to resolve the OP's technical issues.
    02-21-10 07:14 PM
    I don't mind paying as I don't have to deal with t-mobile and their hater crap. I've figured out what I needed in case a moderator wants to close this thread.
    02-21-10 09:54 PM
    I don't mind paying as I don't have to deal with t-mobile and their hater crap. I've figured out what I needed in case a moderator wants to close this thread.
    Did you try to call them and ask them for the code for free?
    02-21-10 09:55 PM
    Did you try to call them and ask them for the code for free?
    No, but I had to get out of my contract early because I wasn't getting a signal were I was living and they were not very happy about it. I just have a hard time believing they would give me the code after all I put them through.
    02-21-10 10:03 PM
    No, but I had to get out of my contract early because I wasn't getting a signal were I was living and they were not very happy about it. I just have a hard time believing they would give me the code after all I put them through.
    Unfortunately they don't always cooperate, but the most important part is that you get good coverage now. I too was with T-Mobile & Verizon here in Miami and switched to AT&T on main phone because I find their coverage to be better.
    02-21-10 10:07 PM
    Unfortunately they don't always cooperate, but the most important part is that you get good coverage now. I too was with T-Mobile & Verizon here in Miami and switched to AT&T on main phone because I find their coverage to be better.
    Verizon was okay, I really like at&t although I miss my 8320 WE. I might call T-Mobile tonight and see what I can do to get them to give up the code. Thanks for the help.
    02-22-10 06:47 PM
    Good luck. Let us know if you need help.
    02-22-10 08:54 PM
    Good luck. Let us know if you need help.
    Funny story I went through my emails and I won an unlock code from you guys awhile back. I sent you info back but didn't send it back with your email attached or whatever so I never got an unlock code.
    02-22-10 09:40 PM
    Funny story I went through my emails and I won an unlock code from you guys awhile back. I sent you info back but didn't send it back with your email attached or whatever so I never got an unlock code.
    Never to late to claim it Email us at [email protected] so we can retrieve it, and also please include the new imei/model/provider.
    02-22-10 09:42 PM
    Done and done.
    02-22-10 09:47 PM
    Done and done.
    Weird, we received an email from you about an 8830 unlock but send you MEP reader because the last digit of the 8830 shows always as a "0" and that's wrong, and never got a reply.

But we did get your email now and unlock code has been emailed
    02-22-10 09:54 PM
    Weird, we received an email from you about an 8830 unlock but send you MEP reader because the last digit of the 8830 shows always as a "0" and that's wrong, and never got a reply.

But we did get your email now and unlock code has been emailed
    Opps my bad, I was switching phones and must not have seen that email out of curiosity what is a MEP reader?
    02-22-10 10:03 PM
    Opps my bad, I was switching phones and must not have seen that email out of curiosity what is a MEP reader?
    It's a little software that was put up by some developers with whom we work, and basicallly what it does is that it's reads the correct imei.

Did you get the unlock code for your 8320 that we emailed you?
    02-22-10 10:08 PM
    It's a little software that was put up by some developers with whom we work, and basicallly what it does is that it's reads the correct imei.

Did you get the unlock code for your 8320 that we emailed you?
    Yes thank you, now you might not know this answer but I've been doing some research and it seems that because my 8320 isn't from at&t I can't get on it's 3G network? Like I said I did some light research, also I keep getting an SMS that reads "453 Error Invalid Number. Please re-send using a valid 10 digit mobile number or valid short code." That is followed by some numbers... anyone want to enlighten me on what that means?
    02-23-10 08:45 AM
    You will not be able to get 3G because the 8320 is not 3G compatible. Did you when you press the green send key, do you see your actual phone number?
    02-23-10 08:47 AM
    You will not be able to get 3G because the 8320 is not 3G compatible. Did you when you press the green send key, do you see your actual phone number?
    Yes I see my number. That sucks about the 3G thing but oh well this is temporary until I get a new BBerry or the iPhone, thank you again for all your help!
    02-23-10 11:37 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD