I'm trying to find the best website or place to buy replacement housing for my Bold. Has anyone actually purchased housing from somewhere and been totally satisfied???

thanks!!!!!!
    02-16-10 03:53 PM
    This has been discussed twenty bizillion times on the forum. You could do a forum search but I will help ...

The following sellers are reputable and are used by forum members

cnn.cn (good selection. They have a video on-line on how to replace the bezel)
    dealsishop.com (ships from US: has specials on 9000)
    sw-box.com (some folk have had problems with their squeeky keyboards. otherwise, ok)
    truesupplier.com (a confusing site)
    02-16-10 04:04 PM
    Thanks. Sorry to bug you.
    02-16-10 04:05 PM
    +1 for dealsishop.com. I too wondered which one was best. In the end, I chose them because they ship from the US. I bought the black housing with buttons already installed, the keyboard with the red keys, a G1 black trackball, new charging contact buttons and a battery cover. All of the parts are a perfect fit. I was impressed and am very happy with the results. As others have pointed out in the past, if you use a desktop charging pod, you'll need to either purchase new ones or attempt to reuse the old ones from your current housing. All in all it took about ten minutes. Can't say enough about dealsishop.com.

Bryan
    02-17-10 10:13 PM
    And there's always Blackberry Parts, BlackBerry Curve Parts, Blackberry Pearl Parts, Blackberry Bold Parts for a closer-than-China solution.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-17-10 10:20 PM
    +1 for dealsishop.com. I too wondered which one was best. In the end, I chose them because they ship from the US. I bought the black housing with buttons already installed, the keyboard with the red keys, a G1 black trackball, new charging contact buttons and a battery cover. All of the parts are a perfect fit. I was impressed and am very happy with the results. As others have pointed out in the past, if you use a desktop charging pod, you'll need to either purchase new ones or attempt to reuse the old ones from your current housing. All in all it took about ten minutes. Can't say enough about dealsishop.com.

Bryan
    The black trackball you bought from there, does it perform as good as the original OEM trackball? Because I bought a black trackball for my new bold at Amazon from a seller called "Eforcity" and it doesn't roll as smoothly as the original OEM does. Now I'm stuck with this because I sold my old trackball to a friend... Just want to make sure that if I do buy the trackball from there, it performs just as good and feels just like the original OEM tb...

EDIT: Btw, they're selling two different black tbs, which one did you get?
    Last edited by Thrill; 02-17-10 at 11:26 PM.
    02-17-10 11:24 PM
    The black trackball you bought from there, does it perform as good as the original OEM trackball? Because I bought a black trackball for my new bold at Amazon from a seller called "Eforcity" and it doesn't roll as smoothly as the original OEM does. Now I'm stuck with this because I sold my old trackball to a friend... Just want to make sure that if I do buy the trackball from there, it performs just as good and feels just like the original OEM tb...

EDIT: Btw, they're selling two different black tbs, which one did you get?
    I bought the OEM Google G1 / Black Blackberry Curve 8900 Trackball. They state "It's also compatible with other models of blackberry cell phones like 8100 series, 8300 series, 8800 series and blackberry 9000 Bold."
    I've heard this before so I gave it a shot. To answer your question... yes, it performs well. In my humble opinion, it works better. It has a rigidy, (yup, just made that word up), feel to it. I like it as it gives feedback that it's rolling. My bold's trackball had become so smooth, (dirty?), that at times I couldn't tell if it was unresponsive or just simply not rolling. So far so good; I'm pleased with this one.

Bryan
    02-18-10 06:30 PM
    I agree that dealsishop.com is the best one out there. Great products and fast shipping. The fact that they are shipping from the US greatly increases the time in getting the products.
    02-18-10 08:16 PM
    ya i tried truesupplier
    my back covering broke, so it makes as squeaking sound
    and the shipping took 3 weeks or more!
    they have really cool back covers though
    and it comes with a free screwdriver
    Last edited by bbboy1; 02-19-10 at 12:24 PM.
    02-19-10 12:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD