Have a Black Berry Bold 9000 but the small screen is finally driving me crazy. I am paying all this money for the internet, but I really don't use it because the screen is too small and the web browser is a pain.

I have used a Motorola Droid and Samsung Moment at their respective stores, but was wondering if has used both phones in the real world.

The one difference I noticed is that the Samsung definitely had a lag when typing, but the web browser seemed to launch a lot faster than the droid.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.
    02-12-10 09:23 PM
    It might be fair to compare the Eris to the Moment.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-12-10 09:33 PM
    Agreed to the above post.

Myself, well, I bought the Droid, and I'm a freakshow when it comes to buying a phone.

Mostly in what you feel suits you.
    02-12-10 11:05 PM
    The Moment and the Droid aren't really comparable. The Droid is superior to the moment in every way. The hardware, software, and internals, are better. The Droid is even on a better network.

02-13-10 05:59 AM
    Aren't comparable why?

If i am not mistaken they have the same CPU and are very comparable. In my opinion the moment feels better, and has a better keyboard.
    02-14-10 03:37 PM
    Aren't comparable why?

If i am not mistaken they have the same CPU and are very comparable. In my opinion the moment feels better, and has a better keyboard.
    The Droid is on a better network. The Droid's screen is larger and nicer. I don't believe the moment supports multitouch but I could be wrong.
    02-14-10 05:46 PM
    Network is a debatable topic and depends on where you live, and travel to. While Sprint may not have the network of Verizon they are close.

In my opinion the Droid is overly heavy with a clunky keyboard. Id take a Eris over the Driod even with the smaller processor and screen.

With that said if your in the market for phone it maybe best to wait for the Verizon Nexus one, or the Incredible.
    02-14-10 05:53 PM
    The Moment and the Droid aren't really comparable. The Droid is superior to the moment in every way. The hardware, software, and internals, are better. The Droid is even on a better network.
    Not so true.

The Moment has a 800mhz processor, and Droid has a bolstering 550mhz processor.

Moment has AMOLED screen and Droid has TFT

The fact you say droid and moment aren't comparable blows my mind. They are both sliders and both were released in November 2009.

They both have there benefits and flaws. Droid is going to run on 2.0 out of the box, and Moment is still on 1.5 (rumored to be 2.0 or 2.1 soon) so take that in consideration, as an upgrade is in the near future.

The keyboards are different, so that will be your preference.

You can check out this link from PhoneArena.com

http://www.phonearena.com/htmls/compare_results.php?phones[0]=4005&phones[1]=3853&area=1
    02-15-10 09:17 AM
    Besides the Droid having a larger screen, it also has more RAM, and better software version, although the moment will be getting the same one as the Droid in Q2. If you check the professional reviews, and compare those, there is no comparison. The Droid was also named TIME's device of the year. My brother has the Samsing Moment, and we both agree, with side by side comparison's, that the Droid is better, and it is noticeably faster, even though the Moment has a faster processor. However, the Samsung Moment is a nice device, but I couldn't possibly consider it over the Droid, unless I just wanted to be on Sprint for the cheaper prices.
    02-16-10 07:11 PM
    Not so true.

Just because the moment has an 800MHz processor doesn't mean anything. The 600 (downclocked to 550) MHz Cortex A8 in the droid can easily hold its own against the moment.
    AnandTech: Understanding the iPhone 3GS
    ARM estimates that the Cortex A8 is about 40% faster than the ARM11 at the same clock speed. In theory, the Moment and Droid should perform similarly, though that may not be the case due to additional factors (flash speed, RAM speed, OS version, drivers). Also, the Cortex A8's 3D chip is at least double the Moment's, so that will still be faster.

The screen type is just a personal preference. Moment wins on the keyboard but that's it.
    Last edited by PJnc284; 02-16-10 at 07:27 PM.
    02-16-10 07:24 PM
    Thanks for the article, very informing. Just FYI, I posted this before I purchased my moment and by no means am I a fanboy. I simply chose this because I didn't like verizons family and data extra fees. I envy the droid except the keyboard. But these phones are comparable and things like the processor is now more informing to the OP.

As far as lag issues, you should know if you are choosing a moment that there was an update released on 15 Jan that fixed performane issues, in particular the battery life. And lag for me is gone.

Both are great phones and I think you would be happy with either. And Android is such a nice breath of fresh air coming from an Iphone or BB.

02-16-10 08:20 PM
    Moment hands down for me. One because Verizon is ridiculously expensive compare to Sprint (Same service, with sprint getting the slight edge in my area), the Keyboard and the screen did it for me. It may not be as big as the Droid, but the screen is much nicer. And with all the rumours of 2.1 dropping for the Moment and the Hero within the next week or two, I am very happy with my decision. I played with my father's Droid before purchasing it, and I really didn't like it. Big, clunky and just fugly!!

But this is ALL personal preference.
    02-19-10 08:03 AM
    big and clunky? The moment is bigger than the droid.
    02-19-10 08:11 AM
    big and clunky? The moment is bigger than the droid.

It's a little thicker, but it feels smaller in my hand than the Droid and it weighs less. Sure its lighter by light .3 ozs, but it feels lighter. And I have a Body Glove on my Moment. The Droid is like a brick.
    Last edited by DarkPhoenix; 02-19-10 at 08:28 AM.
    02-19-10 08:21 AM
    Not so true.

The fact you say droid and moment aren't comparable blows my mind. They are both sliders and both were released in November 2009.

They both have there benefits and flaws. Droid is going to run on 2.0 out of the box, and Moment is still on 1.5 (rumored to be 2.0 or 2.1 soon) so take that in consideration, as an upgrade is in the near future.

The keyboards are different, so that will be your preference.

You can check out this link from PhoneArena.com

http://www.phonearena.com/htmls/compare_results.php?phones[0]=4005&phones[1]=3853&area=1
    Hmmm...of course they are going to have some similarities. But the Moment isn't in the same league. I wouldn't compare a current Droid running 2.0 to a Moment projected toi run 2.0 or 2.1 in the future. the screen resolutions are vastly different. The AMOLED screen on the moment isn't as sharp as the Droid. The Droid's camera us better and the screen is larger. That's why I say that the Moment isn't really comparable. I don't know too many Android fans that would choose the Moment over the Droid.

02-22-10 05:32 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD