From Nathanix Blackberry Resource • View topic - Nathanix 8330 5.0.0.438 Hybrid V4 RELEASED!

Well, V4 took a lot less time and work than V3 and the benefits seem to be much greater. I always love when I can get more for less! This build is proving to be the best yet. Speed is the word for this build. The testing also shows that this build is more stable than the other builds in terms of memory. There will be certain apps that are going to leak and there is nothing that we can do about that so please make sure that you don't have a leaky app before you start bashing on us for that statement.

Again, thank you to all of our loyal Nathanix hybrid users! We do this for you.

As always the package is pre-shrunk and if you are familiar with our hybrids you know what to do. If you are not, please visit the tutorials at the bottom of the post to help walk you through. Make sure you follow all steps as the first question we will ask if you have trouble is, did you follow the tutorial

Bonus Files included into the Hybrid!
    Make sure you pull the files out of their folders!
    RIM Twitter App (Brand NEW)
    Bolt Browser 1.7 (Brand NEW)
    Facebook
    Opera Mini 5 Beta 2
    CaptureIt
    Google Maps
    Google Talk
    Pandora
    and more...

8330 5.0.0.438 Hybrid V4.0
    THIS HYBRID WILL ONLY WORK ON A STANDARD 8330, WILL NOT WORK ON A 8330m.

Please let us know if you find any bugs. We will try to address issues as soon as we can and as best we can, but please be patient. Major issues we will address immediately, but minor issues will be included in either a maintenance build or the next hybrid. Please post the "system read.txt" file from a BBSAK or MCP system read if you have issues so that we can compare your files to what is supposed to be installed.

A huge thanks to our entire hybrid team on this thing. We could never have done it without everyone's help!
    njaremka (Nik)
    mininash13 (Andrew)
    jstaime (JJJSA)
    Fender (Mike Schmidt)
    Phil (Phil)

Tutorials
    Installing Your Hybrid OS Nathanix Blackberry Resource • View topic - Nathanix Hybrid Installation
    Customizing your Hybrid OS Nathanix Blackberry Resource • View topic - How to Customize Your Hybrid OS
    BBSAKK Broken Down Nathanix Blackberry Resource • View topic - BlackBerry Swiss Army Knife (BBSAK) Broken Down

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    If you think we are doing a great job with these hybrids and you enjoy running them, please consider donating. Even if it is just some spare change you find in the couch. We have never been paid for doing these and we don't expect to, but John hosts this wonderful community for us and all money donated goes right to helping host the site and our hybrids. Thanks.

Nathanix Hybrid Staff
    Last edited by sambowomble; 02-15-10 at 08:40 AM.
    02-15-10 08:27 AM
    loading now
    02-15-10 08:40 AM
    !!!CAUTION!!!

RIM Twitter App (Brand NEW)
    Bolt Browser 1.7 (Brand NEW)
    Facebook
    Opera Mini 5 Beta 2

These are missing but the Nathanix team are repairing this ASAP.
    02-15-10 08:45 AM
    follow the instructions, and enjoy our latest creation!

if any issues come up, we will do our best to remedy them. we try to cover all aspect of the build, but sometimes we miss some things.
    02-15-10 09:14 AM
    i am getting a "net_rim_blackberry_secureemail_" thing missing
    Last edited by xp_robert; 02-15-10 at 09:55 AM.
    02-15-10 09:50 AM
    xp_robert, visit the nathanix site again, v4 was republished by the admin because it was missing some extras.
    02-15-10 10:20 AM
    awesome. best ive had yet
    02-15-10 10:24 AM
    k thank you for the info.
    02-15-10 10:28 AM
    Get this, nathanix's site is already planning for a v5??? excellence can only get more excellent!
    02-15-10 10:28 AM
    got everything working
    02-15-10 11:23 AM
    I gotta wait until i get off work :-(
    02-15-10 12:16 PM
    is there a korean language support here?
    02-15-10 01:41 PM
    is there a korean language support here?
    all the original foreign language support files from the original boost mobile 428 install files are included in the hybrid package. if there was korean support in the original file, then there is korean support in the hybrid package.

make sure you follow the installation instructions in order to get the files to your device.
    02-15-10 02:05 PM
    Works great very fast and memory leak not as bad. Thanks to all that worked on this Nathanix 8330 hybrids are the best you can find. I have ran everyone they have put out and have to say this one is the best to date. Keep up the great work and thank you all again.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-15-10 02:54 PM
    Now just waiting for vzw to update their service books for bbmaps. I like having that working, even that it is not the best. Still helps out when lost. Lol

02-15-10 03:02 PM
    How much better is this than the v3???? Thinking of slapping this on the wifes phone when I get home... Let's hear it fellas!!!
    02-15-10 03:50 PM
    I know this question gets asked every time a new hybrid is released, but is Opera Mini 4.2 working properly? I see that Opera Mini 5 Beta is included but that is too laggy on my Curve to even use.
    02-15-10 05:13 PM
    nathanix, i just want you to know your hybrids are amazing, id use them over the boost any day, keep up the great work, your gonna go far man.
    02-15-10 06:00 PM
    Super quick.... i really like v3 and I feel there may be a slight speed increase once v4 settles in. Running with a very slight memory leak, but could be just the apps i'm using...*facebook,opera 5, beweather, etc.* I suggest anybody upgrade to this or wait about a week for V5.... should be another upgrade to newer os 5 files
    02-15-10 07:43 PM
    I find something in the sms text that I think is something that RIM missed. I was going though the smiley face in sms and noticed that above the Whew! It said Straight face and above the Straight face is said Whew! Lol.
    Wonder if there is any other little things like that out of place? Lol

02-15-10 08:40 PM
    Supposed to receive a new Curve from VZW today in the mail. I am installing this first thing!
    02-16-10 04:12 AM
    wow. this one is really good. i've had a constant memory leak on all my 5.0 builds, particularly the boost mobile based ones... this is the first one that's held steady. rebooted last night at 35mb, still holding at 31+. Generally each morning when I'd check I'd be down to 25 or lower. Very nice.
    02-16-10 07:29 AM
    Getting ready to fire this up. Can't wait!
    02-16-10 09:50 AM
    When you upgrade is there anyway to save your favorities/bookmarks within each app? For instance, every time I upgrade I need to redo all of my fav web pages within Bolt and fav places within Google Maps.
    02-16-10 11:27 AM
    When you upgrade is there anyway to save your favorities/bookmarks within each app? For instance, every time I upgrade I need to redo all of my fav web pages within Bolt and fav places within Google Maps.
    not that i know of. so, i created a memopad entry that has all of my file settings in it. that way, at least i have them saved some where.
    02-16-10 01:05 PM
76 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD