hey guys new to blackberry. i recently purchased a storm 2 and i am not in love with it. I enjoy the blackberry aspect but not digging the touch screen. Well I only have until March 5 to choice to stay with the storm 2 or get the tour. my wife has the tour and i really like it alot better. I talked to verizon customer service today and he said i should just go with the tour becuase there is no way the tour 2 will be out by march 5. You guys agree should i just get the tour. Need some assistance. Thanks
    02-13-10 10:32 AM
    One thing I wouldn't do is believe what a CSR told you. I am sure they want to move as many Tours as possible before the Tour 2's show up
    02-13-10 10:36 AM
    i'm still thinking late march release...

If you really wanted to wait for the tour 2, you can return your storm and use your old phone until the T2 release. you will still have your upgrade. Of course we don't know when that will be, but if you really need a different phone now, I would just go with the tour...
    02-13-10 10:38 AM
    One thing I wouldn't do is believe what a CSR told you. I am sure they want to move as many Tours as possible before the Tour 2's show up
    agree with ya here.. I wouldn't believe a word they say to you. They want to move out the T1s as much as possible, that is pretty obvious.
    02-13-10 10:56 AM
    The Storm 2 is not for everyone-I love mine and never had problems since the release date but like Mike3636 said, if you really want the Tour 2, return the S2 and just use your old phone for now. If you decide to get a Tour, and the Tour 2 does come out soon you may not be able to do the worry free guarantee again and have to pay the full price for the Tour 2
    02-13-10 10:59 AM
    I wouldnt waste an upgrade on a tour1. You can pritty much buy them for loose pocket change and some dryer lint right now anyway.
    02-13-10 11:01 AM
    I'll be at the verizon store in an hour so I'll have to see what they tell me when I return the droid and tell them ill be waiting for the tour 2. I gaurantee they try and convince me to buy the tour 1. Ill repost when I get back haha

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-13-10 11:20 AM
    i'm still thinking late march release...

If you really wanted to wait for the tour 2, you can return your storm and use your old phone until the T2 release. you will still have your upgrade. Of course we don't know when that will be, but if you really need a different phone now, I would just go with the tour...
    It's pretty obvious to me that Verizon has decided to punt until the 2 year window has passed since the launch of the 8330. It launched on Alltel May 1, 2008 and I think VZ was either the same day or the same week. I think VZ must have blown the negotiations with Apple and is just going to go with the current lineup, so why rush a phone into the market that's going to be a primary replacement/upgrade from the millions who bought the Curve in 2008. Sad, but true- by the time we get the Tour2, my wife will have had the equivalent phone from TMobile for over a year and none of this will change until LTE is launched in at least 2 years. CDMA sucks for us!

02-13-10 11:28 AM
    Surf3r,
    The Droid was originally my first choice, but after playing with it in the store on several occasions, I gave up and decided not to even take it for a serious test drive, waiting instead for the T2. Never expected to still be waiting nearly 3 months later. Please let us know what the rep says, for whatever his or her comment is worth.
    Thanks,
    ST
    02-13-10 11:28 AM
    I say go with the Tour. I've been through 4 Storms & they finally gave me a FRU Tour yesterday. I'm never getting a touchscreen phone again... That's just my opinion, u do what feels right.
    02-13-10 11:38 AM
    I wen tin today asked about a new blackberry. The rep said oh you mean the Tour2? Yeah it should be here early march.
    02-13-10 11:50 AM
    Its really silly to even put a time frame on this phone, I can't even understand why anybody wants to guess on a date like April on May or June. The thing is they are not gonna release this phone until the 5.0 OS is out on the 9630. The 9650 has been built boxed and sitting in a warehouse somewhere. Verizon nor Sprint is the least bit worried about this phone because the are breaking the 9630 off in everybody that walks in because they won't be able to push the trackball phone out the door at the price they can now. To sell a t1 with the t2 sitting next to it on the shelf and not have a massive price break on the t1 because of his history and problems with the ball and instead get a up to date pad without problems. They are gonna make what money back they can on the t1 before the t2 comes. It could come any day or any week, this is why they are not talking about it publicly, because who is gonna by a t1 with RIM/Verizon/Sprint saying its gonna be a better version of this out in a week. They are not gonna tell there CSR's their store managers or any low ranking people....why? They loose money on the T1 with ton of them sitting in a warehouse. If Verizon is telling every person that call, just to wait till FEB **th then people will wait and wont make what they need to on the T1. It can come out ANY DAY, its all marketing strategy so the don't loose their @$$ on what they have in stock. There are tons of sources on the internet and twitter, multiple sources confirmed that Feb 3rd with a likely delay of 7 days was the day it would be release, not just Sal and SauceX. Reason for delay, 5.0 OS....which Verizon in known for dragging their feet on, plus possible high stock of T1 .
    Last edited by Jeffy294; 02-13-10 at 11:53 AM. Reason: I am a *****
    02-13-10 11:50 AM
    look guys i work at verizon and i havent heard a thing internally about the tour2and for the most part we do device training a few weeks before they come out and this guy has until March 5 so if its a upgrade i would return it pay the $35 restock fee and hold out for tour2 if it not a upgrade but new activation keep the storm and ebay it when the tour2 come out and use the money towards the purchase of the tour2
    02-13-10 11:51 AM
    you wouldn't pay a restocking fee if you're simply returning it and reactivating your old phone...
    02-13-10 12:22 PM
    you wouldn't pay a restocking fee if you're simply returning it and reactivating your old phone...
    No you still pay it. Your restocking the phone.
    02-13-10 12:24 PM
    I'm betting they'll still offer the original Tour at a cheaper price until they're gone. The other thing is that Tour 2 may not come in a version without a camera too, so the Tour may stick around for a long time (ala 8830).

02-13-10 12:37 PM
    I'm betting they'll still offer the original Tour at a cheaper price until they're gone. The other thing is that Tour 2 may not come in a version without a camera too, so the Tour may stick around for a long time (ala 8830).

According to the inventory screenshots there will be a no camera version. But the way info has been wishy washy on this phone you can't say 100%. They wil l sell the T1 at full regular price as long as they can delay the T2, then I am sure they will discount it, but not until they have to.
    02-13-10 12:40 PM

It does come in a version without the camera. That's a must in today's business environment.
    Last edited by Monty2004; 02-13-10 at 12:45 PM. Reason: bad typing
    02-13-10 12:45 PM
    juz wait for the T2
    02-13-10 01:27 PM
    I should have mentioned in the first post that this was an early upgrade. My contract didn't orginally end until next year but if i upgraded to a smartphone with data plan i could do it this year. So i don't think I can return and wait for tour 2 becuase it was a limited time offer.
    02-13-10 02:17 PM
    Ok so I just got back and swapped out the Droid. No new news here however as all the rep said when I mentioned and asked about the Tour 2 was "No, we don't find out about new phones until about a week before they are released".
    Now I'm stuck with an old 8830 and I can't wait to get rid of it and this trackball... ugh. I played with the Tour and really liked it, except for the trackball(!). Cannot wait for this 9650 to drop.
    02-13-10 03:55 PM
    hey guys new to blackberry. i recently purchased a storm 2 and i am not in love with it. I enjoy the blackberry aspect but not digging the touch screen. Well I only have until March 5 to choice to stay with the storm 2 or get the tour. my wife has the tour and i really like it alot better. I talked to verizon customer service today and he said i should just go with the tour becuase there is no way the tour 2 will be out by march 5. You guys agree should i just get the tour. Need some assistance. Thanks
    This thread name should have been followed by - so says a CSR I spoke to. Meh

02-13-10 04:03 PM
    Ok so I just got back and swapped out the Droid. No new news here however as all the rep said when I mentioned and asked about the Tour 2 was "No, we don't find out about new phones until about a week before they are released".
    Now I'm stuck with an old 8830 and I can't wait to get rid of it and this trackball... ugh. I played with the Tour and really liked it, except for the trackball(!). Cannot wait for this 9650 to drop.
    Yeah it is cool. I decided to wait for it again. I change my mind a lot. I need to get some fresh air.
    02-13-10 04:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD