Ok. Had a hard snap on case that snapped on the back and covered the back and sides only. I took the case off to put my Tour in the charging pod and noticed the areas left exposed (ie not covered by the case) such as the speaker, charging port, buttons, etc. have turned brown.

Wtf?! It's hideous and baffling. My Tour is my 2nd BB and my baby. I'm so careful with it. I have no idea how this happened...

Has anyone else experienced this?
    02-12-10 07:43 PM
    Ew...

My Tour has been naked since day 1...doesn't look any different then I remember. But who knows?
    02-12-10 07:58 PM
    sounds fishy. Mine is in a Seidio BB9630 case and has not changed color anywhere since day one.
    02-12-10 09:23 PM
    02-12-10 09:27 PM

Um, rude? However, you have a point.

These are kind of blurry, but you can still see the discoloration.

02-13-10 12:10 AM
    Very interesting. It appears that the color kind of oxidized where the case did not protect it. What kind of environment was it used in? Harsh or sunlight?
    02-13-10 12:24 AM
    Very interesting. It appears that the color kind of oxidized where the case did not protect it. What kind of environment was it used in? Harsh or sunlight?
    Not at all. I only got the Tour at the beginning of this past December, so I've had for about 2.5 months. I live in New England, so it's only been subjected to cold; no extreme heat or sunlight.
    02-13-10 12:27 AM
    Where did you get the case from? If it was a cheap case it seems like the material kind of faded off onto the phone.
    02-13-10 12:31 AM
    I'm more surprised the curtains haven't caught fire than I am the phone turned brown.
    02-13-10 01:51 AM
    I'm more surprised the curtains haven't caught fire than I am the phone turned brown.
    Thank you for this post.. I laughed so hard i almost pissed my pants... Im still laughing as im typing this
    02-13-10 02:34 AM
    Yep, laughing too :-) The post on needing pics may have seemed "rude" to some, but it was funny to me. The comment on the curtains was a gut-buster.

Seriously, I have a similar case on my Tour and have not noticed any discoloration. I just took it off to check and it looks like it did the day I got it (at Xmas).
    02-13-10 12:42 PM
    Yep, laughing too :-) The post on needing pics may have seemed "rude" to some, but it was funny to me. The comment on the curtains was a gut-buster.

Seriously, I have a similar case on my Tour and have not noticed any discoloration. I just took it off to check and it looks like it did the day I got it (at Xmas).
    As for NEED PICTURES, that seems to be a standing comment or joke in more than this forum. Folks seem to want the graphic details. For instance in a bike website, anytime anyone talks about crashing their bike, folks seem to want to see pictures of the destroyed bike and the various road rash injuries. Anytime someone cracks their screen, folks want to see pictures.

I will admit, the request for pictures PICTURE was pretty darn funny, at least, to me.
    02-13-10 01:04 PM
    The curtains definitely gave me my laugh for the day; thanks!!!
    It does look like there has been some type of oxidation going on. Quite weird.
    02-13-10 01:14 PM
    I was thinking the same thing
    02-13-10 01:28 PM
    Um, rude? However, you have a point.

These are kind of blurry, but you can still see the discoloration.
    Sorry if u took it rude, but I was just curious to see what it looked like

Damn man, that's pretty nasty looking

Might have to order a new midplate and change it because that would make me sick looking at that
    02-13-10 01:35 PM
    I wonder about something do you wear a lot of lotions, or body creams. Maybe some perfume or body spray may have caused tht.
    02-13-10 02:35 PM
    Makes me wonder what it's slowly doing to your skin.
    02-13-10 03:19 PM
    Sorry to hear (and see) this has happened to you! How awful. Let us know what manufacturer and model this is so we can stay away from chameleon-tour symptoms… The case itself looks nice, but dang! Don't want that happening. As others have said, I can't imagine what that is doing to your flesh when you hold it so long. It definitaly looks like a chemical reaction!

(I like the turtle figure in the photos though. Turtles are the best!)
    02-13-10 04:11 PM
    Ok. Had a hard snap on case that snapped on the back and covered the back and sides only. I took the case off to put my Tour in the charging pod and noticed the areas left exposed (ie not covered by the case) such as the speaker, charging port, buttons, etc. have turned brown.

Wtf?! It's hideous and baffling. My Tour is my 2nd BB and my baby. I'm so careful with it. I have no idea how this happened...

Has anyone else experienced this?
    I've had discoloration near the charging port, but they're little green dots.. that's the only area that's not black - so WHAT is it???
    04-27-10 03:23 AM
    Did you try cleaning it?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-27-10 04:26 AM
    yea!!*
    :U
    NOMNOMNOMNOM
    04-27-10 04:28 AM
    it was exposed to something that the case protected the rest of it from. chemical possibly something in a bag/purse/pocket. its interesting tho. maybe contact the makers of the case.
    04-27-10 11:33 AM
    Looks like it was exposed to some kind of chemicals u might or might not b aware of bcuz it hit all the areas that weren't protected.
    04-27-10 11:41 AM
    so ur telling me that only me and the original poster are the only two Tour owners with weird discoloration on our phones? :O I find that hard to believe..............
    04-30-10 11:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD