Can you really change the color of the trackball? I have downloaded the xberrysoft stuff but it didnt work, or maybe i dont know how to use it. but if someone could tell me how to make it pink that is all i want!
    06-10-08 08:19 PM
    Ok........this has been beaten to death on these boards but I will give it another go.

The only Pearl that the software will work with is the 8100. It is the only model with a multi-colored LED. All subsequent Pearls (8110,8120,8130) have a single colored LED. Therefore the software won't work with the newer models. The required hardware simply isn't there.

If you want a pink one you need to pop the trackball out and use a sharpie marker to color the LED to the shade of pink you want. Pretty easy. Or you could get some Post It brand colored page tabs. Get whatever color you want and cut a small piece to stick to the emitter under your trackball. There are numerous threads here that go into more detail. Try a quick search and you will have more than you could possibly want.
    06-10-08 08:27 PM
    ok thank you. i knew about the popping the ball out thing but im too scared to do that.
    06-11-08 07:28 PM
    Popping the ball out really isn't worth it. I did it and took a blue sharpie and colored my LED. My trackball was bluish-purple for a while (because the trackball is not 100% transparent) but after a week or so the color wore off. In terms of putting tape or colored page tabs, I'd be a little worried that those things would melt when the trackball light is on for too long.

As for popping the ball out, it's really not that hard. Just don't disassemble the trackball once it pops out.
    06-11-08 11:11 PM
    oh crap i just paid to download a colored trackball but couldn't figure out how to change the color through the bb device options. The website claims the BB 8130 was a compatible device, what should I do now??

I am new to this so please bare with me.
    06-12-08 01:00 AM
    oh crap i just paid to download a colored trackball but couldn't figure out how to change the color through the bb device options. The website claims the BB 8130 was a compatible device, what should I do now??

I am new to this so please bare with me.

Website was wrong.........

Just put it under lessons learned.
    06-12-08 02:51 PM
    actually website was not wrong. The software works on 8130 so it's compatible. The only problem is that although the software is compatible, the hardware isn't!
    06-13-08 06:43 AM
    actually website was not wrong. The software works on 8130 so it's compatible. The only problem is that although the software is compatible, the hardware isn't!

Well.......if you want to get real technical about it, it says the "Device" is compatible. So while the software is compatible with the OS, the hardware is not. Therefore the "Device" as a whole is not compatible. Ergo, website is incorrect.

Kinda like saying a LS1 Chevy V8 is compatible with an old 78 Ford. It might fit under the hood. It might even run if you hook up a battery and gas lines. But it won't hook up to the tranny without hardware modifications. They aren't compatible......

(just messin with ya)
    06-13-08 08:51 AM
    That analogy was confusing! Lol, can you put it in terms of newton's third law of molecular structure? J/j, I don't think that even exists! Lol.

Remember that websites will say anything to get your money! I always read the third party apps forum and ask questions before I purchase anything.

But I've colored my led and it looks awesome. Two weeks into it and no problems!

Good luck!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-14-08 07:15 AM
    You cannot change the trackball color of a pearl. I hate that.
    06-14-08 08:31 AM
    your all wrong...

its compatible with the device software and hardware... (just not all of it )

you can change the LED just not the ball with "color pear" programs

HA HA HA Noobie wins
    06-14-08 08:59 AM
    Kinda like saying a LS1 Chevy V8 is compatible with an old 78 Ford. It might fit under the hood. It might even run if you hook up a battery and gas lines. But it won't hook up to the tranny without hardware modifications. They aren't compatible......

(just messin with ya)

that is just wrong to even talk about that...

why not put some IPhone guts into a BB while were at it
    06-14-08 09:01 AM
    Can you really change the color of the trackball? I have downloaded the xberrysoft stuff but it didnt work, or maybe i dont know how to use it. but if someone could tell me how to make it pink that is all i want!
    ok I need help on how to download the color trackball on the 8110. Can you help me????
    06-15-08 03:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD