I know the phone is still new but I wonder when they will come out with a new one. Will they fix the key board problem? That's one of the things that holding me up on this phone. Just wondering
    02-13-10 03:40 AM
    What keyboard problem?

I have used both keyboards without issue
    02-13-10 08:13 AM
    yeah,. I have no problem with either keyboard either, nor have I heard of anyone having any problems.
    02-13-10 08:44 AM
    I think the problem is between the keyboard and his chair.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-13-10 08:54 AM
    If he is actually talking about the droid, I love the keyboard now. at first it was hard to use. but now i can type on it with my eyes closed. i hardly use the onscreen keyboard anymore.

plus "talk to me keyboard" app enables auto correction, spelling correction and prediction.
    02-13-10 09:40 AM
    I have typed a little on the key board and I didn't like it. That's the reason I passed on the phone. I don't know why I just assumed that everyone felt the same way I did. oh wait, it was 1:40 in the morning, lol my bad!

Does anyone know around the time they plan on improving the phone (in a year maybe)? like droid 2?
    02-13-10 10:17 AM
    I have typed a little on the key board and I didn't like it. That's the reason I passed on the phone. I don't know why I just assumed that everyone felt the same way I did. oh wait, it was 1:40 in the morning, lol my bad!
    That's the thing, it takes a while to get used to the keyboard.

For some, a few weeks. For me, it was the other way around, I got used to using the virtual keyboard. Now I never use the physical keyboard, except when I boot into recovery mode to load custom roms.
    02-13-10 11:49 AM
    I never use the physical keyboard. It feels off centered to me. JMO. I always use the virtual keyboard. This is the perfect phone for the. The physical keyboard is so minor to my that I don't really focus on it like that.
    02-13-10 11:17 PM
    I have absolutely no problems with the physical keyboard. I type just as fast on that keyboard as I do on my Bold 9000s keyboard, and the Bolds keyboard is awesome. It takes a little while to get used to but once you do you can fly on it.
    02-14-10 09:29 AM
    What's funny is that I was able to type fast on the keyboard the minute I started using my Droid four weeks ago. I never once had trouble typing on it. In fact, I think I type better on it than I do on the virtual keyboard. I really think a lot of people over exaggerate too much about the Droid's keyboard being bad. Its keyboard is even better than the one that was on my BB IMO.
    Exactly. I never had any problems with it to begin with, besides the first time I saw the devices and was like "Wow this keyboard looks like it sucks". But of course like everything else, you get better over time, even if you were good to begin with.
    02-14-10 10:08 AM
    Well, as someone that actually types a lot and does do a lot of email on my phone...

I love this phone. But, coming from chicklet KB BB's, the Droid's keyboards suck. Virtual and physical.Thank God for swype. And that is it's own frustraing experience itself if you use uncommon words. It suggests a lot of stupid nonsense, and you can't always delete those from the dictionary...

Text editing on this phone's virtual KB is a truly frustrating experience. A trac-pad would be a god send to position the curser and multi-touch would be big too. .

Again, this phone blows any BB I've had away many times over. But, the KB's are a bummer. and I've had mine a couple months and type a LOT on them. I'm pretty used to them.
    02-14-10 12:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD