Hello all!

I recently acquired a curve 8900 (Tmobile) through work. I currently have an LG Lotus from Sprint, with all of my contacts in it. It's in the neighborhood of 500 or so, so I obviously don't want to transfer them by hand individually. What is my best bet to get them from my lotus to my new blackberry? I normally have it done at the store, but I didn't know if they would be cooperative in doing that since it's two different carriers.

Thanks for any and all info!

-Blake
    02-16-10 02:37 PM
    Your options are:

1. Use google synch now to get your contacts online and synchable if thats possible with this phone.

2. Export your contacts from Lotus to an Excel spreadsheet, and import them into Outlook, then synch using BB Desktop Manager.

Option 1 is easiest.
    02-16-10 02:57 PM
    Is there anyway you could transfer over every contact's .vcf file via bluetooth? As in on the old phone, select all? Then save them all on the blackberry?
    02-16-10 03:20 PM
    Take both devices to Tmobile and they will transfer them for you. Since Tmo is your new carrier they will be more than glad to do it. Just walk in and tell them how upset you are with Sprint and that's why you came to Tmo. They will immediately start drooling and agreeing with you. Thats when you pop the question.
    02-17-10 07:51 AM
    Export them to a CSV file, then import them into Outlook or my personal preference Gmail... if you go the Gmail route, you can use GoogleSync to transfer all those onto your Blackberry and GoogleSync will always be there to keep them in sync and be a great backup for all your Contacts.
    02-17-10 08:15 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD