I don't know why...but I had Kindle email the download link to my BB. Every time I try to download it, I get a "HTTP Error 500: Internal Server Error". Anyone else having this problem? And does anyone know how to fix this?
    02-19-10 09:27 AM
    I just thought I'd bump this up to see if anyone else is having trouble with getting the Kindle for BB download?
    02-19-10 01:23 PM
    I figured the site was busy. I was successful really late at night.
    02-19-10 02:12 PM
    I downloaded it NO problem yesterday. Took 2 minutes.
    02-19-10 02:45 PM
    I have had the same problem since yesterday morning and am still unable to download it. Using a 9630 on Verizon and also located in Boston MA.
    02-19-10 03:09 PM
    I've tried to download the Kindle app to my Bold 9700 twice now. The download/status bar fills all the way to the right, then my Bold stalls, and eventually reboots.
    02-19-10 04:17 PM
    that kindle app is looking mighty fine. i can't wait till i have mine.
    02-19-10 05:58 PM
    If I had a bigger screen I might be all for this app, however on my 9700 it just looks painful from the one review the guy did on here.

I just will pick up a book to add to my huge collection.
    02-19-10 06:21 PM
    Whenever I try to search for books I get the message:
    No Internet Connection: Please check your wi-fi or mobile network connection and try again.
    The weirdest part is I'm able to go on opera, bolt and the blackberry browser just fine, but the kindle won't connect to the internet. Has anyone ran into this problem?
    02-19-10 07:49 PM
    I downloaded mine also right away and had no difficulties, took about 2 minutes to download
    02-19-10 08:53 PM
    Try using the direct link...

http://klamath.s3.amazonaws.com/rc8b/kindle.jad

If anyone is having trouble using the direct link above, there is another on the webserver.

http://klamath.s3.amazonaws.com/rc8a/kindle.jad

Its a little smaller in file size, so I'd imagine that it's for older OS's, but I don't know for sure.

Please share your findings!
    02-23-10 12:48 AM
    I can download the Kindle app to my Bold 9000, and have done so several times. Each time I get errors when trying to open the app. The first one was a problem with kindle 2, the second was an execute problem and now using the link from this site, I get an error stating "error starting kindle: class 'net.rim.device.apl.ui.uiengineinstance' not found.

I have deleted it from my phone before trying again, but get the same results. Anyone else having this problem?

I have v4.6.0.304 OS
    02-24-10 04:23 PM
    02-24-10 04:30 PM
    Yes - that is when I got the above error. I have tried 3 different downloads and I get errors with them all.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-25-10 10:20 AM
    Just an update:

I had Kobo for Blackberry installed on my phone. Evidently it must use some of the same input as the Kindle app. I decided to delete Kobo to see if there was an issue between the two. There was. I was able to successfully load Kindle once Kobo was removed. A simple problem after all.

Thank you to all who tried to help solve my problem.
    03-02-10 01:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD