Convince me otherwise! or tell me why i should.
    02-12-10 11:41 PM
    i don't think anyone cares enough to try to dissuade you
    02-12-10 11:47 PM
    Haaaaaaaaaaa. I needed that!!

I would advise you to try some typing on that keyboard. Those Pre keys are really tiny.
    02-12-10 11:50 PM
    might be right
    02-12-10 11:50 PM
    Convince me otherwise! or tell me why i should.
    Don't let the door hit you on the way out!
    02-12-10 11:56 PM
    Guys, be nice.

@Mozzerella, why are you considering the switch and what about the new device
    appeals to you over the Tour. That should help get your discussion going.
    02-13-10 12:05 AM
    All I can say is I hope you like it; definitely isn't the move for me *shrugs*

Um, can't you borrow a friend's for like 3 days...that's how I realized I really didn't want the hero. A friend and I did a three-day swap. Tour for Hero. Maybe you could do the same but with the pre plus.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-13-10 12:06 AM
    haha thanks, and yea im considering the pre mostly for browsing. I'm kinda sick of the browsing on the tour being slow and incomplete. But i love bbm, and the speed of the menus. Also the keyboard is perfect.

Also, when i got the tour, i was expecting there to be some cooler apps. Not the case. There are really no good games, and I'm really unimpressed with some of the other apps (facebook). I'm thinking the apps on the pre would be a lot better. Plus Pre is getting flash support this month.
    02-13-10 12:08 AM
    Yeah I'm getting sick of the crappy browsing on my Tour also but Sprint doesn't have anything better to offer. I allllmost bought the Hero last night after playing with it for a good half hour... then flipped it over and realized that with that nice 5mp camera they put on it... no flash.

/my desire for the hero

I use my camera way too often to not have one. Not to mention the flashlight app. Use it at least 3 times a day.

Anywho... just thought I'd add to the story... but yeah man those keys on the pre are way small... its like typing on a centro... but with the top slider right in the damn way.

Good luck finding something though!
    02-13-10 12:15 AM
    Apps is a very hard thing to consider as we all have different tastes but my
    54 very useful (and constantly used) apps tells me you may just need to look
    at some of what's available.

The browser I'll give you. Facebook I can't help with as I have never, and have no
    intention of ever using.

The keyboard on the Pre Plus is going to annoy you to no end after using the
    Tour so you may want to drop by a store and handle one.

If you need app help I'd be glad to assist you. There are a lot of free apps out
    and you have more than enough memory to try out as much as you want.
    02-13-10 12:18 AM
    Let us know how you like it. I was thinking about trying the Palm Pre. Does look like a nice device.

02-13-10 12:18 AM
    Apps is a very hard thing to consider as we all have different tastes but my
    54 very useful (and constantly used) apps tells me you may just need to look
    at some of what's available.

The browser I'll give you. Facebook I can't help with as I have never, and have no
    intention of ever using.

The keyboard on the Pre Plus is going to annoy you to no end after using the
    Tour so you may want to drop by a store and handle one.

If you need app help I'd be glad to assist you. There are a lot of free apps out
    and you have more than enough memory to try out as much as you want.
    What kind of apps do you have that you feel are so useful?
    02-13-10 12:33 AM
    What kind of apps do you have that you feel are so useful?
    Keep in mind this is useful to me.

Turn by turn voice guided navigation
    Universal converter
    eOffice for MS Office docs
    Pop up alerter, dictionary and thesaraus, newspaper app, email LED changer,
    a search app, SmrtGuard (in case my phone is lost) weather, Yahoo IM, file
    manipulator, notepad replacement, translator app, Bible, media player
    replacement, several utilities, about 5 games, a bunch of stuff from
    eMobile to patch some glaring BB wholes, police/fire/EMS radio scanner,
    a visual voicemail app, Tellme | Say it. Get It. (my favorite of all time), a tethering
    app, a sports app, and a security lock app. I may have left out a few.
    02-13-10 01:01 AM
    I played with the Palm Pre Plus at VZ for almost an hour and that tiny micro keyboard ended my crush on the Pre. Besides, I'm in love with my 8530!!!
    02-13-10 01:02 AM
    Verizon is pushing the pre plus towards moms so that tells you something lol. Just compare both phones before you buy and what you'll be using it for then go from there.
    Last edited by hondateg91; 02-13-10 at 01:20 AM.
    02-13-10 01:17 AM
    Coming from someone who has to work on Palm's garbage all day...

You don't want one.
    02-13-10 01:42 AM
    When someone is just trying to respond, answer or just chat about a topic and make a new BBM contact especially when one puts has their pin out there and then they act like your name is Lester ( no offense to any Lesters) when you try to reach out. Why even have you pin out there? I thought that was the point of BBM forums. I always respond to others in the Crackberry community. That's the purpose of my pin being out there. I don't think I'm too special to do so; don't think you are too!!! If you gotta be stank, why have it out there?
    Sorry I know this should be in Rants and Raves; please forgive me!!!
    And again, to the OP, you don't want that Pre-Plus. Some cute things are ugly when you get to the insides... G-Night
    02-13-10 02:32 AM
    Stay away from the pre-plus. I had the chance to use one for a day, and it is ridiculous slow. All applications, even core ones, take a lot longer than they should to open up. The UI is nowhere near as good as a BB. And they keyboard is about as big as the one on a Moto KRAZR. Stick with the BB, it'll be better in the longrun

02-13-10 03:34 AM
    Stay away from the pre-plus. I had the chance to use one for a day, and it is ridiculous slow. All applications, even core ones, take a lot longer than they should to open up. The UI is nowhere near as good as a BB. And they keyboard is about as big as the one on a Moto KRAZR. Stick with the BB, it'll be better in the longrun

That's absurd. The WebOS interface is light-years ahead of BB, but it really depends on what you want.

The BB is the absolute finest email machine out there, but web browsing feels like you are stuck in 1990 with a 2400baud modem and Compuserve.

If you want an email machine with the ability to do basic everything else and be on a very stable platform, then go with a BB.

If you want more bleeding edge technology and don't mind periodic glitches and some buggy apps with a visually nicer display, then look at the Pre or an Android unit.
    02-13-10 08:26 PM
    Palm pre was crap.. Plus is just less stinky

Blackberry is the way to go

02-14-10 12:06 AM
    Think about your battery life. I read alot of reviews on Sprints website before I decided on my Tour and there were alot of complaints about poor battery life with the Pre. I know alot of people complain on here about how they can't get two days out of a charge....what the....I had and Instinct that couldn't make it half a day with the use I give my Tour and I still have plenty of charge left at the end of the day. And the keyboard is tiny.
    02-17-10 06:20 PM
    I bought Pre's for myself and my wife and really like them. My wife had never had a Smartphone and she loves her Pre. She's on it all the time now. I loved mine but ended up going back to BB because of the battery life. I'm a pretty heavy user and was getting max 12 hours out of the battery. That consisted of streaming Pandora for a couple hours, lots of email/texting, google maps, and some phone calls.

If you are able to throw it on a charger throughout the day you'll be fine. I don't work at a desk so don't have that luxury. I sometimes have to work another assignment after finishing a 10 hour shift and couldn't afford to have the phone die on me.

I find myself grabbing my wife's when we're together and we need to look up something online, use google maps, etc. It just works so much better. The camera's better too.

I have very large hands and have no trouble typing on the keyboard. I do find myself typing more with my thumbnails then with the pads of my thumbs.

If you're able to throw it on a charger throughout the day I think you may really like it.
    02-18-10 03:06 AM
    I thought about making the switch, but ultimately what I need most are a superb keyboard and email/sms/im. Nothing does those better than the tour.

By the way, I like the bb browser. Shortcuts work great, mine is really fast, fonts just look better than bolt or opera, and every site I visit has a wap site, which I prefer to full desktop sites. Get me the info I need with limited side distractions like animations, ads, etc.

02-18-10 07:55 AM
    I bought Pre's for myself and my wife and really like them. My wife had never had a Smartphone and she loves her Pre. She's on it all the time now. I loved mine but ended up going back to BB because of the battery life. I'm a pretty heavy user and was getting max 12 hours out of the battery. That consisted of streaming Pandora for a couple hours, lots of email/texting, google maps, and some phone calls.

If you are able to throw it on a charger throughout the day you'll be fine. I don't work at a desk so don't have that luxury. I sometimes have to work another assignment after finishing a 10 hour shift and couldn't afford to have the phone die on me.

I find myself grabbing my wife's when we're together and we need to look up something online, use google maps, etc. It just works so much better. The camera's better too.

I have very large hands and have no trouble typing on the keyboard. I do find myself typing more with my thumbnails then with the pads of my thumbs.

If you're able to throw it on a charger throughout the day I think you may really like it.
    I've been considering going to the Pre as well ever since I got one for my lady for Christmas. This post is definitely the most useful and honest that I've read, and I just wanted to thank you for that. Too many people spewing the haterade on here instead of just giving an honest opinion.
    02-18-10 02:39 PM
    Its up 2 you but the tour rocks in my opinion.
    02-18-10 06:15 PM
38 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD