Greetings.

Recently made the switch from Curve to Tour.

This evening I was trying to install Viigo OTA, and device crashed to 552 screen!

I have downloaded Verizons Tour OS (v4.7.1.61), but on trying to install it, I am getting an "Error 1402: Could not open key.........."

I am desperate. Need phone back up!

Any and all help appreciated.

Thanks.
    02-12-10 05:50 PM
    Do you have a backup of your data from the phone? If so, you can try to wipe the device using BBSAK (RIMGeeks.com • View topic - [Beta][10/25/09] BlackBerry Swiss Army Knife v1.7.0) and then do a clean install of the OS and restore your data using Desktop Manager
    02-12-10 05:58 PM
    Thank you for your input.

However, i need to have the OS installed on the desktop, to be able to do this.

Unfortunately, I am having problems installing the OS.

Pls assist.
    02-12-10 06:08 PM
    Are you on Vista/7?

And you are trying to reinstall the OS on your desktop with an executable file right? If so, right click and "run as administrator."
    02-12-10 06:12 PM
    Running vista 32, and yes, trying to install from .exe file.

Trying "Run as administrator" gives me the same error.

(I am actually the only user on this machine, and it is an admin account).

Getting really nervous!
    02-12-10 06:24 PM
    What is the exact error message you are getting? And at what point of the install?

Have you uninstalled any previous OS' from your computer?
    02-12-10 06:27 PM
    Error 1402. Could not open key:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Classes\DeviceManagerP roperties.PropertiesRIMDeviceManager.1. Verify that you have sufficient access to that key, or contact your support personnel.

When i got the Tour, I upgraded my DM to ver 5, and uninstalled the last OS I had installed for the curve.

Everything had been working great up till this evenings attempted install of Viigo.
    02-12-10 06:33 PM
    Yeah.......pulled some stuff up on google myself.

Very vary about messing with the reg.

Hoping I can get some assist here before I try any of that.

Thanks for all your help.
    02-12-10 06:45 PM
    Strange. It's acting as if you don't have the privileges to the registry. You did state you are an administrator on your machine. Do you by chance have any security software that is protecting your registry?

EDIT: I deleted that post that I found online. Don't want anyone else to try that either.
    02-12-10 06:46 PM
    Very strange.

I can do absolutely nothing with the RIM/BB entries in the registry, under classes.

Tells me I have no access!

Any help, please.
    02-12-10 07:14 PM
    Hi, I have the same problem.

Did you resolve the problem? How did you do it?

regards!
    05-25-10 08:40 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD