My parts FINALLY arrived after a gong show with Truesupplier (long story) and I just finished installing them. The quality is 95%. The top cover isn't perfect (there is a small chip in one spot by the mute button and it's sticking out a bit), but other than that, it turned out ok. I hope the electroplate lasts longer than their normal frames. I replaced a red frame with this kit because the paint was falling off everywhere far too easily.

The top cover DID come pre-mounted and it's actually centered properly. It contains the speaker grill and foam strips that are needed. It's all in there. It makes it a quick, easy frame swap.

Last edited by GibMcFragger; 02-17-10 at 07:56 PM.
    02-17-10 07:40 PM
    How long did It take the shipment to arrive?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-17-10 07:49 PM
    wow looks great! did you just throw it in your scanner? haha
    02-17-10 07:51 PM
    It took 3 weeks to arrive.

Hahaha no. Its a pic.

02-17-10 07:53 PM
    O M G. I like!

02-17-10 08:00 PM
    Nice work..I don't have the ball$ to take apart my 9700
    02-17-10 08:08 PM
    that is freaking awesome-Im too scared to do that-LOL
    02-17-10 08:11 PM
    Looks good
    02-17-10 08:14 PM
    that is freaking awesome-Im too scared to do that-LOL
    It's really easy when the top cover is pre-mounted. It took me all of about 7 mins to do the swap.
    02-17-10 08:48 PM
    What exactly does pre-mounted mean? Premounted to what?

I've dis- and re-assembled various 8330's about 10 times, but the Tour & 9700 scare me! I thought you were supposed to solder certain pieces...?

Please enlighten me, neighbour!
    02-17-10 08:53 PM
    What exactly does pre-mounted mean? Premounted to what?

I've dis- and re-assembled various 8330's about 10 times, but the Tour & 9700 scare me! I thought you were supposed to solder certain pieces...?

Please enlighten me, neighbour!
    Hehehe. On the 9700, the top cover above the screen is separate from the frame. It is bonded to the frame, not clipped. The top cover used to come separately and you have to melt small tabs to secure it (a soldering iron is the easiest tool for this) as well as break the top cover off your OLD frame to move over some small foam strips as well as the grill for the ear speaker. It's a pain in the arse. Now the top cover comes pre-attached to the frame with everything already in it so it makes the swap easy.

You can see what I mean in these pics from my other thread.

02-17-10 09:00 PM
    [QUOTE=GibMcFragger;4693333]My parts FINALLY arrived after a gong show with Truesupplier (long story) and I just finished installing them. The quality is 95%. The top cover isn't perfect (there is a small chip in one spot by the mute button and it's sticking out a bit), but other than that, it turned out ok. I hope the electroplate lasts longer than their normal frames. I replaced a red frame with this kit because the paint was falling off everywhere far too easily.

The top cover DID come pre-mounted and it's actually centered properly. It contains the speaker grill and foam strips that are needed. It's all in there. It makes it a quick, easy frame swap.

-Hey Gib, it looks AMAZING! Good call on the Metallic Green!

Would you recommend ordering from TrueSupplier? I'm apprehensive.
    02-17-10 09:25 PM
    Honestly, no I wouldn't. Their quality is not great. The top cover on this kit started to peel between the time I posted this thread and now......which is only a couple of hours. I took it apart again and took the crappy top cover off and replaced it with the spare green one I ordered just in case. Now the top cover is in perfect shape but I have a large gap because it doesn't quite fit properly.

So ya............I would suggest SW-Box.com, I hear better things about their quality.
    02-17-10 09:50 PM
    That looks awesome. I would seriously consider doing that to mine.
    02-17-10 09:54 PM
    CRAZY! looks good
    02-17-10 10:28 PM
    ooo me wanna change battery cover
    02-17-10 10:36 PM
    Very nice... Just ordered the electroplated red and red keyboard from truesupplier.... After sw-box failed to provide a decent quality product...

Hope mine looks as good as yours!

02-18-10 03:17 AM
    It looks good!
    02-18-10 05:22 AM
    looks very nice!! agree with others that I am WAY to scared to do this though
    02-18-10 07:46 AM
    wow, blingy! lol looks good!
    02-18-10 07:54 AM
    Lazyjai: I'm afraid Truesupplier's quality is the same if not worse than SW-Box.

02-18-10 08:51 AM
    That is so gorgeous!!! I would love to do that! I'm so scared, though. Isn't there a little piece of something that pops off or something and voids the warranty if you open it?!?!?
    02-18-10 09:37 AM
    That is so gorgeous!!! I would love to do that! I'm so scared, though. Isn't there a little piece of something that pops off or something and voids the warranty if you open it?!?!?
    on one of the screws there's a little sticker that covers it and that voids the warranty
    02-18-10 10:16 AM
    My parts FINALLY arrived after a gong show with Truesupplier (long story) and I just finished installing them. The quality is 95%. The top cover isn't perfect (there is a small chip in one spot by the mute button and it's sticking out a bit), but other than that, it turned out ok. I hope the electroplate lasts longer than their normal frames. I replaced a red frame with this kit because the paint was falling off everywhere far too easily.

Can you do a video of the procedure? Will the swap out void the warranty?
    02-18-10 11:08 AM
    HOLY CRAP, Dear baby Jesus!!!! This is awesome.... That metallic green is GORGEOUS (since ur a dude, I'll say FLY)!

Sweet!
    02-18-10 11:28 AM
51 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD