In an earlier version of Opera Mini, I could copy and paste a link into the address window on the start page. I would email myself a link and then copy and paste it from my email on my berry. This helped me avoid using the default browser if I selected "Get Link".

With the new version of Opera Mini (with the "autocompleting" address bar), I can no longer do this! No option or shortcut for pasting urls.

My questions are:

1) Is there a workaround for this aside from using the syncing feature for the bookmarks?

2) Is there a way to use "Get Link" for Opera Mini instead of pointing to the default browser?

Thanks in advance for any thoughts/help!
    06-11-08 01:24 PM
    If you go to settings and uncheck autocomplete when you go to enter address it will allow you to paste...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-11-08 02:16 PM
    I also don't like the setup but I work around it by deleting the www. I get a insert symbol and from there I can paste a copied link. Hope this is what your looking for to keep the auto complete on.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-11-08 04:14 PM
    I noticed this but don't use opera enough to have gone searching for the solution. nice tip, these forums are great for finding answers.
    06-11-08 04:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD