I feel bad for you guys. A 256 RAM minimum is going to be required. Guess what that means? Storm 1 users won't get that browser! I'm so glad I jumped ship to the Storm 2 lol.

I feel bad for you guys. Tough love from RIM, you know?
    02-18-10 01:49 PM
    Gunna suck when storm 3 comes out and your stuck with your storm 2 it's the never ending cycle of new technology and the wait for your upgrade date
    02-18-10 02:12 PM
    I feel bad for you guys. A 256 RAM minimum is going to be required. Guess what that means? Storm 1 users won't get that browser! I'm so glad I jumped ship to the Storm 2 lol.

I feel bad for you guys. Tough love from RIM, you know?
    Hmmm... I just was curious where your getting this info from ? It seems there are quiet a few wild rumours being spread around. If you listen to the pod cast, if I heard correctly, they mentioned that the webkit it going to be under layed into the orginal browser.
    So I don't see why it wouldn't work with the storm 1....

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-18-10 02:36 PM
    i think it would work,,,
    02-18-10 02:48 PM
    How am I being a ******?! I am saying that I have sympathy for you guys. I just feel really bad for all of you S1 users!

God, people like to take things the wrong way. And no, it won't work. It was built to run on phones with open gl and at least 256 MB RAM... Sorry s1 users.
    02-18-10 03:20 PM
    I think thats messed up that they don't overhaul all the bb browsers. But I will be upgrading to whatever has it regardless of my upgrade date. Been waiting to long for a desent browser to let that or memory get in the way...
    02-18-10 03:39 PM
    God, people like to take things the wrong way. And no, it won't work. It was built to run on phones with open gl and at least 256 MB RAM... Sorry s1 users.
    If OpenGL is required, how was it demoed on a 9700? That GSM chip doesnt have OpenGL on it.

Currently, only the BlackBerry Storm2 and the BlackBerry Curve 8530 support OpenGL ES.

Until RIM publishes more info about the browser or it gets leaked, everything is a rumor.
    02-18-10 03:41 PM
    If I still had my S1, I wouldn't be sweating this. Opera Mini 5.2 will probably still be faster than the new browser anyway.
    02-18-10 03:41 PM
    Is this thread really necessary?
    02-18-10 05:35 PM
    there isn't even a release date for this yet... its likely that most storm users will have upgraded by time it does
    02-18-10 05:53 PM
    Play Nice, Be Helpful, and have Respect!

This means keep the language clean, keep your posts polite, and don’t get into arguments over dumb things. If somebody responds to a thread you posted in poor fashion, ignore it, and the moderation team will quickly clean it up (you can always message or email a moderator at any time if you observe anything that is in poor taste/against the rules). Think back to what your parentals and teachers used to lecture - if you don't have something nice to say, don't say anything at all.

Always remember that we are all unique and at different levels here - some of us are experienced BlackBerry users and forum junkies, while others are just starting out. If you’re on the experienced side, have patience for those just joining in on the fun and be helpful. With a little patience and a little help they won’t be newbies for long. Also remember that it is our differences that keeps this place interesting. If everyone was from the same place and at the same experience level it would be boring. This is a worldwide community united by a common interest - our love, or addiction as some would call it, for the BlackBerry!
    02-18-10 06:46 PM
    5 point 1 stop being a horses you know what!
    02-18-10 06:52 PM
    If OpenGL is required, how was it demoed on a 9700? That GSM chip doesnt have OpenGL on it.

Currently, only the BlackBerry Storm2 and the BlackBerry Curve 8530 support OpenGL ES.

Until RIM publishes more info about the browser or it gets leaked, everything is a rumor.
    EXACTLY!

well said
    02-18-10 07:06 PM
    By the time it is released the original storm 1 users will be able to upgrade!

02-18-10 07:27 PM
    There really should be no reason why the new browser won't work on older devices unless RIM chooses for it not to, which would be really crappy of them. Sure, some things like Flash may not be possible, but the base browser should work fine. RIM would be stupid to, say, not have a Flash version for newer devices and a non Flash version for the older ones. But, it wouldn't be the first time they've done something stupid or given their customers the finger...

02-18-10 10:08 PM
    Talk about a troll.
    Why is this thread even here?

Some threads just need to be removed, ones like this that are posted with no purpose other than it poke a stick and start a fight. If someone wants to start a thread on the new webkit browser and what it may need or not to run, so be it, that is a legit concern and legit discussion.
    This thread was started for no reason other than to troll.
    02-19-10 12:37 AM
    Worthless thread. OP is just bored.

02-19-10 07:36 AM
    Worthless thread. OP is just bored.

+1. OP is being a horses a$$...
    02-19-10 03:22 PM
    If I still had my S1, I wouldn't be sweating this. Opera Mini 5.2 will probably still be faster than the new browser anyway.
    Yeah agreed. Opera 5.2 is so much better than the BB browser. It really doesn't compare. I can have multiple tabs, refresh and browse each in a fraction of the time it takes the BB messenger to load ONE page. And when it is loading a page, you can feel it in the other areas of the phone, like slow response to open messages, simple navigation, around the device, etc. When Opera is working, you can do whatever you want with no effect. Hopefully they will do some upgrades as there a FEW things I'd like to see improved, but 1/100th of the things that the BB browser needs.
    02-19-10 04:39 PM
    Opera Mini, in terms of rendering quality and speed is amazing.

Its integration into Blackberry OS is a joke, especially on the storm. I despise copying & pasting links into it. I hate that it makes no use of the menu button. Sometimes, it is just a ***** to use. This is why I look forward to RIM's browser. It'll(hopefully) render pages properly and quickly while feeling like it was actually made for the phone(is that so much to ask?)

I can't wait for RIM's webkit browser to come out because when I'm trying to paste an address into hopstop.com, or trying to paste a url, I don't have to tap over and over until I finally see the menu only to hit paste and watch nothing happen half the time.
    02-19-10 09:52 PM
    Opera Mini, in terms of rendering quality and speed is amazing.

Its integration into Blackberry OS is a joke, especially on the storm. I despise copying & pasting links into it. I hate that it makes no use of the menu button. Sometimes, it is just a ***** to use. This is why I look forward to RIM's browser. It'll(hopefully) render pages properly and quickly while feeling like it was actually made for the phone(is that so much to ask?)

I can't wait for RIM's webkit browser to come out because when I'm trying to paste an address into hopstop.com, or trying to paste a url, I don't have to tap over and over until I finally see the menu only to hit paste and watch nothing happen half the time.
    In Opera, if I just touch and leave my finger there for about 1, maybe 2 seconds, a little copy/paste box pops up. It works pretty easy on my phone.
    02-20-10 08:47 AM
    Now I remember why I quit reading new threads.

And I don't miss the community full of *****. I'm on android and I don't have that problem. Webkit, open gl, none of that will fix you guys. Youve been used and abused by rim for far too long. You're cynical, jaded, frustrated, and all around generally **** hurt. But I hope it works out. I liked having a berry. Just wish I could get the flexibility, performance, function, apps, efficient hardware and software development, customization...no squabbling over broken leaked OS...alright I'm gonna go browse full websites and use my phone to be productive.

Good day

02-20-10 10:42 AM
    KISS's album THE ELDER really is a great album. Give it another spin and see for yourself. ACE is god! Just my 2cents. Thought I'd add to this thread something usefull.

02-20-10 09:34 PM
    Now I remember why I quit reading new threads.

And I don't miss the community full of *****. I'm on android and I don't have that problem. Webkit, open gl, none of that will fix you guys. Youve been used and abused by rim for far too long. You're cynical, jaded, frustrated, and all around generally **** hurt. But I hope it works out. Speak For Your Self..

I liked having a berry. Just wish I could get the flexibility, performance, function, apps, efficient hardware and software development, customization...no squabbling over broken leaked OS...alright I'm gonna go browse full websites and use my phone to be productive.

Good day

I feel sorry for you in the feature, your gonna want to go back....ha ha ha

02-20-10 10:48 PM
    I feel sorry for you in the feature, your gonna want to go back....ha ha ha

huh? In the feature? Do you mean future? There's nothing that rim can and will do in the next 12 months to convince me to get a berry for my personal phone again. The 9530 was easily the worst smartphone I've owned. And the "feature" doesn't hold much promise to compete vs my android lineup.

02-20-10 10:53 PM
61 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD