Made BY A STORM 2 USER FOR A STORM 2 USER! FOR ALL STORMS ! 95X0

YOU WILL LOVE THIS HYBRID! :-)

Fast Browser, GREAT CLICK and Great battery life --- and NO keyboard lag !

The Links are below! 2 links now...Shrunk and UnShrunk Versions!

Shrunk Version has the "Removed Files" Folder so you may add what you want.

UN-Shrunk Version has all languages, etc. Also comes with "Shrink-an-OS" program! (Thanx Lyricidal)

The downloaded file is a self-extracting .exe file so you way extract it to where you JAVA Folder already is and overwrite or just extract it to your Desktop then overwrite the JAVA Folder yourself ---Un-Shrunk version will have Shrink-An-Os app.

SHRUNK --- MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service

UN-SHRUNK --- MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service

This is the Full .484 JAVA

17 - .464 Files
    5 - .459 Files
    1 - .451 Files
    3 - .436 Files

Base to Use:

9520 users: 436
    9550 users: 428

9530 users: 419
    9500 users: 451

Please Report any issues at all!

Thanks ,

Christian!
    Last edited by tank244; 02-15-10 at 12:11 AM.
    02-14-10 02:11 AM
    seriously....proof? files list? anywhy is this better than 428? what about the other 234525 hybrids out there?
    02-14-10 02:14 AM
    .428 is the Base, ans thats about it....

.428 was a sub-par OS -- battery life was terrible and the browser was slow not to mention the keyboard lag ---

But your right, there are a bunch of Hybrids out there --- you might want to try this one out though, I really think you'll be happy with it. It's fast, no Keyboard Lg -- battery life is great and the browser is much better --- install it -- do your 3 battery pulls and let it settle in, I think youll love it!
    02-14-10 02:31 AM
    lol i dont need hybrids dude, i get 1-2% hour battery drain on 428 as it is. battery life is just fine IMO. memory holds steady for days. i dont have keyboard lag either.

Browser isnt fast i agree, but no RIM browser will be until they release the new webkit
    02-14-10 02:44 AM
    lol i dont need hybrids dude, i get 1-2% hour battery drain on 428 as it is. battery life is just fine IMO. memory holds steady for days. i dont have keyboard lag either.

Browser isnt fast i agree, but no RIM browser will be until they release the new webkit
    We'll. That's cool, happy for you man. I made this for the rest of us users who don't like 320 and 428. Why read about a new hybrid and bring negativity if you don't have any interest in one? Anyway, I hear there's a new official OS dropping at the end of the month. Try that out at least.

Night

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-14-10 03:04 AM

I know you've always been a firm believer in hybrids not working, but you really should try some of the latest ones before putting them down.

I'm using Oneofakind's .484 V2 and it is VERY apparent that it is better than straight .428. The most noticeable difference is the instant locking. You have to try it to see. Battery life and memory management has been improved too. Click even feels better. Trust me on this.

I'm sure Tank's hybrid is the same idea.
    02-14-10 03:30 AM
    We'll. That's cool, happy for you man. I made this for the rest of us users who don't like 320 and 428. Why read about a new hybrid and bring negativity if you don't have any interest in one? Anyway, I hear there's a new official OS dropping at the end of the month. Try that out at least.

Night

Agreed man. Thanks for the efforts your putting into making this hybrid and posting it for everyone. Much appreciated.
    02-14-10 03:31 AM
    Have installed and done 3 battery pulls. I'm trying out as well as letting it settle in. So far, no problems.
    02-14-10 07:06 AM
    Sounds good guys! Its tough being a new (hybrid) guy !

:-)

02-14-10 07:38 AM
    Made BY A STORM 2 USER FOR A STORM 2 USER!

Been working on this for a while now, I'm sure you will all love it!

Fast Browser, GREAT CLICK and Great battery life --- and NO keyboard lag !

The Link is Below--- it's Shrunk, however, in the Java folder there is another folder with Removed items that you may add.

The downloaded file is a self-extracting .exe file so you way extract it to where you JAVA Folder already is and overwrite or just extract it to your Desktop then overwrite the JAVA Folder yourself ---

This is the Full .484 JAVA

17 - .464 Files
    5 - .459 Files
    1 - .451 Files
    1 - .436 Files

Base to Use:

9520: 436
    9550: 428

MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service

Please Report any issues at all!

Thanks ,

Christian!

What Browser .CODS do you have installed in this hybrid?
    02-14-10 09:34 AM
    Im going to go ahead and try this..waiting for seanrens v6 is killing me I can't stand the keyboard lag on v5..guess it wont hurt to give this a shot..Ill let ya know what I find Tank...
    02-14-10 09:40 AM
    What Browser .CODS do you have installed in this hybrid?
    .484 Browser cods are being used except for one of them. Unfortunately the 464 browser doesn't work with 484. 464 is. Def my favorite!

02-14-10 10:02 AM
    Im going to go ahead and try this..waiting for seanrens v6 is killing me I can't stand the keyboard lag on v5..guess it wont hurt to give this a shot..Ill let ya know what I find Tank...
    Yeah, I hate keyboard lag myself. Here's what everybody needs to understand.... There's really 1 keyboard COD file out there that works best or will even work at all with these hybrids and that's the .451 virtual keyboard .cod. Lag is determined by many things but in short, its finding the best mix of cods that work together to prevent this. I even wanted to use the cod from .320 with other peoples hybrids but it won't work with these newer builds ha.

Honestly, I've tried all these hybrids and love some of them. I know this sounds biased but this hybrid I built gives me the least keyboard lag, even when typing to a response on the crackberry mobile site guys!

Appreciate you guys giving me a shot!

02-14-10 10:10 AM
    Awesome, loading it up now..first thing I notice is it taking a long long time for the initial load..white download bar keeps getting stuck but its moving..ever so slightly lol...
    02-14-10 10:17 AM
    thanks for the hard work!!!
    will have to give it a go tomorrow.
    02-14-10 11:16 AM
    thanks for the hard work!!!
    will have to give it a go tomorrow.
    No worries! Very normal! Its like a fine wine ha !

02-14-10 11:21 AM
    I guarntee you all will love this hybrid, give it a shot!

02-14-10 11:42 AM
    Hey, I'm kinda n00b in hybrid, actuallly I don't know anything about it.
    1.What "hybrid" actually is, and what does this word stand for?
    2.I assume it's kinda like better version of official OS, just improved by ordinary people, that know alot about programming, so what are the differences?
    3.Are there any risks of installing hybrid on your phone?
    02-14-10 12:08 PM
    Curious to see how this compares to Seanren and OOAKDPC hybrids. I just downloaded the 484 v2 OOAKDPC hybrid last night and its working wonderfully.
    02-14-10 12:39 PM
    Hey, I'm kinda n00b in hybrid, actuallly I don't know anything about it.
    1.What "hybrid" actually is, and what does this word stand for?
    2.I assume it's kinda like better version of official OS, just improved by ordinary people, that know alot about programming, so what are the differences?
    3.Are there any risks of installing hybrid on your phone?
    1. Hybrid is essentially that, a mix of different files from different Blackberry OS. For the touchscreen, its files from the Storms, but for others it could from Tours, Bolds, etc. Combine the best of each to get the ultimate OS. That's the goal.

2. Nothing is programmed. Files are already created, its just what files you load improve or decrease performance.

3. Risk of installing hybrid. Like an OS, you can run into problems. Usually less if they're foreseen. Your carrier probably won't help you if you're installing hybrids, but you can always reinstall the .320 base OS if you want (See "Bricking your BB"). There is the chance that you brick your phone, but theres a solution to fixing that.
    02-14-10 12:45 PM
    Does that hybrid had the gmail plug in shrunk out? Keyboard lag is annoying on my v4 of seanrens and I was waiting for v6 to drop but if they has no keyboard lag, I'm willing to give it a shot lol
    02-14-10 02:04 PM
    Does that hybrid had the gmail plug in shrunk out? Keyboard lag is annoying on my v4 of seanrens and I was waiting for v6 to drop but if they has no keyboard lag, I'm willing to give it a shot lol
    Yes gmail is shrunk out, but when you extract the java it comes with a folder with all the removed cods which you can add yourself like I did for another program.
    02-14-10 02:19 PM
    Yes gmail is shrunk out, but when you extract the java it comes with a folder with all the removed cods which you can add yourself like I did for another program.
    Hmm well fair enough. I guess I'll give it a go since I don't have to dig around for the gmail cods haha. Backing up stuff and we'll see. ^_^
    02-14-10 02:20 PM
    I'd like to try this out, but there were a couple issues I had with previous hybrids that I want to ask if they were addressed. The keyboard was one of them. I have auto-correct turned off, and I noticed that with some hybrids I tried, the auto-correct would turn itself back on at random. I'd go into "language and text input" in the settings, and the actual settings would be pretty screwed up. I'd have to reset everything...no big deal except that in the near future...auto-correct was AGAIN active. Does this new hybrid take care of that?

Also...is Blackberry Maps actually there with this hybrid? The last one I tried which I believe was the .451 hybrid. BB Maps had disappeared, and I couldn't do a thing to get it back.
    02-14-10 02:24 PM
    I'd like to try this out, but there were a couple issues I had with previous hybrids that I want to ask if they were addressed. The keyboard was one of them. I have auto-correct turned off, and I noticed that with some hybrids I tried, the auto-correct would turn itself back on at random. I'd go into "language and text input" in the settings, and the actual settings would be pretty screwed up. I'd have to reset everything...no big deal except that in the near future...auto-correct was AGAIN active. Does this new hybrid take care of that?

Also...is Blackberry Maps actually there with this hybrid? The last one I tried which I believe was the .451 hybrid. BB Maps had disappeared, and I couldn't do a thing to get it back.
    BB MAPS is there, you will be able to select the check box in APP Loader and also, in regards to the auto-correct --- I havent experienced that at all! i think you will be all set my man ! Youll enjoy this!

Keyboard lag isnt present --- now of course if you are downloading then installing an App in the background with App World while typing an email it might lag a bit but thats par for the course. :-) So in short, no....no abnormal lag with the keyboard!

THe only thing that takes a bit longer is the actual installation, the loading screen is a little slower but I compare it to a fine wine, over time its worth it !
    Last edited by tank244; 02-14-10 at 03:12 PM.
    02-14-10 03:09 PM
73 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD