Hey everyone,

I recently upgraded a friends phone to 5.0.419 and since the upgrade her audio sounds so messed up it sounds like the speaker is blown, it sounded normal before the upgrade...

I've had her try it in the music player/games/different ringtones, damn near anything i could think of and it all sounds the same.

just wondering if theres a way to fix this by reloading or by another way.

also calls sound fine so i think there's something with the external speaker

Thanks for the help!
    Last edited by krimzonskies; 02-15-10 at 03:40 PM.
    02-15-10 03:37 PM
    Does it sound normal if you set the volume lower?
    02-16-10 12:09 PM
    nope, volume level has no change, it was sounding fine before the upgrade, and now its hooped.. i could try reloading the os again but i dont really want to that badly lol..
    02-16-10 04:05 PM
    Mine just started doing the same thing out of nowhere!
    02-16-10 09:27 PM
    When I went to 5, I noticed that anything past 7 was distorted. That was a known issue. Yours sounds like yet another issue.

I just lost my speaker entirely out of nowhere

HJ
    02-17-10 08:14 AM
    My sound was extremely loud indeed after moving up to OS5. I have to have my Storm on the "Medium" sound profile or everything is distorted. It's also just as loud as it used to be.
    02-17-10 10:06 AM
    agreed Studio, i'm having the same issue. i can no longer set my sound profile on "loud" since everything sounds very distorted, especially my ringtones! anything "medium" and lower is alright. can't go past #5 on the volume scale. i don't get it.
    02-17-10 08:49 PM
    This is a known issue
    I believe the original poster's issue is different
    02-19-10 09:36 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD