I downloaded opera mini and (maybe because I didn't have the patience to work with it) wasn't impressed. I'm looking for a browser app to "replace" the preinstalled one. I don't care about prices but I'm interested in hearing what the crackberry nation thinks is the best third party browser app and why or why not. Thanks in advance.

Oh and I have a storm2.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-15-10 03:59 PM
    I downloaded opera mini and (maybe because I didn't have the patience to work with it) wasn't impressed. I'm looking for a browser app to "replace" the preinstalled one. I don't care about prices but I'm interested in hearing what the crackberry nation thinks is the best third party browser app and why or why not. Thanks in advance.

Oh and I have a storm2.

I was using Opera mini 4.2 until Sprints os upgrade & now 4.2 won't work so I'm using mini 5 beta 2 & its good but ill be glad when they finish it. I think if you give it more time & get used to the funcionality you'll like mini 5 beta 2. Unfortunately Opera & Bolt are our only 3rd party options. I've given Bolt a chance 2 or 3 times & imo its worse than the native browser

02-15-10 04:55 PM
    Go for Opera Mini 5 Beta 2. Its got one of the better rendering engines around so full web pages render quickly. It has better download capabilities. (it can download larger files than other browsers) However, I think the most significant item is tabbed browsing. It is implemented very well. This is definitely better than the default browser in the majority of tasks. The only gripe I have with it is that the zooming functions can be somewhat finicky, for example it will start a web page zoomed in to reading level rather than full page view. This is definitely better than opera 4.2, bolt and the native browser.

02-15-10 05:04 PM
    Well For me i like the Opera 4.2 More because scrolling on a Page is much smoother Than the latest beta of 5!
    02-15-10 05:11 PM
    Well For me i like the Opera 4.2 More because scrolling on a Page is much smoother Than the latest beta of 5!
    I agree & it functions with BB operating system better, I just wish it would still work on my Sprint Tour since the upgrade to 5.0

02-15-10 05:15 PM
    Opera mini2 b5 for me.

02-15-10 05:24 PM
    opera mini beta is prob the best for u iheard itg oes well with the storm,i tried it on my 9700 but the cursor moves way 2 slow for me
    02-15-10 05:29 PM
    opera mini beta is prob the best for u iheard itg oes well with the storm,i tried it on my 9700 but the cursor moves way 2 slow for me
    The cursor is slow but I use the #2,8,4,6 for scrolling & that works great

02-15-10 05:33 PM
    I would directly Use it If scrolling was much smoother

02-15-10 05:36 PM
    I find that is scrolls better in mobile view. Its not perfect, but its more than manageable.
    Keep in mind that tapping the too right corner sends you right back to the top. Pressing the BB button brings up the address and search bar.

Opera mini 5 is really good if you let go of what you feel a BB browser should be like. It mixes tap and surepress in one. I like it a lot. If they add faster scrolling and screen zooming, this puppy would make me happy for another year.

02-15-10 06:28 PM
    I'm loving Opera beta 5.2. I didn't like it at all at first, but stuck with it for a couple of days and now it's great. I would say it falls into the "anything new blows" category...until you get used to it. Then, anything else blows.
    02-15-10 06:34 PM
    Yeah,

Storm2 also. I love Opera Mini 5 beta 2 also. I was really happy to find out it saves your passwords and credentials to enter websites, however, it sorta just quit doing that for me at some unknown point. Its still a great browser though. You should definitely give it a shot.
    02-15-10 06:34 PM
    Thanks guys. Sounds like I need to give it another try.

02-15-10 06:35 PM
    Opera Mini 5 beta 2...tabbed browsing, renders pages pretty acurately and ALOT faster than default for some pages, nice "Start Page" that lets you have screenshots of you favorite sites, do not need to "click" the screen down, just a tap will do - this feature grew on me, I didn't like it at first, but it definitely makes the phone less noisy when browsing without all the "clicks". I've used Bolt and Opera 4.2 for months/years, but for the Storm2 my favorite is Opera Mini 5 beta 2, by far.
    02-15-10 06:47 PM
    Opera beta 5 for me
    02-15-10 09:31 PM
    using Opera mini beta 5
    02-15-10 11:03 PM
    Does Opera use the Mini Pinch Browsing like the Iphone? I always have people ask me if they can do that on my Storm 2 Im like its not a flipping Iphone!!!
    02-16-10 06:37 AM
    I'm trying the tap in the corner to move down or up a page...but it doesnt work...what am i doing wrong...by the way im in mobile view.

This will help me out a lot, because it takes ages to scroll through some websites.
    02-16-10 07:02 AM
    When trying to enter a web address there is no option for a "/" (backwards slash) am I missing something here?
    02-16-10 08:03 AM

Oh and I have a storm2.

it doesn't work properly on storm 2 because it behaves like an IPHONE app. It's not supposed to go to links without clicking on them but somehow hovering your finger over a link automatically opens the link which makes it very touchy and unpleasant during scrolling.
    02-16-10 08:26 AM
    it doesn't work properly on storm 2 because it behaves like an IPHONE app. It's not supposed to go to links without clicking on them but somehow hovering your finger over a link automatically opens the link which makes it very touchy and unpleasant during scrolling.
    I noticed that and that some of the links are on top of each other. Is there a way to fix that?

02-16-10 10:00 AM
    Thanks guys for all your help

02-16-10 06:20 PM
    I prefer the stock browser to bolt and opera mini... maybe that's just me.
    02-16-10 07:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD