My wife and I have blackberries. I have a storm2 and she has a tour. How does DM tell the difference between the two backups? I backed both up yesterday. All I see are dates not anything to separate or tell which is which. Anybody have ideas?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-16-10 07:55 AM
    My wife and I have blackberries. I have a storm2 and she has a tour. How does DM tell the difference between the two backups? I backed both up yesterday. All I see are dates not anything to separate or tell which is which. Anybody have ideas?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I think they are PIN related also.
    02-16-10 08:04 AM
    I believe sting is right about the pin on how the DM can tell between the 2 Blackberrys.

The best way to tell a difference between the 2 would be to create folders for you and your wife and when you do the backups just direct the paths to each folder according to the phone. That way there's no confusion. My boyfriend and I share one computer and that's what we do w/ our backups.
    Last edited by fallenangel808; 02-16-10 at 08:31 AM.
    02-16-10 08:29 AM
    Or you can also rename the backup file name to His or Hers while the Save tab comes up...

The backup file's name defaults by date like this:

(Backup-(2010-02-16).ipd).

I rename the file like this:

(His-Backup-(2010-02-16).ipd) for me
    (Her-Backup-(2010-02-16).ipd) for the wife

That way thy're easy to tell apart from each other.
    02-16-10 10:39 AM
    Ok. I didn't want to mess with the names because I tried to rename one one time and got an error when I tried to reload it. I believe I've lost her contacts
    02-16-10 04:27 PM
    Checked into Google sync this morning and all of her and my contacts were there! We don't have google sync installed but we both have gmail accounts. Is that how google got my contact list? Spooky since I never signed up for the service.
    02-17-10 05:49 AM
    Ok. I didn't want to mess with the names because I tried to rename one one time and got an error when I tried to reload it. I believe I've lost her contacts
    I'm scratching my head on that one, I really don't know how renaming would give you an error, unless you tried to rename the file after saving it! In which case the DM won't be able to recognize it.

You could also backup hers on even days and yours on odd days, that way you'll know which belongs to who!
    02-17-10 12:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD