I see allot of people saying flash this and flash that....Personally I don't really care for it. Maybe i just can't see why i would need to use flash when browsing the web on my 9700. Plus hear that it slows your browsing down.

Is it just me or others don't care about it ether?

And if you do want it so much.....why is that? I would love to know

Thanks
    02-16-10 03:52 PM
    Flash is important. I want my browsing experience to be as similar as it is to browse on my PC. I also want to view all websites in full. Watch Youtube on the youtube website etc...
    02-16-10 03:54 PM
    It's not so much about web content on pages that use it for ads and such, but rather web content on multimedia based websites. If Flash was avilable, you could watch Flash videos natively within the browser. Sites such as Hulu, YouTube, etc. would be much more usefull to the mobile user.

Don't think of it as "just for ads or pretty webpage headers on corporate sites". Flash goes much further then that...
    02-16-10 03:55 PM
    yea but flash is mostly used on ads and on movie sites...... would you really watch a movie on your berry?? I find my 15inc LP to small for movies....... What other use to you see for flash??
    02-16-10 03:56 PM
    Good timing lol.... yea i agree on that point. YouTube is going HTML5. So would a nice you tube app be good for us?

It's not so much about web content on pages that use it for ads and such, but rather web content on multimedia based websites. If Flash was avilable, you could watch Flash videos natively within the browser. Sites such as Hulu, YouTube, etc. would be much more usefull to the mobile user.

Don't think of it as "just for ads or pretty webpage headers on corporate sites". Flash goes much further then that...
    02-16-10 03:58 PM
    Ad Block like on FireFox would be useful
    02-16-10 06:13 PM
    I cannot tell you all how much I detest Flash. In our software at work we have to add Flash containers and it's just a resource hog. Not to mention the concept in general sucks.

In my perfect world we have an HTML extension that can actually exploit hardware in the PC like OpenGL does. Flash is evil. Sure, it looks good to the average user but underneath it's a seething pile.

Just my observations though, from a software engineer perspective.
    02-16-10 06:49 PM
    I think RIM plans on using flash for some parts of the UI, not just web browsing. It's also another tool for app developers to use to spruce up their apps. Don't quote me on that though.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-16-10 07:16 PM
    I love the newest xenon flash! Haha. Had to. I just want it so I can be utterly disappointed with the inability for my blackberry to play flash games lol. Personally I would like it to enrich the experience, but if it's going to hurt performance then i'll live without.
    02-16-10 07:37 PM
    I could not care less. This is a phone. If I need Flash I'll go to a real computer.
    02-16-10 07:50 PM
    I want flash for videos I want... but NOT for ads. If there is a setting to turn flash off, it would be perfect. I would want it off @ all times except for video because it would be a pain to wait on pages downloading flash content that you don't want. But it would be great for Hulu/etc.
    02-16-10 08:01 PM
    If I want to view a site that utilizes Flash, then I'll use a computer. Flash is worthless to me. Even when I was a web designing student, I found it to be all show and no practicality.
    02-16-10 08:01 PM
    I feel the same way 100% agreed

I could not care less. This is a phone. If I need Flash I'll go to a real computer.
    agreed
    If I want to view a site that utilizes Flash, then I'll use a computer. Flash is worthless to me. Even when I was a web designing student, I found it to be all show and no practicality.
    Don't get me wrong guy's I would love a nice browser but flash is something that i really don't care about, So i can't se what all the noise is about. I browse on my berry here and there but it will never be my LP. I do quick searches and check on some sport scores.... maybe even read a blog or 2 but I like to use my phone for communicating purposes (email, calls, bbm, txt).
    02-16-10 08:18 PM
    I very much Care about flash, because of STUPID company's who put there Catalogs online as Flash pages to flip through rather then putting the product in searchable websites.

Also Grocery flyers are starting to be flash flip pages as well, pissing me off!

I would love to go flash free, but more and more content is flash
    02-16-10 08:36 PM
    theres flash all over the web of course I want flash
    02-16-10 10:37 PM
    just ask steve jobs about flash.
    02-16-10 11:06 PM
    I have a HTC hero and I love the flash on there. It makes "browsing" a much better experience. Being able to load full pages is amazing.

02-16-10 11:38 PM
    Tin cans and string for me.

02-16-10 11:39 PM
    just ask steve jobs about flash.
    Why not ask him about Lance Armstrong? I am sure they share something in common like a lumpy testicle.

MS and Apple need to be afraid these days, Google is coming for them.
    02-16-10 11:42 PM
    It would be nice to have flash to have a "real" browsing experience, but it really doesn't matter much to me.

02-17-10 12:05 AM
    I'm actually not crazy about websites that are based on Flash, but the reality is that more and more of them are becoming Flash based and aren't even usable without a Flash enabled browser. So, because of that I need Flash on my phone. It's not so much that I want it as it is I need it.
    02-17-10 01:01 AM
    I would like to have the option to enable flash. Make it an option in the browser. Enable it when you go to sites like Hulu, disable it when you go to HTML sites that may have flash ads on the side. Seems like a win-win if it is that easy to implement. I am not a web coder/designer though. Even so, from the sounds of HTML 5, that's seems to be the future and browsing on computers and mobile phones should be better in the near future.

02-17-10 01:27 AM
    I really hope (and assume it's probable) there will be an option to disable flash.

Ideally though, I would like to see the new browser have addon/extension capabilities. Then I would campaign heavily for Adblock+ to create a version for the new browser. That'd give me the benefit of seeing flash I probably want to see, and automatically kill Flash advertisements. (please note I'm not going to debate the merits/integrity of supporting/excluding advertisements on websites as my opinion will not change)
    Last edited by rmjones101; 02-17-10 at 03:50 AM.
    02-17-10 03:46 AM
    Flash isn't all its cracked up to be, I don't need it as part of my mobile web experience. I have it on the HD2 in limited form and its not that great

Slow, tiresome and frustratingly it takes an age to load.

Keep flash away from mobile and start implementing HTML5 properly into websites and mobile versions of the same sites and people will soon forget about flash.
    02-17-10 04:12 AM
    I see allot of people saying flash this and flash that....Personally I don't really care for it. Maybe i just can't see why i would need to use flash when browsing the web on my 9700. Plus hear that it slows your browsing down.

Is it just me or others don't care about it ether?

And if you do want it so much.....why is that? I would love to know

Thanks
    I don't like it but increasingly, you can't browse many business sites because they use Flash even where it shouldn't have been used.

I install a pile of browsers on my desktop machines and block flash on all but one, so if morons design their website with flash, and I have to use it for ecommerce, etc. I have a way to do so.

Down with flash, waste of bandwidth, security exposure, etc. Just say NO.
    02-17-10 06:20 AM
52 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD