Conclusions

Neither Sprint's nor T-Mobile's fast networks cover more than a few cities yet. But they're definitely worth keeping an eye on. If you feel each carrier's 3G coverage is decent, get a 3G/4G or HSPA+ compatible modem, and it'll grab the higher speeds as they become available nationwide. Sprint's WiMAX may also be an alternative to home DSL if you live in a city with good coverage.

Even though Verizon pledges to introduce their own high-speed technology LTE this year, T-Mobile and Sprint will remain your best bet for maximum mobile speeds for a while . We don't know what devices will support LTE, or what speeds it will have in reality. As you can see from our test results, speed promises are often just words.

hum... seems like ATT won't be "the nations fastest network" for long....
    02-16-10 01:07 PM
    yeah, but none of us have phones capable of using that network anyway.
    02-16-10 01:15 PM
    yeah, but none of us have phones capable of using that network anyway.
    You're 9700 will have greatly increased speeds with HPSA+ just not the full 7.2m download.
    02-16-10 01:40 PM
    This thread is dumb. Who are you quoting? Billy that works at McDonalds? Where are the DATA numbers to prove anything? Why are you trying to compare 3.5G vs 4G? Do you compare honda civics with an M3?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-16-10 03:02 PM
    You're 9700 will have greatly increased speeds with HPSA+ just not the full 7.2m download.
    the 9700 doesn't support HSPA+.
    02-16-10 03:02 PM
    This thread is dumb. Who are you quoting? Billy that works at McDonalds? Where are the DATA numbers to prove anything? Why are you trying to compare 3.5G vs 4G? Do you compare honda civics with an M3?

Hey, I get all my Blackberry info from Bill at McDonald's. He's the best!
    02-16-10 03:13 PM

Crap I forgot to post the link, its from PC Magazine.

02-16-10 05:15 PM
    Here it

WiMAX vs. HSPA+: The Hands-On Test - Reviews by PC Magazine

02-16-10 05:20 PM
    Here is another supporting link

HSPA+ could be the winner in the LTE vs. WiMax contest | Platforms - InfoWorld

02-16-10 05:23 PM
    OK, but no blackberry supports HSPA+.
    02-16-10 05:31 PM
    OK, but no blackberry supports HSPA+.
    Correct, But since the towers will be flooding the air waves for signal and bandwidth, instead of out phone drying up with thirst they'll be running at full potential. Granted it won't be 7.2meg but it'll be a lot faster than our current state.

02-16-10 06:04 PM
    Correct, But since the towers will be flooding the air waves for signal and bandwidth, instead of out phone drying up with thirst they'll be running at full potential. Granted it won't be 7.2meg but it'll be a lot faster than our current state.

That's not what your original post said. Anyway I highly doubt you will see a difference, and especially not for a few years when this new network is up, wider and people have switched to supporting phones, but ok.

Last edited by dLo GSR; 02-16-10 at 08:07 PM.
    02-16-10 07:03 PM
    That's not what your original post said. Anyway I highly doubt you will see a difference, and especially not for a few years when this new network is up, wider and people have switched to supporting phones, but ok.

T-Mo will be HSPA+ in all covering 3G areas by the end of this year .... but okay.
    02-16-10 09:07 PM
    that sentence in the quote you highlighted in bold...you need to put the last 3 words in that sentence in a SUPER bold...."for a while" and then underline the entire sentence after that one....
    02-16-10 10:04 PM
    The issue still remains that no BB is HSPA+ ready. You realize how long it took RIM to get their first (North American) UMTS 3G device? AT&T will probably have HSPA+ by the time one actually comes out.

AT&T won't be the nation's fastest 3G in certain spots, not much. If you think AT&T's map is bad, find T-mobile's.
    02-16-10 10:18 PM
    T-Mo will be HSPA+ in all covering 3G areas by the end of this year .... but okay.
    Ok, but my point was that you said that my 9700 has HSPA+. It does not.

02-16-10 10:25 PM
    Um.HSPA+ IS OLD NEWS BUDDY! Att is going LTE so... Another pointless tread stop hating cuz u can't talk on phone and surf the web u vzw/sprint goonie LOL

02-17-10 12:11 AM
    He isnt verizon or sprint! he's crap-mobile! Its funny how alot of users who are stuck on tmobile like to talk crap about everyone elses provider. tmobile has outages all the time and they dont even have the the better phones to drain their network! There is a reason tmobile is prolly the cheapest! you pay for what you get.
    03-19-10 12:16 PM
    Ok, but my point was that you said that my 9700 has HSPA+. It does not.

Where did i say that the 9700 Supports HPSA+?!?!

03-19-10 12:19 PM
    He isnt verizon or sprint! he's crap-mobile! Its funny how alot of users who are stuck on tmobile like to talk crap about everyone elses provider. tmobile has outages all the time and they dont even have the the better phones to drain their network! There is a reason tmobile is prolly the cheapest! you pay for what you get.
    Funny i live in Cincinnati ohio and i have 3G (blackberry emblem) and havent had a T-Mo related outage in more that 5 yrs.......

my kid sister who has ATT... has and can't barely make a call... she ask to use my 9700 all the farking time to make calls. kinda funny....

03-19-10 12:20 PM
    don't except much mjneid is very pro t-mo... but yeah t-mo sucks out here period, we a 4 co-workers with all different carriers, all berries and t-mo had no service or one bar while everyone else had 3-4bars, beside everyone knows the experience it's the same for everyone no matter what carrier your with
    03-19-10 12:21 PM
    don't except much mjneid is very pro t-mo... but yeah t-mo sucks out here period, we a 4 co-workers with all different carriers, all berries and t-mo had no service or one bar while everyone else had 3-4bars, beside everyone knows the experience it's the same for everyone no matter what carrier your with
    and were i work we have a
    -9700 (t-mo)
    -9000 (ATT)
    -9530 (VZW)
    -9630 (VZW)
    -8310 (Cincinnati Bell)
    and i full five bars on 3G where everyone else varies.. and my DL speed tether is faster than any of other three.

I've said several times, and i will find my old post to prove it. Every geological market is different some ATT is the best, some T-Mobile is the best, some VZW is the best.

my entire point of this post was T-Mobile is the first to roll out HSPA+ for GSM networks

Last edited by mjneid; 03-19-10 at 12:32 PM.
    03-19-10 12:27 PM
    yeah i see that but try posting in the right area... not the 9700 forum area and your whole eat that att please...
    Last edited by sfjon918; 03-19-10 at 12:37 PM.
    03-19-10 12:34 PM
    yeah i see that but try posting in the right area... not the 9700 forum area and your whole eat that att please...
    I can post it where ever i want.... the mods will move it to what forum they feel it fits best.

03-19-10 12:41 PM
    03-19-10 12:46 PM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD