So originally bought a new Curve in August of 2008. Time goes on and now I want to get a new Tour since my 18month upgrade time frame is now. But the problem is that when i talked to my "knowledgeable" US Cellular employee they said I wasnt able to because in March of last year we switched the contract from my fathers name to my mother because her business give us a 10% or 15% on our bill. So they see it as we signed 4 new contracts March of 2009. Should that be right or should be from the original date in August 08?

Thanks.
    02-13-10 05:37 PM
    It doesn't matter when you signed your last contract...contract dates and phone upgrade dates do not necessarily have to coincide. You are eligible for new equipment 18 months after your last upgrade regardless of when you signed your new contract.
    02-13-10 10:17 PM
    yep, you should be able to get a new phone. canceling your plan is another story. you have a 2 year contract from when you re-signed but uscc's rule is new hardware every 18 months irregardless of when you sign.

although, I have a friend that canceled early, paid his early termination fee and went to another carrier. then he came back to uscc becuse of bad reception. he used his old curve until the tour was released and got it for free durring black friday weekend (less than 18 months from getting his curve).

I paid $150 after rebate for my tour because i wasnt eligible for my phone yet when it was free (black friday). he payed less for his tour(early cancelation fee pro-rated and free phone) than i did waiting 3 more months to be eligible to get mine.

rest assured. If uscc has a black friday next year, I will be canceling this time and getting a newer blackberry.....If one exists. USCC, please dont read this and up your ETF
    02-19-10 04:27 PM
    I've heard it as the way the OP stated. When I had my first ever contract through US Cellular I had to do it under my mom's name who had better credit at the time, otherwise it was a $300 deposit. I had to have the last four of her social to make any changes to the contract even though the bill showed up to my address under my name.

When time came to change it over to my name it was a whole new contract and therefore back to zero on the months even though I had the same phone.

Note of interest: At my local US Cellular corporate store you can reneg your contract and get a new phone even if it's only been 12 months so just do that. That way you only pay something like $40 for the remainder 6 months (basing that off of me having to pay $80 to kill the rest of my two year contract when I was sitting at 12 months).
    02-19-10 05:47 PM
    Again, contract date and eligible equipment upgrade date are not necessarily the same dates.
    02-19-10 06:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD