some notes:
    1. the water indicator is very fragile. imagine an old sticker that's been dehydrated (crispy and breaks if you touch it). mine was demolished.
    2. truesupplier top cover is very POOR QUALITY. you can see this in the pictures
    3. attaching the top and frame isn't hard, but i'm assuming they weren't cut correctly because it was impossible to attach without the gaps.
    4. the chrome on my old phone was already peeling (near the lock key button). so if this peels, i don't really care.
    5. i chose not to get the metal battery cover because i did not want my reception diminished.

Last edited by rp_guy; 02-18-10 at 09:05 PM.
    02-18-10 08:47 PM
    I'm not a big fan of changing the housing on phones, but that is actually pretty sickk!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-18-10 08:57 PM
    Looks good! I see it has the same gap on the top cover as mine has. You are right, the frame and battery door are nice, but the top cover electroplating is crap and it doesn't fit worth sheeeet. You have to watch the edges too, the fake electroplating is SHARP and peels off the top cover if you pick at the edges. I guess it's a fact we have to live with if we order parts from China.

I got the same kit, but green. The electroplate battery door is still plastic, so you could have ordered one of those too.

02-18-10 09:19 PM
    Looks good! I see it has the same gap on the top cover as mine has. You are right, the frame and battery door are nice, but the top cover electroplating is crap and it doesn't fit worth sheeeet. You have to watch the edges too, the fake electroplating is SHARP and peels off the top cover if you pick at the edges. I guess it's a fact we have to live with if we order parts from China.

I got the same kit, but green. The electroplate battery door is still plastic, so you could have ordered one of those too.
    thanks. i definitely did not know that, although i do like the leather anyway.

maybe when sw-box or cnn carries chrome housings, i'll pick up a new one.
    02-18-10 09:25 PM
    Nice job! Very clean. I might have to copy that one.
    02-18-10 09:31 PM
    Doesn't look too bad..
    02-18-10 09:47 PM
    thats an incrediberry
    02-18-10 10:00 PM
    silver surfer - looks pretty cool
    02-18-10 10:24 PM
    That's the first time I actually like the use of the mirror screen protector.
    02-19-10 12:58 AM
    That looks good, but the top cover and bezel gaps are bad but then again we are talking about non oem parts which can be hit or miss. I reused my top cover and thank God the bezel matched the oem top cover perfectly and no crazy gaps.
    02-19-10 01:27 AM
    how is the mirror screen protector ? mine is so bad it dims the screen a lot and it has rainbow effect all over... i had to take it off and order a clear one after that @@ worst product ever....

it only looks nice when the screen is off and its a mirror.,....
    02-19-10 02:22 PM
    looks pretty good
    02-19-10 02:30 PM
    how is the mirror screen protector ? mine is so bad it dims the screen a lot and it has rainbow effect all over... i had to take it off and order a clear one after that @@ worst product ever....

it only looks nice when the screen is off and its a mirror.,....
    yup.. i'm doing it for the looks.. the screen is incredibly dim, but we'll see how it is. i don't mind it so far.

02-19-10 02:47 PM
    Mirror screen is a nice touch.
    02-19-10 03:47 PM
    this looks great-good job
    02-19-10 04:32 PM
    that looks nice
    02-19-10 04:34 PM
    The green one is sick!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-19-10 05:50 PM
    I like it...but I'm such an antismudge person, it seems like this would require obsessive wiping and buffing. LOL
    02-19-10 07:52 PM
    Not my style...I would never rock that, but that is me.
    02-19-10 08:03 PM
    does anyone here could give me some information,
    would these 'electroplate CHROME battery cover' affect my signal reception ??

please someone, give me some reasonable explanation, as I am deeply in love with it....

Blackberry Bold 9700 9020 Onyx Chrome electroplate housing faceplate cover (Grey) :: 9700/9020 Onyx :: Blackberry :: Housing/Faceplate :: Truesupplier - Blackberry Accessories & PDA Accessories wholesale Co.
    02-23-10 11:47 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD