This is my 1st time posting a thread. I have been reading since mid Dec and like everyone was waiting on Tour 2. My new for 2 was 1/15 so my husband and I did the BOGO on 2 BB's. I THOUGHT the Tour 2 would come out within the 30 days, but of course it hasn't.
    I went to the Verizon store today and my sales person(which is a friend of my husband's)told me he wasn't for sure when it would come out. He promised they had not been given any info on the release date, but he thought spring. He said they knew about Storm 2 about 2 months in advance and that release dates are ALWAYS pushed back.
    Anyway, he said I can return my Tour by Sunday and go back to my old phone til Tour 2 comes out. He estimated price around $250(I will have $100 credit from my new for 2).
    So what do I do? Is trackpad really worth it? I played around with it and it seems very sensitive. But I don't want to regret keeping my Tour. However, with the BOGO and my credit both of our Tours were free.
    ADVICE from people that have used both trackpad and trackball PLEASE.
    My trackball is fine but my husband already had to exchange his because it was freezing.
    02-12-10 07:20 PM
    You can change the sensitivity on the trackpad and if you want WiFi than go for the Tour2 its no so much of a big deal we are just waiting because we would rather get the new Tour2 and wait rather than buy the Tour now.
    02-12-10 07:23 PM
    The trackpad is worth the wait. Wi-fi is a plus. Not to mention the extra memory......and maybe, just maybe, a little better processor. So yes, I would wait. You say you have a good Tour now, but......you may end up with the trackball issues.....but then again, maybe you wont. I say the T2 will be released in the March/April time frame.

Best of luck.
    02-12-10 07:36 PM
    Depends on how much you like the things mentioned above. The trackpad and wifi etc. But then again it sounds like you saved a good deal of money on your Tour 1's. If saving money is important u might wanna stick with the ones you have.
    02-12-10 08:15 PM
    I would just keep in mind potential future trackball issues when making this decision. As far as why I'm waiting for the Tour 2, that's the major deal breaker. I'd rather not be stuck in a cycle of refurbs myself. The Tour may be cheaper, but I foresee the Tour 2 being less stress in the long run.
    02-12-10 08:59 PM
    I would just keep in mind potential future trackball issues when making this decision. As far as why I'm waiting for the Tour 2, that's the major deal breaker. I'd rather not be stuck in a cycle of refurbs myself. The Tour may be cheaper, but I foresee the Tour 2 being less stress in the long run.
    Same here, the T1 is a great looking phone, but as you say it will end up being a cycle of refurbs because they wont fix the trackball cause RIM is supposed to be building them different, so as far as Verizon believes there is no problem.
    02-12-10 09:10 PM
    I placed a bid on Ebay for a T1. I'm over the touch screen already. So if worse comes to worse, I'll be like the rest of the CB community and have more than one BlackBerry lol and I'll just switch devices when I feel like it
    02-12-10 09:58 PM
    I placed a bid on Ebay for a T1. I'm over the touch screen already. So if worse comes to worse, I'll be like the rest of the CB community and have more than one BlackBerry lol and I'll just switch devices when I feel like it
    Good luck with yours. I bid on one on ebay as well and I think I got screwed over. Not that that's the norm... I know most sellers out there are trustworthy and honest.
    02-12-10 11:05 PM
    Why do you think you got screwed over?
    02-12-10 11:23 PM
    @mojo pin ahh that sucks! Hopefully you didn't. Have you get the phone yet?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-12-10 11:30 PM
    I think its worth the wait -- B1G1 seems to always come around atleast every couple months -- so if you can and you want, you can wait until the T2 is released and then Big Red runs another B1G1.

Remember, you're goign to be stuck with this phone for 2 years probably. A couple months on the front end I think are worth it for the wifi and trackpad, but more importantly the increased memory and possibility of a better processor.
    02-12-10 11:37 PM
    I have mixed feelings about this whole T2 thing. My husband and I recently purchased 2 Curve 8530's. I love this little phone with all my heart but I've also been keeping an eye on the T2 waiting game during our 30 day trial. (We have Sprint)

When our 30 days ran out with no sign of the T2, I found myself content enough to stay with my little Curve. The way I figure it, I will be eligible for another upgrade come Jan 2011 with our Sprint Premier acct and by then there will be a new BB model out that might even trump the T2. Hubby is not a super-techie so as long as he has a reliable phone that has a good battery, makes calls, texts and checks the internet, he's happy.
    I love the trackpad on our phones. The sensitivity can be adjusted to your liking. I've been making use of the Wifi while at home and have found it slightly faster at times, particularly when paired with the hotspot browser.

Guess I might feel differently if I had a phone that could be a major headache down the road and I had to wait 2 yrs for another upgrade.

02-13-10 12:09 AM
    I have the Tour and I did have an issue two months into owning it. But my replacement is just fine. I love it. I don't have any issues with it. Also, if you take the dust remover that you use on cleaning your notebook and or PC with to the trackball, that helps as well. I really don't mind the trackball. And if you lightly touch it and don't apply a lot of pressure, that also helps when moving it up and down. It is not a bad object and taken care of properly should be fine. Some people are tough on their phones. And also like mentioned before you can change the sensitivity of the trackball. But 70 is fine for me.
    Only you and your husband can make the decision to keep your current Tours or switch them. You will have to pay restocking fees of 35.00 a piece. It is a good phone. I am not about the WIFI or the trackpad. The browser works just fine for me.
    I wouldn't be worried about how your phone will work. I know your husband had to get a replacement, but that can happen with any phone. I have had to replace other models before and it isn't unusual for it to happen. There is warranty coverage and I do suggest getting insurance. Enjoy it. You have a great device.
    02-13-10 12:15 AM
    Good luck with yours. I bid on one on ebay as well and I think I got screwed over. Not that that's the norm... I know most sellers out there are trustworthy and honest.
    I feel bad because I feel like I convinced you Hopefully it works out!!
    02-13-10 06:51 AM
    I could have gotten the tour but went with the curve 8330 last year for 5.00 and don't regret it.
    Verizon would charge you a restocking fee on the phones which is 35.00 a piece if you exchange them within 30 days I think.
    That being said, two tours for the price you got them at is excellent and I wouldn't go back.

I know people complained about the trackball, but what's to say the tour2 doesn't have its share of problems?
    02-13-10 07:10 AM
    I could have gotten the tour but went with the curve 8330 last year for 5.00 and don't regret it.
    Verizon would charge you a restocking fee on the phones which is 35.00 a piece if you exchange them within 30 days I think.
    That being said, two tours for the price you got them at is excellent and I wouldn't go back.

I know people complained about the trackball, but what's to say the tour2 doesn't have its share of problems?
    I agree, I have the tour and love it, a lot of the trackball issues were on the early models. Wifi, is great, but if you have good service in your area, its really not going to make a BIG difference, plus keep in mind a lot of people that are waiting for the tour 2 and are complaining about the issues on the original tour, don't actually own it, more application memory is always better, but the tour has plenty. I'm sure the tour 2 will be just as good as the original one, but keep in mind, there will be issues when it comes out, just like there was with the first tour, and just like there is when any new technology item comes out. I personally have used the track pad, but still prefer the trackball, yea, call me crazy, but I'm one of the few that actually likes the trackball. Besides, you saved a ton of money for a great phone! Just my opinion!
    02-13-10 10:33 AM
    How much did you pay for your T1? And what all did it come with?
    02-13-10 01:59 PM
    Thanks for all of the helpful advice. First of all, the rep did not tell me you could change the sensitivity on the trackpad. He just said he didn't like it because it was too sensitive. LOL! He was trying hard for me to keep my TOUR! Next, the phone they gave my husband last night to replace his since the trackball was sticking is already having problems. So I think I have my answer. I have til tomorrow to exchange. Think I will go back to our old phones and wait it out. My husband doesn't really care and I really want the best BB that is out at the time. I think I would be sick if I keep the TOUR and an updated one came out in the next month or so.
    02-13-10 04:16 PM
    It doesn't matter because a new device will come out and make the tour 2 obsolete. To each his/ her own but I would keep the tours.

02-13-10 05:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD