When I try to open VZ Navigator I get the following message, "Could not process your GPS request. Please try again. [1015]"

I have tried a hard reset (battery removal), roaming update (*228 opt. 2), uninstall and reinstall VZ Navigator, without success.

Any other suggestions?
    02-15-10 02:17 PM
    This happens to me if I try to open the app indoors. If I'm outside (i.e., getting a GPS signal), it works. Hope this works for you.
    02-15-10 03:05 PM
    I'm having the same problem. The app worked when it first updated (once), now I get the same message as EMS511 and have tried the same fixes. Veeeerrrryyyy frustrating, especially since I pay for the service and rely on it for my business travels.
    02-18-10 10:32 PM
    Have you checked the settings under Options>Advanced Options>GPS? I believe GPS Services should be set to "Location On"
    02-19-10 06:36 AM
    I am getting this when I try to update facebook status through the "Share" tab. I get a [7001] code at the end of mine. It worked yesterday when i first installed the 5.0 update.
    03-03-10 07:26 AM
    How to downgrade to VZ Navigator V4 from VZ Navigator V5

1. Go to VZNavigator. com, Click on How to Download VZ Navigator. Then Click on Your BlackBerry(All BlackBerry Devices)

2. Go to the bottom of the page and click the ALX

3. Extract the ALX package

4. Hook up your BlackBerry to your computer

5. Run BlackBerry Desktop Manager

6. Add/Remove Programs

7. Browser the ALX package for your model and select the ALX file

8. VZ Navigator will populate Version 4.X.XX

9. Click next to downgrade

10. If doesn't populate, Go back to your phone and Launch VZ Navigator 'Sync with Web'

11. Then Delete VZ Navigator either from you phone or from BlackBerry Desktop Manager

12. After VZ Navigator is removed connect your Blackberry to BlackBerry Desktop Manager

13. Repeat steps 6 through 9

6. Add/Remove Programs

Goodluck! Already did it on my BlackBerry Tour!
    03-04-10 11:55 PM
    When I try to open VZ Navigator I get the following message, "Could not process your GPS request. Please try again. [1015]"

I have tried a hard reset (battery removal), roaming update (*228 opt. 2), uninstall and reinstall VZ Navigator, without success.

Any other suggestions?
    Do u have a network extender? Won't work with one.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-05-10 12:01 AM
    I have the same issue with the 1015 error. Verizon customer service wanted me to replace the Storm2...again. I have the network extender and suspected it. VZ Nav wouldn't work in the house but will work when I'm traveling. Problem is I need to use it in the house sometimes. This started when I upgraded to version 5. Version 4 worked in the house.
    03-23-10 07:44 PM
    How to downgrade to VZ Navigator V4 from VZ Navigator V5

1. Go to VZNavigator. com, Click on How to Download VZ Navigator. Then Click on Your BlackBerry(All BlackBerry Devices)

2. Go to the bottom of the page and click the ALX

3. Extract the ALX package

4. Hook up your BlackBerry to your computer

5. Run BlackBerry Desktop Manager

6. Add/Remove Programs

10. If doesn't populate, Go back to your phone and Launch VZ Navigator 'Sync with Web'

11. Then Delete VZ Navigator either from you phone or from BlackBerry Desktop Manager

12. After VZ Navigator is removed connect your Blackberry to BlackBerry Desktop Manager

13. Repeat steps 6 through 9

6. Add/Remove Programs

Goodluck! Already did it on my BlackBerry Tour!
    I deleting the 6.1 app from my phone and did a hard reset... after going thru the steps you posted I get (No additional applications can be found. Your file might contain applications that already exist in the application list, are not compatible for your device, or have errors.) HELP!!! thanks
    Last edited by Rezwrld; 06-26-10 at 09:35 AM. Reason: error
    06-26-10 09:31 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD