It's out! http://www.boltbrowser.com

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-15-10 01:46 AM
    Yep, was just using bolt and it told me to upgrade. Have had a chance to see differences yet.

02-15-10 02:04 AM
    Widgets are released. Testing some out right now.
    02-15-10 02:13 AM
    Widgets are released. Testing some out right now.
    Widgets? What would widgets do for a mobile browser? Just curious.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    02-15-10 03:26 AM
    its with same crap UI
    02-15-10 04:14 AM
    Web apps suck... Very unconducive to use. Maybe this is a feature aimed at non-BB users
    02-15-10 04:35 AM
    I agree : widgets are a kind of useless additions to BOLT, as far as the BlackBerry platform is concerned. Except that, I don't see many improvements, but it's still very fast and smooth, which is the most important
    02-15-10 06:17 AM
    I just tried this again. It is not appreciably faster than the default BB browser.
    Not a fan. Coming off.
    02-15-10 08:55 AM
    I still have 1.04 because the last update I tried did not work well with my pearl. Anyone with a pearl having problems?

02-15-10 09:00 AM
    The integrated Twitter says "Could not authenticate you."

02-15-10 09:39 AM
    This update needs to be patched , the facebook site is broken on it , can no longer play Mafia wars , video streaming still sucks , its not faster , and keeps getting stuck at 20% , or getting an uncaught error.

02-15-10 09:53 AM
    Widgets definitely suck. Bolt is still my fav browser, however.

02-15-10 09:56 AM
    Whats difference with Bolt and normal Browser ?

This gonna sound so beginner isnt it.
    02-15-10 10:07 AM
    Lol... Well the blackberry browser, while great for viewing mobile sites absolutely sucks when it comes to loading a full site that doesn't have a mobile version. I typically use bolt to browse these full sites and I stick to the bb browser for mobile browsing. Bolt loads these sites a lot faster.

02-15-10 10:11 AM
    From everyones posts so far it sounds like this update doesn't do much for us. I use Opera all the time and love it. I've tried using Bolt with every update they released, and have deleted in within ten minutes, it has always sucked on my Storm and Tour.

So is there anything so great about this update that I should try again. Or should I not even waste my time?
    02-15-10 10:13 AM
    Odd, I thought the video streaming was improved. I tried videos on the CNN, ESPN, and the normal YouTube sites and had better results than in previous versions.

I know Bolt doesn't look at pretty as Opera Mini 5 but the functionality and desktop-like browsing is better, IMHO.
    02-15-10 10:46 AM
    For some reason it will not downlaod for me. Keeps saying download failed.

02-15-10 01:44 PM
    Can anyone plz post .alx /.cod files of bolt 1.7 ...
    as i m unable to download it OTA.........

Last edited by uniquejain; 02-15-10 at 03:03 PM.
    02-15-10 02:37 PM
    Downloaded, I like the way it renders pages but its not much faster than the BB browser so its back to mini beta.

My 5.0 BB def browser actually loads full pages good, just takes about double opera which BLOWS.

02-15-10 03:05 PM
    Holy ****, am I the only person who sees how awful the default font choice is for this? It's some Courier New looking abortion that makes everything reminiscence of early 1999 web design. Aside from the very, very poorly implemented youtube support this thing renders pages slower then Opera, lacks the polish, feel and UI implementation of it and just is yucky in general. Stick to opera.
    02-15-10 05:09 PM
    Holy ****, am I the only person who sees how awful the default font choice is for this? It's some Courier New looking abortion that makes everything reminiscence of early 1999 web design. Aside from the very, very poorly implemented youtube support this thing renders pages slower then Opera, lacks the polish, feel and UI implementation of it and just is yucky in general. Stick to opera.

forget the font choice it's so damn small lol I had to up it a few
    02-15-10 05:27 PM
    Their font choice is the main reason that I will not use Bolt. I cannot stand that crappy font. I will stick with Opera Mini.

02-15-10 05:42 PM
    Hi,

I have a BB Curve 8330 OS 4.5. Would Opera Mini 5 Beta work on my Curve 8330...or should I stick with Opera mini 4.2? I have used Bolt but I have to agree with some others.....the font stinks!!.
    02-15-10 05:51 PM
    Have to say, this version is worse than the previous version and I didn't think that was possible. Bolt is NOT faster than Opera or BB browser. It might be faster to 20%, but definitely not to 100% loaded!
    02-15-10 07:21 PM
    BOLT has been the the biggest disappointment with the most promise. It just doesn't work well for me. It's faster than the BB browser, but not as fast as Opera Mini. It renders some Web sites better than Opera Mini, but is slower navigating around the page, and for some reason they just refuse to add a single column view to this browser. The only way to browse full sites is to scroll left and right. Every time they update it I try it, then stop using it until the next update.
    02-15-10 08:35 PM
49 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD