I can be standing with friends and if an email comes in to us, everyone seems to get it right away- whether IPhone, Palm, or Droid- it takes another 10-14 minutes for me to get that same email with my Verizon BB 8830 using BIS. Is this constant delay in getting any type of email to the device the fault of Verizon or Blackberry?
    02-15-10 09:07 AM
    That's weird, because of BB's push e-mail there is hardly any delay. Who is the e-mail provider?
    02-15-10 09:18 AM
    It happens for my MSN account, GMail, and my corporate account (while they have BES, I just use BIS).
    02-15-10 09:25 AM
    The corporate e-mail I can see why there is a delay, but your Gmail and MSN?....
    try deleting the servicebooks for those e-mails and resending the servicebooks by registering the device.
    02-15-10 09:28 AM
    Not sure how to delete "servicebooks".
    02-15-10 09:33 AM
    Your service book are located in options-->advance options and from there you'll find service book. Just open your service book and you find what supermario28 is talking about. If you're not sure what service book is and what it does go to FAQ: Explanation Of Each BlackBerry Service Book Type | BerryReview.com �
    02-15-10 09:45 AM
    thanks, I did find two service books for each of the email accounts.
    02-15-10 10:51 AM
    Ok then you delete them. Press the menu key and select delete.

To register: go to options>advanced options>Host routing table>menu key>register now.

Then you will get the email icons back and try it again. Because there should be no delay on a pop acct...
    02-15-10 12:12 PM
    It happens for my MSN account, GMail, and my corporate account (while they have BES, I just use BIS).

Err, who is on BES? Your friends? Not possible given the devices. Only BB's can be on BES or BIS.

Did resending the service books help?
    02-15-10 12:24 PM
    No, the BES friends are all on a corporate email account. Mine was set up on the BES that they have. The friends are all on the corporate email also with their different devices.
    02-15-10 01:10 PM
    Uh-ow. I followed instructions to delete. and then went through the register now. But no email icon has come back to the dashboard list of icons.
    02-15-10 01:31 PM
    I usually go to where I set the email account up at and hit the menu key and then resend service books.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-15-10 01:49 PM
    Wow, and the MSN.com account I deleted is no longer there on the device, in the service book list nor on the screen.
    02-15-10 01:58 PM
    Resend your Service Books from your BIS page. It's under the Help link.
    02-15-10 02:08 PM
    how do you get into BIS account? It wont let me into that says i must access it on device.
    02-15-10 02:18 PM
    under Service Books, and then "accept a service book" ?
    02-15-10 02:21 PM
    Verizon tech support re-pushed my service books to the device and got me up and running again. Now the HORRIBLE DELAY IN GETTING EMALS:

Verizon tech just sent me to Blackberry tech support who confirmed that their server is set up to "search" for emails and push them every 20 minutes, and that any delay up to that point was perfectly normal. WOW!

A 20 minute delay in getting an email from when it comes to your computers' in-box doesn't seem right when IPhone, Palm, Droids are all close to "real time".
    02-16-10 09:50 AM
    I always get my Yahoo and Mediacom e-mail on my BB before it shows up on my computer on Comcast cable, sometimes 15 minutes or more sooner.
    02-16-10 10:14 AM
    It's probably a RIM issue. Contrary to popular belief, all BIS email services aren't instant push, it depends on the provider. Gmail, yahoo and a few others should be instantly pushed to the device while the rest, including OWA, follow the 15/3 rule. It checks your email server every 15 minutes and then every 3 minutes if it finds one for a total of 15 minutes.
    02-16-10 10:30 AM
    Verizon tech support re-pushed my service books to the device and got me up and running again. Now the HORRIBLE DELAY IN GETTING EMALS:

Verizon tech just sent me to Blackberry tech support who confirmed that their server is set up to "search" for emails and push them every 20 minutes, and that any delay up to that point was perfectly normal. WOW!

A 20 minute delay in getting an email from when it comes to your computers' in-box doesn't seem right when IPhone, Palm, Droids are all close to "real time".
    that tech you talked to should be fired. We have push e-mail.. it does not search for e-mails every 20 mins and send them. If it was set up like that, everyone would be waiting 20 minutes for e-mails.. your the only 1 like this. I get my e-mails faster on my Blackberry then the computer can.
    02-16-10 12:12 PM

Does any one at your work have that same issue?
    02-16-10 12:19 PM
    that tech you talked to should be fired. We have push e-mail.. it does not search for e-mails every 20 mins and send them. If it was set up like that, everyone would be waiting 20 minutes for e-mails.. your the only 1 like this. I get my e-mails faster on my Blackberry then the computer can.
    Like I said, it's provider dependent. Someone who is connecting to corporate email using owa on the simple BIS plan will in fact see a delay while BES users won't.
    02-16-10 12:29 PM
    When I was on zoomtown email it took me 15 minutes to get emails. Soon as I switched to a gmail account I would get them about 3 seconds after someone sent me one.
    02-16-10 02:18 PM
    I also have found it varies by provider. I have RoadRunner as my ISP / E-Mail provider and the delay in delivering items to my BB can be up to 15 minutes. My BES items usually arrive on my device before they show up in my inBox.
    02-16-10 02:48 PM
    I've been having this problem since the beginning of january: Some days email will work fine. Others, I'll have anywhere from a 10 minutes to 5 hour delay. I've tried every trick in the book (delete & re-add email account, resend service books, do a dance in the moonlight) and nothing works. Verizon says it's not their problem, RIM says it's not their problem, Google says it's not their problem (gmail accounts).

Right now, it's 5pm and I haven't gotten any emails on my BB since 1PM. Verizon says "no problem on our end, have you tried a battery pull?" (yes, and thanks.)

My next step will probably be to reinstall my OS...
    02-16-10 04:08 PM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD