I just got my storm2 on Tuesday and absolutely love it. Today I am online looking for cases and have narrowed it down to the case-mate hybrid tough case and the otterbox commuter case. Also, I am looking for a privacy screen protector but have heard to be careful because some interfere with the touch screen functionality. I have seen three of the privacy protects; NLU from crackberry, amzer, and clarivue. I was wondering if anyone has experience with any of them and what you would recommend for a case and privacy protector. Thanks
    02-12-10 03:02 PM
    I just got my storm2 on Tuesday and absolutely love it. Today I am online looking for cases and have narrowed it down to the case-mate hybrid tough case and the otterbox commuter case. Also, I am looking for a privacy screen protector but have heard to be careful because some interfere with the touch screen functionality. I have seen three of the privacy protects; NLU from crackberry, amzer, and clarivue. I was wondering if anyone has experience with any of them and what you would recommend for a case and privacy protector. Thanks
    Can't beat this bad boy https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=HLLLL2GM

I love mine. Why have a bulky cover wrapped all around your phone the whole time? This protects and locks in when not in use, and you still can show off your sexy naked Storm2 whenever you are using it! LOL ok maybe the Storm2 isnt sexy, but it sure is envied!
    02-12-10 03:20 PM
    The commuter is flimsy.
    I broke mine around the charging port.
    They sent me a Defender. It's a bit bulky but will survive a drop.
    I also like the Incipio Silicrylic cases. I had one on my S1.
    02-12-10 03:25 PM
    The OtterBox Defender is awesome. My phone has survived many drops with that case on.
    02-12-10 04:12 PM
    I had a commuter then. I got a defender.

Both are awesome. Defender is just the trick to protect it from drops and the like.

One small problem though is the headphone port is kinda small and I need to take mobile out of case to plug it into car stereo.

No big deal though.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    02-12-10 06:11 PM
    I put the Otter Box Commuter on mine. I loved it on my S1, so having one on the S2 seemed like the right thing to do!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-12-10 08:02 PM
    I use an Epik Resin case with the Seido Innocase holster.

Last edited by cain0013; 02-12-10 at 10:26 PM.
    02-12-10 08:11 PM
    The commuter is flimsy.
    I broke mine around the charging port.
    They sent me a Defender. It's a bit bulky but will survive a drop.
    I also like the Incipio Silicrylic cases. I had one on my S1.
    I have the Defender and the Silicrylic as well. Being a "lady", the defender is a little man-ish but I definitely wouldn't be concerned if my phone fell. My spouse drops his daily at work, on concrete with no problems. I'm luvin my silicrylic case because it still feels protected minus the bulk. And it came in colors other than black.
    02-12-10 08:16 PM
    otterbox commuter is excellent does the job for me.

yep I've seen this privacy screen protector on crackberry:

https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=wLiPlpg9

Did you order one yet or has anyone used it?

I too have read reviews that it may affect the touch screen. Also the Amzer one says that its privacy guards only work in portrait mode and not landscape. Amzer Privacy Protector Shield For BlackBerry - BlackBerry Storm 9500

I was keen to order one if it does the job
    02-18-10 08:52 AM
    I would suggest the Otterbox Defender series. You may have some problems with the bottom buttons using this case if you stick with the official OS, however this problem is fixed by using any of the leaks that are curenylg out. I'm using 5.0.0.451 and it is smooth sailing. It won't be an issue with most cases, but because the Defender is so thick it makes button selection difficult with the current OS. This is the same problem you've heard about regarding some screen protectors. It doesn't really have anything to so with the protectors themselves, it's because the screen of the storm is conductive, it makes a closed circuit using your hand touching both the phone body and screen, so if your case is thick or your screen protector is thick (both providing more protection the thicker they are) it makes that closed circuit harder to obtain. This is why you sometimes have problems selecting the buttons when you have the phone on your desk rather than I. Your band. But again, any of the leaked OS will fix this. But the Defender is the biggest bang for your buck and the most protection you will ever find while not rendering any part of the phone obsolete. You have full and in hindered access to the entier screen. Best investment ever, and cheap to buy through the CB shop. Hope this helps.

02-18-10 10:01 AM
    I love my commuter case... sometimes wish I would have gotten a defender, but they would be extremely hard to get in and out of a pocket.
    02-18-10 10:34 AM
    this may sound crazy but....I dropped my phone more when I had a case on it (Otterbox and Case-Mate) than when I just leave it naked. Now all I have on it is an anti-glare screen protector for the IPod Touch and it goes in my pocket.
    02-18-10 10:50 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD