Greetings.

Recently upgraded to Tour 9630, from Curve.

I had used Mobile Banking with the Curve to access my SunTrust accounts without problems. When I got the Tour, I installed the application, and it worked flawlessly.

Last night, due to one too many "Out of Memory" followed by "error 552" errors, I updated the OS to ver 5.

After installing the Mobile Banking application, when I try and run it to set it up, I get "Error. Certificate not issued from expected source. The application is currently in offline mode".

I called SunTrust support, who tell me it is a browser issue, and I need to call my carrier. Needless to say, Verizon will not offer any assist, as they do not yet support ver 5 on the Tour.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
    02-18-10 02:48 PM
    Are you using the Firethorn mobile banking program? I have that program for USAA, and I have the same problem, though mine started when I was using the Boost 5.0.0.438 on my 8330. It worked great (even though I was using the Verizon version of the program, with Sprint) before that, with 4.5, and even with the earlier leaked and hybrid OS's I used on my Curve.

I've seen it mentioned that it may have to do with the vendor.xml file being deleted, but I couldn't tell you for sure. But mine has been deleted, and I'm guessing yours has too, if you're using 5.0 on a Verizon Tour.
    02-23-10 07:38 PM
    Yes, I do refer to Firethorn mobile banking program (ver 4.0).

I too used it extensively on my Curve, with Hybrid OS's, as well as other carriers OS's.

It worked on my Tour with v4.7, but as soon as I upgraded to 5.0, I started getting the error message.

Needless to say, I am left to assume that this program, or at least this version of the program, is not compatible with OS 5.
    02-24-10 07:47 PM
    Have a tour with verizon and mobile banking has some error like this : "certificate not issued from expected source"

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-01-10 10:43 PM
    I've got the same problem with Sprint...
    03-05-10 10:10 AM
    Mobile Banking is now working again...You need to download the latest version (4.1.3)

I'm on Sprint, running .484
    03-08-10 10:38 AM
    Where do you find the latest version (4.1.3)

03-13-10 09:18 PM
    Mobile Banking is now working again...You need to download the latest version (4.1.3)

I'm on Sprint, running .484
    Where do you find the latest version it is not on sprint store

03-13-10 09:19 PM
    The new software is at your bank's electronic web site. Loaded it less than five minutes ago from SunTrust and it is working flawlessly!
    03-14-10 01:56 PM
    It's working for USAA, too!
    03-16-10 10:55 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD