Well, i do like my holster that came with my blackberry, however i dont like having to take it in and out every time i would like to use it since i can just lock it and unlock when i please. But the phone itself is kind of slipper IMO so i just wanted advice from people who have a skin for it.

Does it help with grip? How much?

Are the side convenience buttons hard to press or do you notice little tourlbe or none at all?

The A, Q, Alt, P Del and enter button hard to type with the skin on?

Can i use a charging cradle with the skin on? Or would i have to remove it to use a cradle?

Thanks in advance for any answers.
    02-17-10 05:11 PM
    I like you like the OEM Holster, I got an all over skin from bestskinsever.com makes it a little less slippery and also protects from scrapes and scratches. fits in the charging cradle with no problem and does not hinder any use of any keys and or ports. They are much cheaper here and in my opinion work great.
    02-17-10 05:20 PM
    I like you like the OEM Holster, I got an all over skin from bestskinsever.com makes it a little less slippery and also protects from scrapes and scratches. fits in the charging cradle with no problem and does not hinder any use of any keys and or ports. They are much cheaper here and in my opinion work great.
    https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=oBO4gJPU

Is this the skin you are talking about?

And yah, the holster is awesome but i would really like a skin instead.
    02-17-10 05:22 PM
    https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=oBO4gJPU

Is this the skin you are talking about?

And yah, the holster is awesome but i would really like a skin instead.
    no thats an OEM skin made by blackberry..i feel tight cases ruin the hardware of the phone,...i wonder if people who have squeaky bezels-use their phones in tight fit cases..for now my 9700 is gonna be naked-nd outdoors will use the oem holster
    02-17-10 05:33 PM
    no thats an OEM skin made by blackberry..i feel tight cases ruin the hardware of the phone,...i wonder if people who have squeaky bezels-use their phones in tight fit cases..for now my 9700 is gonna be naked-nd outdoors will use the oem holster
    Dang, does it really ruin it?

I want to put a skin on it because i dont want to use the holster everyday....what does it damage?
    02-17-10 05:42 PM
    ZAGG | invisibleSHIELD | BlackBerry Bold 9700 Cases, Screen Protectors, Covers, Shields, Skins, Invisible Shield

its a invisibleshield i have it on my blackbery now and i love it you can barely tell its there and it has a lifetime warrenty if it peels or anything they will replace it with no questions asked. great product IMO
    02-17-10 05:52 PM
    ZAGG | invisibleSHIELD | BlackBerry Bold 9700 Cases, Screen Protectors, Covers, Shields, Skins, Invisible Shield

its a invisibleshield i have it on my blackbery now and i love it you can barely tell its there and it has a lifetime warrenty if it peels or anything they will replace it with no questions asked. great product IMO
    Thanks. I am going to take a look at the skins they have.

That scratch resistant cover looks nice too so ill think about that.
    02-17-10 05:58 PM
    I ordered the ZAGG full body coverage one a couple days ago. Can't wait for it to get here!
    02-17-10 06:12 PM
    Dang, does it really ruin it?

I want to put a skin on it because i dont want to use the holster everyday....what does it damage?
    no the oem silicone skins dont ruin it...im saying if u get a skin tight case..its gonna loosen up the parts imho-i.e bezel top or sides
    02-17-10 07:19 PM
    I just got an Epik resin case so I could use the holster my 9700 came with. The resin skin doesn't add bulk to the phone at all, and when in holster is snug without being too tight. IMO, it is the best skin out there.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-17-10 08:11 PM
    I like my Epik resin case. Its not hard to type with nor is it bulky.

02-17-10 08:30 PM
    Ok so after consideration.

I dont think i am going to get an actual skin.

I wanted the seido cradle and it fits with the innocase II.....so im getting both.

Thank you for all the replies though and i will keep those in mind with future BBs i buy since i will never use another phone!
    02-18-10 12:27 AM
    I just got an Epik resin case so I could use the holster my 9700 came with. The resin skin doesn't add bulk to the phone at all, and when in holster is snug without being too tight. IMO, it is the best skin out there.

yep I agree I have the same cases for my phone!! I love them!!!
    02-18-10 03:03 PM
    I use the blackberry skin on my 9700. The skin seems to be loose, which is the only dislike I have for it. I use the Bold 9000 case and the phone fits perfectly with the skin on.
    02-18-10 03:15 PM
    the skin is great especially makes the phone grip a lot more than just the phone case. The only problem that I have found is the skins tend to stretch over time and it gets looser and the other thing I don't like is it does not fit in the holster with the skin on
    02-18-10 04:10 PM
    Guys please help me out.
    I am thinking of buying a new Blackberry bold 9700 needed some elegant skin on it, So could anyone here please suggest me some websites providing blackberry bold with nice skins?

blackberry bold 9700 skins
    02-19-10 03:09 AM
    I use the OEM silicon skin & I used to hate it because it would get really loose & slip off my phone when I'd take it out of my pocket. Plus, I always had to take it off to put it on my charging dock @ night. Now, I just alternate keeping it on & off. When I keep it off for a couple of days, it regains its shape a bit & is tighter fitting when I put it on again.
    02-19-10 08:58 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD