Hello all,

I am having and issue upgrading my friends 8900 to 5.0.0.461 and would appreciate some assistance. I tried upgrading the phone several times only to receive the same message. I tried using apploader and received the message no upgrade required. I tried using the desktop manager and received the message " only subscribers to blackberryservices are eligible for this upgrade"
    I tried several troubleshooting step suggested here such as disconnecting from the internet trying a clean install and of course deleting the Vendor.xml file. I also uninstalled all prior OS and reinstalled BB desktop manager with no success. Can someone let me know what i am doing wrong and point me in the right direction please. Thank you for the assistance in advance.
    02-16-10 11:39 AM
    If the Jav had 4.6 on it before, us JLCmnder to wipe it first, then it should load.

I'm Hand Javin' baby!
    WAPers do it With A Passion

If everyone spoke Wulfanese�, they wouldn't need to click here for a translation.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-16-10 11:41 AM
    very much appreciated. I will give it a shot when if i can pry it from her hands this week. on a side note, i half of these post for help could be reduced if the lazy carrier simple cut the red tape and get 5.0 in the hands of there customers. if smaller carried can do it why cant the big guys do it.
    02-16-10 01:08 PM
    In theory the major carriers spend a lot more time testing before release. I'd be surprised if a direct DM install would have gone any smoother anyway, and without the OS installed on your system would be a bigger PITA.

I'm Hand Javin' baby!
    WAPers do it With A Passion

If everyone spoke Wulfanese�, they wouldn't need to click here for a translation.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-16-10 01:36 PM
    check out this article

Cannot Install Beta/Other Carrier OS on Your Blackberry? | What's Good Blog - The One Stop Site For Reviews of Everything

this should help. make sure you turn off the internet (unplug ehternet cable, disable wireless network)
    02-16-10 06:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD